User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 07-08-2012, 01:32 AM   #81
palm mute
Reserved User

Quote:
Originally Posted by H4T3BR33D3R
I just think its kind of weird. You'd think he'd mention why.

For all I know he could just be some weirdo who lies to his customers

Or the people who make the wigs are weird

every night
palm mute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 01:33 AM   #82
H4T3BR33D3R
UG's Poison Mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by palm mute
For all I know he could just be some weirdo who lies to his customers

Or the people who make the wigs are weird

Both of those options are very plausible either way.

But, I did just eat some pizza so I am quite fartsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelfox
Dude i like rap and stuff. Im a furry and I also have a wolf plush with a hole that i use at times.

Only at times, though.
H4T3BR33D3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 01:34 AM   #83
Destinyrider22

Quote:
Originally Posted by macaroni
Oh damn............must regain manliness.

Yeah watching that video made me wanna slap that bitch every time she opened her mouth. I know that it was all staged but...damn. That first man deserves a medal as do the next two, especially the last guy who wrote the note to the women. There is never a reason to act like that to anyone.

Washburn WM24V
Raven RG100 Amplifier
Zoom G1X Multi-Effects Pedal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsync
how do you define a guitar for a female?
how about one that whines and has trouble with feedback?
Destinyrider22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 01:35 AM   #84
palm mute
Reserved User

every night
palm mute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 01:36 AM   #85
behind_you
you think this is a game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichikurosaki
ins i will suck ur ugly ostrich head if you dont shut up
PeTA

hello

behind_you is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 01:39 AM   #86
H4T3BR33D3R
UG's Poison Mist

But, I did just eat some pizza so I am quite fartsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelfox
Dude i like rap and stuff. Im a furry and I also have a wolf plush with a hole that i use at times.

Only at times, though.
H4T3BR33D3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 01:40 AM   #87
aig91
Annie

If you watch the whole thing it actually is pretty touching:
Old 07-08-2012, 01:46 AM   #88
Thrill-house
Voted UG's Best Guitarist

Seeing this kid stand up to his bully made me feel better. Click here

*The kid in the gray shirt does not want to fight*
Old 07-08-2012, 02:22 AM   #89
IRISH_PUNK13
Whoomit's campaign dude

Sorry, for disappearing. Reddit needed my attention.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WCPhils
...why?

Because it's pointless. Those kids shaving their heads doesn't make a real difference since the cancer kid is, well you know, possibly going to die.
Quote:
Originally Posted by primusfan
i don't know how many bald children you know, but it's pretty tough for them. it's a sign of their sickness and makes them feel different. hell, i know 25 year olds that are thinning on top and use hair products to cover it up because they're self-conscious.

for whatever reason, there's a degree of embarrassment. even a lot of adult females would feel embarrassed about being totally bald. being visibly different. so people shave their heads as support so they don't feel out of place or weird. it's a sign of solidarity and support and i'd imagine it means a lot to them.

Once again, it's meaningless. The kid is possibly dying, and those kids shaving their heads won't change that.
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
IRISH_PUNK13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 02:26 AM   #90
IRISH_PUNK13
Whoomit's campaign dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by H4T3BR33D3R
Yeah but I feel like that specific situation RARELY happens. If they don't support the friend, why would they shave their head? Really who capitalizes on their friends cancer? If its an actual friend, you wouldn't be thinking that way.

They would look just as good donating to a foundation.

For the same reason that someone will donate $10 to some charity rather than actually doing something that will make an actual difference (IE donating their time for a cause). Some people donate to charity to feel good about themselves/convince others that they're decent. Those same people are likely to shave their head because they know someone with cancer.

Why do they need to shave their heads to show their support? I don't gain a shit ton of weight to show anorexic people that there's people that really are overweight.
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Old 07-08-2012, 02:32 AM   #91
Godsmack_IV
PhD in Pinkonomics

This thread was supposed to be about restoring faith in humanity but instead it has devolved into judging people who make harmless life choices.

-10HP to faith in humanity
Old 07-08-2012, 02:42 AM   #92
macaroni
UG's Colourblind Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISH_PUNK13
Once again, it's meaningless. The kid is possibly dying, and those kids shaving their heads won't change that.

Damn man, and I thought I was a cold heartless person.
macaroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 02:43 AM   #93
IRISH_PUNK13
Whoomit's campaign dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydra150
It may well make a difference to that kid, to make him feel less weird as he isnt the only one with no hair. His friends give him strength to try fight the cancer, and this is one of the ways they choose to show support - as has been pointed out a lot of cancer sufferers find losing their hair really disturbing as their appearence is important to them - hair is also important to the people who sacrifice it in an act of solidarity.

Yeah, because his friends couldn't have been supportive without shaving their hair off? I dunno about you, but I can do that fairly well if I have to.

Quote:
Charities need money to buy shit. If everyone deided to volunteer at a soup ******* instead of donating money, there'd be no soup.

Meh, it probably wasn't the best way to put that, but you get the general idea that I was getting at.
Old 07-08-2012, 02:45 AM   #94
IRISH_PUNK13
Whoomit's campaign dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by palm mute

Is there a reason that the dude is in his underpants?
Old 07-08-2012, 02:55 AM   #95
Weaponized
UG Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISH_PUNK13
Is there a reason that the dude is in his underpants?

Cause he's gay.

OT:
Someone being responsible:

Chritstians protecting Muslims during prayer in the middle of a very dangerous Cairo:

Spiderman saving the lives of countless innocents:

last.fm
Weaponized is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 02:56 AM   #96
IRISH_PUNK13
Whoomit's campaign dude

Quote:
Nah, with unemployment at the levels it is there are more people with too much free time than too free much money so I think charities are delighted when they receive financial donations.

See if you knew a kid who was losing his hair to cancer, and you knew that a few people were shaving their heads to make him feel better about it, and you knew for a fact that he looked up to you and would really appreciate the gesture - would you shave your head?

I'm sure that they are, but I was answering to what someone said about people shaving their heads to make themselves look better. Or, I guess as it was put before, cashing in on their friend's cancer.

I would be too busy looking down on the child for looking up to me to begin with.

Seriously though, I don't think I would. I would show the kid support in ways that actually mean something (taking the kid to a baseball game if I had the money, or things that will make him/her enjoy the time they have left [if it's terminal that applies more, but you know what I mean]). My point is that you don't have to do something like that when you can take better actions towards making your friend/young child that looks up to you feel better than some empty gesture like shaving your head.

TL;DR: I would basically try to treat the kid/person like anyone else that I knew (and actually liked) that was fighting a serious disease.
Old 07-08-2012, 03:33 AM   #97
jumi1174

Both of you, SHUT THE **** UP AND TAKE IT OUT OF THIS THREAD. You are ruining this nice thread, GTFO.
jumi1174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 03:35 AM   #98
IRISH_PUNK13
Whoomit's campaign dude

Quote:
So basically you would rather do something like go watch baseball than sacrifice something important to you, even if you know that would mean a lot to a dying kid (and it my hypothetical it does mean a lot to him)?

You seem to be ignoring the fact that the gesture does in fact give some emotional support to cancer sufferers, focusing only on the idea that some people are just doing it to look cool (and bald people rarely look cool, else there would be no point in the gesture).

I would rather take the time to make whatever time the person's life as enjoyable as possible than take part in a meaningless gesture.

Yes, and giving emotional support to cancer sufferers also gives them support (wow, that was the stupidest way to possibly say what I was trying to say. ). That's not the only idea that I'm focusing on at all. It actually wasn't even brought up by me until someone else brought it up. Of course all of the people aren't like that (the ones that are are probably in the minority, or at least I hope they are). My entire point is that it's meaningless to do it when there's other things you can do rather than just shaving your head.

Edit: It doesn't even necessarily mean baseball, but I just used that as an example. Taking the person on a trip to someplace that they always wanted to go, taking them to see their favorite band, going skydiving, etc all fall into what I was getting at. It's much more meaningful than shaving your head.

Last edited by IRISH_PUNK13 : 07-08-2012 at 03:37 AM.
Old 07-08-2012, 03:47 AM   #99
Hydra150
not so cowardly

But anyway, back on topic;
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do

Last edited by Hydra150 : 07-08-2012 at 11:04 AM.
Hydra150 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 04:11 AM   #100
HelpTravesty
︻╦╤--

get a room ladies

Gooze.
HelpTravesty is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: