Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Tabs & Chords
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 06-12-2012, 04:58 PM   #1
Rokkstar

[Full Album] "Whatever Happens, Happens" [Pop/Punk][*.gp5/*.gp4/*.mid][Crit4Crit]

IMPORTANT! If you like my material, please go "Like" my Facebook fan page to keep updated with my music and to receive immediate updates when tracks are out. This will also help me see how many people like my music... Thanks

FIRST THINGS FIRST!! If you choose not to listen to the entire album. Please check out "Under the Moon." I am recording and releasing a full band studio quality version by the end of the month! Click here for a recording. IF YOU LIKE IT... PLEASE LEAVE A LIKE... IF YOU HATE IT... DISLIKE IT... Feedback of ALL sorts is VERY important. Also, keep in mind, that's a single guitar... It's not the version that's going to be in the studio recording.

So! Welcome to my full album for "Whatever Happens, Happens." A lot of the songs for this compilation were taken from "A Time For Changing" which can be found in my signature; regardless, this album is one of my best compilations of music yet. Everything is really "WRITTEN" here. I don't know how else to explain it. This is something I am DYING to record in a professional studio. I'm already working on Under the Moon, and have been for a while now... It's going to come out. For a video reference of what is kinda going on acoustically click here. Other than that... The tracks on this new album amount to about 48 minutes... It's just melody, melody, rhythm, rhythm, good, good. But that's just my opinion. There is always something that can be improved. And always will be improved. Check it out! I'll crit you back within 48 hours.
  1. 5:00am (previously released)
  2. A New Life (previously released)
  3. (Oh,) That Brings Back Memories
  4. She's All Mine
  5. I Have A Dream (previously released)
  6. Out of This Town
  7. Under the Moon (previously released)
  8. Your House (previously released)
  9. After All
  10. Your Silhouette
  11. Hey Beautiful (I'm Sorry)
  12. I Never Forgot (That You Were The Best)
  13. You're Gone (previously released)
  14. Easter egg IS NOT A TRACK

If I were to release a few singles from this album... it would be, 5:00am, Your House, Under the Moon or maybe even Your Silhouette...
Attached Files
File Type: zip [GP5].zip (63.7 KB, 213 views)
File Type: zip [GP4].zip (45.1 KB, 60 views)
File Type: zip [MID].zip (61.0 KB, 61 views)

Last edited by Rokkstar : 07-13-2012 at 03:24 AM.
Rokkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:53 PM   #2
freighttrain
freighttrain

Overall they are very well written and all fit together brilliantly. I personally feel the unreleased song is probably the best closely followed by After All but i am a sucker for the moody sound and dark atmosphere in music lol.

I do find that most of the songs start to get very samey especially in the first half of the album but I guess that comes with how they all fit together and that (judging by the names of the songs) its a kind of concept album but i could be wrong on that last bit lol.

Would like to hear recordings of these though as there is some great promise in them

p.s. my song is on my profile if you want to crit
Laney Lc15110 230 G Tube Combo 15W
Presonus Audiobox USB

check out http://soundcloud.com/
eddiechance
freighttrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 01:23 AM   #3
Rokkstar

Hey man, I guess you're right... My song structures are kinda similar in some places... Good to know, I'll be sure to work out a few twists here and there to kind of fix that up. I returned the critique directly on your page.
Old 06-13-2012, 05:00 AM   #4
Christopher S

Just wanted to say "After All" is key. Damn.
The other songs are all well written, no doubt, but I honestly think your potential is being unleashed when you write music like this track. It reminds of your older works (the more metalcore'ish songs with brass/rhodes/shit). It's just pure brilliance - and also, one of few genre-types not explored to boredom.

GREAT job with After All, and all over a really solid collection of tunes.
Christopher S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 03:10 AM   #5
Rokkstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher S
Just wanted to say "After All" is key. Damn.
The other songs are all well written, no doubt, but I honestly think your potential is being unleashed when you write music like this track. It reminds of your older works (the more metalcore'ish songs with brass/rhodes/shit). It's just pure brilliance - and also, one of few genre-types not explored to boredom.

GREAT job with After All, and all over a really solid collection of tunes.

I love the metalcore I used to write. In fact, this track was kind of a formal respect to my writings of that genre actually. I preferred to have something outside of pop in a pop compilation. I write some metal and when someone picks up this download they're not going to know that if they don't know my name. Accredits me to more than this genre kinda... Your Silhouette retains that minor key also... But, not in the metal eerie feel. It still has it's moments... But After All was a step that artists who prefer to be mainstream-only would never take.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:23 AM   #6
Ryioku
UG Senior Member

Thanks for my crit dude, I definitely have to say I enjoy your music quite a bit. Unfortunately though, as the genre is honestly rather unfamiliar to me... all I can say is it was quite refreshing to listen to, as opposed to the "heavy chill" music I write xD

As for the song "After All", totally agreed with the above... that song is awesome.
Then again, it's moar my style xD

EDIT: OH ALSO! www.soundcloud.com/letters-to-zaya

my song (and a whole bunch more) are on there, if you wanna check it out.

Letters to Zaya

Last edited by Ryioku : 06-25-2012 at 06:26 AM.
Ryioku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:29 AM   #7
Rokkstar

UPDATED ORIGINAL POST!

Also, After All was also a step I wanted to take in towards getting a brass band involved into what I was writing. I really think it would be sick. In fact in the new material that I have been writing as of late, it's moving towards kind of an older pop... Much much more creative, with a twist of more metallic taste being shoved into it. All at the same time while maintaining the radioability of the music. My dream of the music here... Is to push more thematic... cold and warm... Far more creative music into the mainstream. And I know, a lot of people think, "If a lot of people listen to what I like, then I don't like what I like anymore." I'd have to say my honest personal thought is, "WHY!?" Why would you want to take away from that artist/band?? Just because one million people hear it instead of ten thousand doesn't mean it's a bad song... It drives up the success of that artists... Only making them want to do more to please you more. Ya know? I can understand people thinking it would drive them to sell out... But for people to wish things like a band never hitting the mainstream is really cruel to be honest... After All was a push towards a very metallic hardcore feel. Leading into Your Silhouette it gave the vibe of edgier rock. It's just things you wouldn't hear in top 40 that I am trying to get listeners to give a chance to.

Also, went to your soundcloud. Dug it. :3 Downloaded a few tracks. Keepi t up.

Rate This Thread: