Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Tab Talk
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-30-2013, 02:04 AM   #1
Nine-Breaker

Tab questions about The End of Heartache by KsE

So I've been watching a lot of cover video's/tutorials of the song and I've noticed that no one goes into much depth about the solo. This is going to be my first metal song ( and first song thats not on the acoustic) and I'm struggling with figuring out how the solo actually goes.

http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/k/killswitch_engage/the_end_of_heartache_ver8_tab.htm

This is the best version of the solo/song period I can find and in the song the solo sounds palm muted at first then during the 2nd run through it's normal to me. Am I right in assuming this?
Nine-Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 08:42 PM   #2
Aether89

I think you're right about it being palm muted the first time thru and not the second. If not I'd say it is both times through and just lighter the second. However you decide to play it don't palm mute the pinch harmonic at the end or it won't ring out properly. Feel free to PM me if you need any more help with this or with anything else and I'll do my best to help you out.
Aether89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 08:15 PM   #3
Nine-Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aether89
I think you're right about it being palm muted the first time thru and not the second. If not I'd say it is both times through and just lighter the second. However you decide to play it don't palm mute the pinch harmonic at the end or it won't ring out properly. Feel free to PM me if you need any more help with this or with anything else and I'll do my best to help you out.

Well I've noticed during the 2nd run w/ pinch harmonics it's not p.m. since people either alternative pick the **** out of it or hammer on/pull it. I can't play it all full speed ( it's quarter notes on a 132 bpm) I can play it at 120 bpm and half notes >< really trying to figure out how to increase my speed.
Old 12-01-2013, 08:50 PM   #4
Aether89

Keep practicing it at 120 bpm and slowly increase the speed. Try playing it at 125. If that's too fast drop it down to 122 or 123 and try it there. Once you have it at one bpm keep bumping it up by 2 or 3 bpms until you reach 132.

This exercise is really helpful for building speed and accuracy
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/less...mprovement.html

I would do the first one but instead of changing strings, start on the high E at the first fret and work your way down the fret board till your pinky reaches the 12th fret. Then work your way backwards till you reach the 1st fret with your index finger. After you're done with the high E go to the B string, then G, then D, then A, then low E.
If that doesn't make sense let me know and I'll tab it out for you.

This is another good lesson on speed building http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/less...r_schedule.html
Old 12-01-2013, 08:51 PM   #5
Aether89

Also when you're working your way back from the 12th fret to the 1st, do it 4-3-2-1 instead of 1-2-3-4
Old 12-01-2013, 11:02 PM   #6
fanapathy
B-Tuned

It's like this 2x.
Ghost notes: it's another track coming in that does the PH, it's most clear the second time.
You (they) need this fret to vibrato wide enough (it's up to about 5 semitones, no way you're getting that sort of bend near the nut). PH pitch is E. There's dissonance in the third last note bar 4 with relation to rhythm guitar, probably unintentional.

Last edited by fanapathy : 12-02-2013 at 02:51 AM.
fanapathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 02:36 AM   #7
Nine-Breaker

Thanks for the tips Aether89. It's funny how that simple exercise is basically a one time stop solution for everything from finger independence to speed.

And thanks so much fanapthy for showing me the actually tabature for this solo. It's sad how many version of this song don't even have the proper tabs ><

Rate This Thread: