Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Closed Thread
Old 02-05-2013, 04:53 PM   #5061
RPGoof
Jobless Hippie Scum

Last time I took actual 2c-e I peaked before an hour struck... my point being that I don't think comeup time is a realiable factor.

I've had comeups ranging from 1 hour to 2.5 hours of tasteless tabs from the SAME SHEET. I've also had to wait 5 hours to feel a 300mg DXM+50mg DPH dose multiple times (at which point I'm going to bed so it doesn't lead anywhere) but I've also had to wait an hour on other occasions.

Coming up on a substance depends on many more factors than the drug itself, so really, it's not a reliable factor in determining what you're taking.

And as far as the tab's I've taken are concerned, I've had great experiences on tasteless tabs, bitter tabs, and numbing tabs. I'm sure most of them weren't actual LSD, but they were all very good experiences which I was quite happy to have had, and they all fit in the approximate 8-12 hour window for full experience. I didn't take an extreme dose (almost always 2 tabs) and they have always come from reliable sources (ie. friends that have eaten part of their supply) so when it really comes down to it, I don't care what the name of the substance was.

But thats just me.

Do you guys have sources for your information? I only ask because anecdotal evidence is hardly solid evidence until it has a solid, reliable source (no offense but I'll admit I've talked about anecdotal """""facts""""" many times that, well, aren't) and anything concerning LSD is hard to pin down the real facts

and so I don't look like more of a moron here is your 2c-e trip length chart: http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/2ce/2ce_effects.shtml

Last edited by RPGoof : 02-05-2013 at 05:00 PM.
RPGoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:28 PM   #5062
WalidTheBoy
Banned

Hey Goof, you ever been to 42 degrees in a2? They got some pretty nice glass
WalidTheBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:28 PM   #5063
progdude93
Banned

I've had really potent LSD that lasted for 6 hours, and I've done 2c-e many times and never peaked after only an hour. Erowid even said that the comeup time (including onset, which I count as part of the comeup) is roughly two hours for 2c-e.

Plus, many sheets are laid really inconsistently, so saying they came from the same sheet means nothing. Many sheets are concentrated in the middle, meaning the onset will be much quicker. Plus, LSD absorbs into the mouth much quicker than the vast majority of RCs.

After 15 minutes, there's no reason to keep LSD in your mouth. RC tabs should be kept in the mouth for 45 minutes. If someone has ever fed you the line, "Yeah, these tabs have a special coating on them to protect the acid (presumably from contact with fingers or to make them last longer without degrading), so keep it in your mouth for a while and don't swallow them," then that's an RC, because they take much longer to absorb.

And yeah, I've taken many RCs, and I've had a great time on 'em. A good trip is a good trip. Like I said earlier, 2c-e is one of my favorite drugs.

Some of what I've said is anecdotal, but it's been rigorously tested by tripping many times and from selling dozens of sheets of "acid" (composed of 25i, 2c-e, and actual LSD). When you have ten sheets to get rid of, and plenty of people feeding you bullshit lies, you have to test shit out. But I've also had everything I know about this shit verified by a chemist friend of mine. He doesn't make acid, but he knows a lot more than anyone I know, and makes his own shit that he sells on SR. He even sells his services (you get to ask him 3 questions for $100) and gets a lot of business.

I don't have links I can give you, but my knowledge was compiled over the course of a few years, many trips I've gone through, and many time that I gave friends some tabs to test theories out.
progdude93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:31 PM   #5064
RPGoof
Jobless Hippie Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalidTheBoy
Hey Goof, you ever been to 42 degrees in a2? They got some pretty nice glass

Probably, I hit up a bunch of shops when I went there for the Hash Bash in 2011 but can't remember the names. Have you been to the Jungle Room in Birmingham?
Old 02-05-2013, 08:12 PM   #5065
WalidTheBoy
Banned

Nahh i haven't checked that one out
Old 02-05-2013, 08:42 PM   #5066
theponz

Hm so do you guys think if I took 2 tabs I would most likely be alright? I'll have all day and I am a very calm and level headed person, never freaked out on any other drugs. I would rather have a good, solid first experience than an underwhelming one. The two people I bought it from weren't sketchy but they didn't look like chemists either so I'm inclined to bet its an RC. Either way is alright, though hopefully not DOx, I would rather not trip for 16-24 hours

Any and all posts by this user are fictional and for entertainment purposes only
theponz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:02 PM   #5067
jimihendrix6699

Quote:
Originally Posted by theponz
Hm so do you guys think if I took 2 tabs I would most likely be alright? I'll have all day and I am a very calm and level headed person, never freaked out on any other drugs. I would rather have a good, solid first experience than an underwhelming one. The two people I bought it from weren't sketchy but they didn't look like chemists either so I'm inclined to bet its an RC. Either way is alright, though hopefully not DOx, I would rather not trip for 16-24 hours

id say go for two, have you done any other psychs? if you have and enjoyed them then go for two man. that's what i would do if i had some acid, well what i plan on doing actually...whenever i actually get acid..
jimihendrix6699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:11 PM   #5068
theponz

No I haven't, this is the first time I've gotten my hands on any, but I have researched a ton and like I said I am pretty confident in my ability to handle myself physically and mentally, and I will be with some good friends up in the mountains during the day, hopefully without many people around. The only thing is I want to figure out a place we can all go that is safe and private, just in case. I don't know, I need to pick up some more for an additional friend so I figure I'll grab another tab for myself and decide if I want to take it then or save it.

Edit: Have you?

Any and all posts by this user are fictional and for entertainment purposes only
Old 02-05-2013, 09:12 PM   #5069
RPGoof
Jobless Hippie Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalidTheBoy
Nahh i haven't checked that one out

Birmingham is a really rich area, the Jungle Room is easily the most high-end headshop I've ever seen
Old 02-05-2013, 09:37 PM   #5070
WalidTheBoy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGoof
Birmingham is a really rich area, the Jungle Room is easily the most high-end headshop I've ever seen

Yeah thats awesome, i love going into headshops to see all the pieces. I've got two currently but i think im gonna add another to the collection
Old 02-05-2013, 10:13 PM   #5071
jimihendrix6699

Quote:
No I haven't, this is the first time I've gotten my hands on any, but I have researched a ton and like I said I am pretty confident in my ability to handle myself physically and mentally, and I will be with some good friends up in the mountains during the day, hopefully without many people around. The only thing is I want to figure out a place we can all go that is safe and private, just in case. I don't know, I need to pick up some more for an additional friend so I figure I'll grab another tab for myself and decide if I want to take it then or save it.

Edit: Have you?

Yea it sounds like you'd fine with two. As long as your confident and in a good place, mentally and physically, then you should be fine. Just roll with whatever happens and try to have the best time you can.

And yea ive done shrooms multiple times. i had the same mindset you have with your confidence and research and i did them by myself for my first time. So i think you should be straight with 2 man.
jimihendrix6699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:43 PM   #5072
JayT44
IAMDONALD

Quote:

Getting acid is a rarity these days. Hopefully your tabs are real.

Underwhelming trips are the worst. I took one tab my first time and I didn't get the experience I'd come to expect from reading about them. I'd say you should definitely take two. If you have more, take three.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
JayT44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:46 PM   #5073
WalidTheBoy
Banned

I'd take two, 3 hits for a first timer may be too strong depending on how good of doses they are.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:55 PM   #5074
theponz

Alright, thanks very much for your input dudes I'll definitely pick up another one for myself. Hopefully it all works out with my friends and we can do it together.

Also, I feel I should share this, It is great.

Last edited by theponz : 02-05-2013 at 11:51 PM.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:50 AM   #5075
progdude93
Banned

Set and setting are the most important thing for beginner psychonauts. I'd HIGHLY recommend doing it in a secure environment where it'll just be you and a few VERY close friends and you can just lie down and listen to music if it comes to that.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:58 AM   #5076
aCloudConnected
;________;

^ I agree. Psychedelics more about you than they are the drug (I know that sounds ridiculous).

Space Band
aCloudConnected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:36 AM   #5077
Carnivean
UG Board King

You know what's amazing? A cop just caught me smoking weed I bought from a buddy in my own car, and i barely got a warning.

Such is life in newly legalized weed world of Colorado.
Carnivean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:00 AM   #5078
progdude93
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aCloudConnected
^ I agree. Psychedelics more about you than they are the drug (I know that sounds ridiculous).

It doesn't sound ridiculous at all. When I'm tripping, I feel more ME than any other time. And that's because tripping helps you accept every part of yourself, while sober you represses parts of the self he dislikes. And that's not necessarily a bad thing. Too much purity can be a bad thing. In the real world, we need to have our shields up, and some things need to be hidden. But when you're so accustomed to doing that all the time, it's impossible to just flip a switch and turn off the shields and come out of hiding. Tripping helps to strip that shit away and allow you to be open. Which is another reason you need to be in a safe environment with close friends.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:07 AM   #5079
mulefish
UG Addict

Quote:

I wouldn't take three if I felt there was a fair possibility that it was RC that I was taking. Some of them - such as the nbomes [which are everywhere] have caused overdoses, because people have thought they were taking acid.

Three tabs for a first trip is ridiculous too - I wouldn't recommend it. Whilst you might be comfortable in your abilities to handle it, it's kind of something that I think you have to try to really be sure

Lastly, tab strength can vary greatly - so be watchful, I've had some BEAUTIFUL trips off just one tab, but I live in Australia, and acid is pretty common around here

Quote:
Originally Posted by progdude93
Set and setting are the most important thing for beginner psychonauts. I'd HIGHLY recommend doing it in a secure environment where it'll just be you and a few VERY close friends and you can just lie down and listen to music if it comes to that.

Definitely this.

muledit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineMusicO
Personally dude, I'd bring two. You never know the potency of the tabs you're getting.
I've heard that if you wait to see what you're come up is like, you can judge if you wanna amplify it and take the other one.
However, I have never tried this method of double dosing....I only have heard a couple others say this.

To my knowledge on double dosing, you CAN take a second tab about an hour in [which can be before the acid has hit full strength unfortunately], and whilst it will increase intensity a bit, the main effect it'll have is lengthening the trip.

I have never done this personally though.

So I don't know the validity of the 'bout an hour after', but I probably wouldn't risk taking it any later tbh, acid tolerance does come up pretty fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by progdude93
No it can't, the comeup for LSD will be 45 minutes to an hour at most. Only RCs take that long to come up.

You'll more than likely be feeling effects 45min in; but you probably won't be peaking.

Last edited by mulefish : 02-06-2013 at 05:15 AM.
mulefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:31 AM   #5080
progdude93
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulefish
I wouldn't take three if I felt there was a fair possibility that it was RC that I was taking. Some of them - such as the nbomes [which are everywhere] have caused overdoses, because people have thought they were taking acid.

Eh, overdoses aren't really the issue as much as the fact that the dose response curve for RCs tends to be much steeper than the DRC for acid. The potential exists to trip waaaay harder than expected, which can be really unpleasant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulefish
To my knowledge on double dosing, you CAN take a second tab about an hour in [which can be before the acid has hit full strength unfortunately], and whilst it will increase intensity a bit, the main effect it'll have is lengthening the trip.

I have never done this personally though.

So I don't know the validity of the 'bout an hour after', but I probably wouldn't risk taking it any later tbh, acid tolerance does come up pretty fast.

You'll more than likely be feeling effects 45min in; but you probably won't be peaking.

Redosing with less than double the original dose will not increase the intensity of the peak by a significant/noticeable amount. However, suggestibility and a mind-altering substance can be a powerful combination.

And I differentiate between the comeup and what I call the climb. The comeup is when you're not adjusted/adapted to the trip, and the climb is when you've adapted but aren't peaking yet. I think it's a significant distinction.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread: