Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 07-13-2012, 06:41 AM   #1
JamieFinch

Line 6 UX-2 - Stereo issues

I have my speakers (1/8 stereo jack) plugged into an adapter (to make them 1/4 inch) which goes into one of these -

http://www.guitartrader.com/!cYTA8VB175EflrNunpodSw!/Y-Cable-14-F-Stereo-to-Dual-14-M-Mono-s?AID=10513524&PID=1609763&SID=tfc_-_17_1_090503_80890b96285d9fec085c5faf7ed31dd2

into the UX-2's R/L Analog outs.

I'm only getting sound (both Left and Right signals) out of one side of my speakers.

What should I do?

My speakers have a sub connected to them which i thought might be the issue? But then I tried some simpler speakers that were just left & right but got the same problem.

Thanks in advance
JamieFinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 06:51 AM   #2
EpiExplorer
Pulling straws at random

...Its because you're using a mono cable. That makes the signal come out as mono. Mono means one. You need two cables, one for each monitor, unless you're using like, some hi fi system with one cable that connects the tweeters and not studio monitors, which isn't really a good idea...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ometh
Eip pls
EpiExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 06:57 AM   #3
JamieFinch

which is the mono cable?

My speakers have one cable, the standard green 1/8 jack that you would plug into a computer.
Old 07-13-2012, 07:23 AM   #4
MrFlibble
Puts a bangin' donk on it

If you're sure your speakers can work in a stereo fashion (i.e. they're not permanently joined by a mono cable or some such) then you should try using a 1/8 to 1/4 plug to put them in the single 'stereo monitor in' output of the UX. You can also try plugging them in to the headphone socket.

The 2/R 1/L analog outs are really for powered monitors which will each have their own cable connecting them to the UX, independent of each other.
Old 07-13-2012, 07:40 AM   #5
JamieFinch

I tried plugging the speakers into the 'Stereo Monitor In' output but I don't get ANY sound from that.

Should I look into getting new speakers with seperate L/R cables?
Old 07-13-2012, 07:42 AM   #6
MrFlibble
Puts a bangin' donk on it

Try the headphone jack first.
Old 07-13-2012, 07:48 AM   #7
JamieFinch

Oops I missed that part. Okay, the headphone jack works (i.e I get a seperate L&R signal out of each speaker).

I'm guessing this is not optimal? What went wrong with the Analog out attempt?

Rate This Thread: