Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Cover Songs
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 06-29-2012, 12:56 PM   #1
doncarlo

Once I Had A Woman - Jimi Hendrix Improv

Hey guys just wanted some feedback on a recording i made today, this is my first post as i would love to get some creative critism from other guitarists.

Below is a link to the song i recorded today, the end has been cut off cause my pedal ran out of batteries while recording, doh!

Feel free to check out my other songs on soundcloud!

Cheers

http://soundcloud.com/carlios-1/once-i-had-a-woman-2
doncarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 02:42 AM   #2
Jkshoe
Banned

I don't know a lot about the technical aspects of recording, so this might be wrong.

It's good, I like it.

But to me the tone seems a little too high pitched.

Maybe increase the mid and bass slightly and bring the treble down a little bit.

But it could be a recording thing, so I don't know.

Otherwise I think it's really good.

Just sounds a little high is all.
Jkshoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 06:19 AM   #3
doncarlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkshoe
I don't know a lot about the technical aspects of recording, so this might be wrong.

It's good, I like it.

But to me the tone seems a little too high pitched.

Maybe increase the mid and bass slightly and bring the treble down a little bit.

But it could be a recording thing, so I don't know.

Otherwise I think it's really good.

Just sounds a little high is all.

Hey man thanks for the reply, i think i know what you mean, the problem is im running it through a fender champion 600 which means i get no treble, mid or bass controls :/ i am looking in investing some money in a better amp but thats a long way away :p
Old 07-01-2012, 09:01 AM   #4
catempire
yawn...

A lot of this got very messy. That's probably the style you were going for, but it's a bit much for me. There's some really frenetic/sloppy stuff, and simple chords and not much in between. There's also too much discordant playing for my liking. I like that anti-solo/ugly stuff too, but you can't do it too much and you can't do it in the wrong context. If you want to play like that, it'll probably work better in a less traditional blues setting - maybe alternative/punk instead (e.g. Dinosaur Jr).

I love you more than life itself.
catempire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:17 AM   #5
doncarlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by catempire
A lot of this got very messy. That's probably the style you were going for, but it's a bit much for me. There's some really frenetic/sloppy stuff, and simple chords and not much in between. There's also too much discordant playing for my liking. I like that anti-solo/ugly stuff too, but you can't do it too much and you can't do it in the wrong context. If you want to play like that, it'll probably work better in a less traditional blues setting - maybe alternative/punk instead (e.g. Dinosaur Jr).

Hey thanks for the feedback, i didn't really understand what you meant by anti-solo all my playing is in key, i did throw in some random bits and bobs but a lot of great guitarists played like that such as hendrix and SRV. if you could please elaborate i would be grateful

Rate This Thread: