Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Original Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 07-24-2012, 06:22 PM   #1
lalaman33333

First two originals from my upcoming album

The long awaited wait that you never knew you were waiting is now over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, here is track 1 and 2 from my upcoming album

these are ROUGH mixes, this is not the final sound my album will have....the mixes will be re tracked and mastered for their final album versions.there is no post eq or noise gate used, just straight raw guitar and bass tone...i over compressed the cymbals in track 1 but track 2 is much better lol

and yes i know i should have used a compressor on the bass track lol

Track 1: http://soundcloud.com/schecter4life/waxing-and-waning

Track 2: http://soundcloud.com/schecter4life/tsocr-final

lemme know what you think

song is in Drop C#/Db whichever you wanna call it

you cand find some shit sound clips and covers on my soundcloud as well

~LaLa

Last edited by lalaman33333 : 07-29-2012 at 04:32 PM.
lalaman33333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:45 PM   #2
lessy_p

Loving the guitar work. Very Killswitch. The drums let the overall track down in my opinion. I'm sure they'd be much better if they we're mixed in tho.

I Look forward to hearing the final mix down
lessy_p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:48 PM   #3
Bsoffski
The Colonel.

Really like the Siege of CR!
Though, I don't really dig the first one.
C4C? http://soundcloud.com/fabi-s/x2

Last edited by Bsoffski : 07-24-2012 at 06:52 PM.
Bsoffski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:48 PM   #4
lalaman33333

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessy_p
Loving the guitar work. Very Killswitch. The drums let the overall track down in my opinion. I'm sure they'd be much better if they we're mixed in tho.

lol did you listen to track 2? the drums were vastly improved in the one with the clean intro lol...dont have that overcompressed boxy sound anymore

the cymbal tone was inproved and the kick has plenty of punch now

~LaLa

and at this rate...the final mix down for the album is lingering a few months away...tracking is becoming a nightmare xD, had to do like 40 takes on a 30 second clean interlude last night lol

Last edited by lalaman33333 : 07-24-2012 at 07:07 PM.
Old 07-24-2012, 06:50 PM   #5
lalaman33333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsoffski
Really like the Siege of CR!
Though, I don't really dig the first one.

srry for double post...i was ninjad in my own thread lol

lol, i have TOO MANY influences...these 2 tracks sound like completely seperate bands, as do most my originals

Your song is very catchy lol. a little repetitive it seems to me until the end.

I enjoy listening to clean stuff like this. Especially acoustic. What kind of mic are you using? It sounds a little boomy through my monitors but not bad at all.

but a question ensues xD why panned all the way to the left? lol

Last edited by lalaman33333 : 07-24-2012 at 07:05 PM.
Old 07-24-2012, 07:43 PM   #6
Joshua1207
Hipster Jesus

First track was decent. You said it was a metal album so I was expecting something a bit... heavier. It's nice as it is although it could definitely use some vocals over it or perhaps some more interesting riffs over it. Not saying what you got there is bad, but it didn't keep my interest the entire time.

The second song, The Siege of Casterly Rock has a nice intro. The transition took the song into a different vibe than from what I was feeling. I don't think this type of music does too well without vocals otherwise it gets kind of dull fast. I don't dislike it or anything, but its not my cup of tea.
New Album Melancholic
LIKE MY FACEBOOK http://www.facebook.com/MockOffMusic
Joshua1207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:18 PM   #7
Markmems

First song is alright, not a crazy fan of it compared to the second song though. Only input really is make the intro shorter or add something to progress it.

Second song i really enjoyed, very Parkway Drive with both the tone and the riffs. The transition at 2:07 was really iffy though, i would try to add a filler for it or something. 2:38's riff is great, very catchy.

Drums are kinda iffy, i can't quite put my finger on why but they're definitely not EQ'd mixed as well as they could be.

Beside's the mix, i loved the 2nd song's composition, nothing wrong besides that transition issue. What do you use to record guitar? The tone is awesome, very Parkway Drive which is pretty good.

c4c? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1552485
Markmems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:10 PM   #8
lalaman33333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markmems
First song is alright, not a crazy fan of it compared to the second song though. Only input really is make the intro shorter or add something to progress it.

Second song i really enjoyed, very Parkway Drive with both the tone and the riffs. The transition at 2:07 was really iffy though, i would try to add a filler for it or something. 2:38's riff is great, very catchy.

Drums are kinda iffy, i can't quite put my finger on why but they're definitely not EQ'd mixed as well as they could be.

Beside's the mix, i loved the 2nd song's composition, nothing wrong besides that transition issue. What do you use to record guitar? The tone is awesome, very Parkway Drive which is pretty good.

c4c? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1552485

I use an Ibby s520ex through a Rocksmith (yup) xbox 360 cable into mixcraft 6 with lepou free vst's and guitarhacks impulse responses. I surprised myself with the tone this inteface wass able to relay lol...and NO latency (2ms) compared to the stealthjack or other guitar to usb cords ive used, and unlike those it can record 24 bit 44.1khz quality

drums are Ezdrummer Drumkit from hell (getting Steven Slate this weekend)

and funny you should mention the parkway drive tone...their tone was EXACTLY what i was going for......that TONE on their album Deep Blue is the holy grail of tones to me. i was like :O the first time i heard Samsara...soooo simple yet so mind-blowingly clear and powerful for such a low tuning.

Last edited by lalaman33333 : 07-24-2012 at 10:20 PM.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:30 PM   #9
Markmems

Haha seriously? That tone is seriously great. I might check out those vst's.

And yeah i'm a huge fan of Parkway's tone and riffs. Bigger fan of the music off the previous album, but the tone on DeepBlue is awesome.

If you ever need any help with drums let me know, you can always send me the midi file and i can mix them into the track, i enjoy practice

You should give my song a listen / critique ,
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1552485

Last edited by Markmems : 07-24-2012 at 10:53 PM.
Markmems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:46 AM   #10
lalaman33333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markmems
Haha seriously? That tone is seriously great. I might check out those vst's.

And yeah i'm a huge fan of Parkway's tone and riffs. Bigger fan of the music off the previous album, but the tone on DeepBlue is awesome.

If you ever need any help with drums let me know, you can always send me the midi file and i can mix them into the track, i enjoy practice

You should give my song a listen / critique ,
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1552485

seriously, other than the monitors i have a whopping $25 invested into my guitar tone for recording

i aquired the EZdrummer software for free from my uncle who no longer records, and i bought my Bose Monitor of him for $20

so my entire studio (including ibby guitar that i got for $90 on CL) was $135

Last edited by lalaman33333 : 07-25-2012 at 11:25 AM.
Old 07-25-2012, 08:29 PM   #11
LunyAlex

Firstly I Love the songwriting/riffs on both tracks.

In my personal opinion drums need to be a bit less dry (add a / turn up the ambient mic) and compress the snare a bit more. This might be a preference thing though.

Also on the first track the bass doesn't seem to mold well enough with the guitar tone. That guitar tone is awesome , so it needs full justice.
My suggestion would be to lower the mids and highs on the bass track, copy the entire bass track into a new instance, add a distortion effect to the newly created instance (really dirty and distorted but try not to make it too fizzy, focus on mids and high mids with this, but not so much on highs), kill most of the bass (everything bellow 100hz for sure) and balance out the volumes between the two.

Hope that helps.

C4C Pls?
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1553332
LunyAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:26 AM   #12
lalaman33333

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunyAlex
Firstly I Love the songwriting/riffs on both tracks.

In my personal opinion drums need to be a bit less dry (add a / turn up the ambient mic) and compress the snare a bit more. This might be a preference thing though.

Also on the first track the bass doesn't seem to mold well enough with the guitar tone. That guitar tone is awesome , so it needs full justice.
My suggestion would be to lower the mids and highs on the bass track, copy the entire bass track into a new instance, add a distortion effect to the newly created instance (really dirty and distorted but try not to make it too fizzy, focus on mids and high mids with this, but not so much on highs), kill most of the bass (everything bellow 100hz for sure) and balance out the volumes between the two.

Hope that helps.

C4C Pls?
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1553332

thanks man i appreciate the feedback, and ive done about all i can to make my squier bass sound decent, it completley falls apart when i try and add and distortion to it.

and i know the drums are complete shit, i know NOTHING of playing drums, and these were first ever attempts at programming them lol

twas an accidental bump, not intentional xD, i read the new rules stickie, it just slipped my mind lol

Last edited by lalaman33333 : 07-26-2012 at 09:52 AM.
Old 07-26-2012, 11:22 AM   #13
awesomo41894

For track 1 I LOVED the lead, The rhythms were decent, nothing amazing, but I liked them as well. With vocals this would be very sweet. The drums need a lot of work imo.

As for track 2, its much better. I LOVE how this song is built, I like the drums in this. This song is 10000000x better than track 1. PLUS the siege of casterly rock is a sweet title haha. With vocals, Id def. listen to this song all the time. Great composition, great playing, I liked it!
awesomo41894 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 01:21 PM   #14
gorkyporky
I like pie.

I really like the guitar tone on the fist track, but the bass and drums are kinda wierd. The bass doesnt really gel with the guitars, and the drums are, i dunno, not punchy enough. Also, you should improve the drum composition a bit.

I LOVE THE SECOND TRACK! Hell, i wish i could download it. The composition is great, and the guitars sound awesome. The drums are again not punchy enough. But you can take those comments with a grain of salt, sine i dont really know anything about drums.
Old 07-27-2012, 11:46 AM   #15
lalaman33333

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorkyporky
I really like the guitar tone on the fist track, but the bass and drums are kinda wierd. The bass doesnt really gel with the guitars, and the drums are, i dunno, not punchy enough. Also, you should improve the drum composition a bit.

I LOVE THE SECOND TRACK! Hell, i wish i could download it. The composition is great, and the guitars sound awesome. The drums are again not punchy enough. But you can take those comments with a grain of salt, sine i dont really know anything about drums.

AHHHHHH! lol, i have gotten the download request on other forums, like an idiot i forgot to select the download availability option on SC when i uploaded the track
Old 07-29-2012, 04:35 PM   #16
lalaman33333

Quote:
Originally Posted by lessy_p

i didnt notice the "if they were mixed in" part lol

im pretty new at this, define mixed in lol. i just made the drum track in the piano roll of mixcraft with ezdrummer, and saved it, and tracked all the guitar and bass parts and mixed em in over the drums.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:36 PM   #17
sbesozzi
Guitar-a-holic

Really love the first track! I love how the guitars have a really slow feel but still sound aggressive! Makes me thing of Cradle Of Filth! :P As it was mentioned though, I think the drums could use a bit more work (add fills and stuff). Did you think about adding vocals to that song? It could be freaking epic! I reaaaaaally like the chords you used at 0:40 - 1:05 !

TOTALLY LOVE the intro of the second song! Do you know the band Katatonia? It sounds a lot like them, very doom*ish. I like how the heavy stuff kicks in, but I would add a lot of reverb or delay to that hi-hat at the countdown! Or just use a more powerful cymbal! The riffs that follow are pretty badass! Keep rocking man!
sbesozzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 10:21 PM   #18
lalaman33333

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbesozzi
Really love the first track! I love how the guitars have a really slow feel but still sound aggressive! Makes me thing of Cradle Of Filth! :P As it was mentioned though, I think the drums could use a bit more work (add fills and stuff). Did you think about adding vocals to that song? It could be freaking epic! I reaaaaaally like the chords you used at 0:40 - 1:05 !

TOTALLY LOVE the intro of the second song! Do you know the band Katatonia? It sounds a lot like them, very doom*ish. I like how the heavy stuff kicks in, but I would add a lot of reverb or delay to that hi-hat at the countdown! Or just use a more powerful cymbal! The riffs that follow are pretty badass! Keep rocking man!

thanks man, that means alot, the drums were compressed as a whole and no rrom mic whatsoever just to save a little effort, there will be alot more effort put into the Album versions.

By the way, all my album tracks, when complete, will be downloadable from Soundcloud.

Not sure where i can post it as a complete single download though...any ideas anyone?
Old 10-04-2012, 09:33 PM   #19
Andalus
Bānned

Very late to this mate but thought I might as well get round to it

I like the first composition, but I don't like the guitar tone, just not my cup of tea. Sounds very gainy to me, but I suppose the guitar tone I like wouldn't work in this type of music.

The drums are pretty badly done though, don't sound great. They have no life to them, I know it's hard to get life into this type of music though.

Overall you've done a good job.
Andalus is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: