Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Original Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 08-01-2012, 11:02 PM   #1
kschaef

The Lives To Come - "Collide" [MD Post-Hardcore] C4C

We just released a new song produced by Durv @ Serious Studios (I, the Breather). Check it out!

thelivestocome.bandcamp.com

C4C!

Gear:
Agile AL-2000 > Maxon OD808 > Boss DD-20 > Strymon blueSky > Splawn Pro Stock > Emperor 4x12

the lives to come

kschaef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:52 AM   #2
BigSmokeDawg
Yes We Nyan!

I'm not a fan of screamed vocals, so I'll leave them for someone else to crit

The clean vocals are really good though, and the instruments all sound excellent. The guitars are heavy as ****! The riff at around 1:40 is really sick haha. The mixing is excellent, and overall it's a pretty damn solid song. I certainly can't find anything to fault

Nice work dude!
Line 6 UX2
Squier Jazz Bass
Guitar Covers - DaBigSmokeDawg
Recordings, demos and songs - www.soundcloud.com/bsmoked
BigSmokeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:09 PM   #3
kschaef

Thanks, man! I can definitely understand not liking the screaming, it's an acquired taste!

Gear:
Agile AL-2000 > Maxon OD808 > Boss DD-20 > Strymon blueSky > Splawn Pro Stock > Emperor 4x12

the lives to come

Old 08-03-2012, 03:17 PM   #4
Markmems

Screams are pretty good, i think they might be a little too low and heavy for the instrumentals in the beginning, but after the clean chorus they seem to fit right in.

The clean singing is amazing, i'm a huge fan of the last part of the song.

Instrumental-wise, i'm pretty impressed. Original writing style, not generic for being hardcore, good and heavy.

Where are you guys from?
Markmems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 09:36 PM   #5
aaron aardvark

kschaef,
Thanks for the review! I'm not a fan of growling/screaming vocals, but I think the non-growling vocals are good (I lobby for more of those)! I like most the guitar riffs. Playing is tight. Overall audio quality is good. Drums are well done......but stop flippin' me da bird.
aaron aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 03:26 AM   #6
aNOMalyband

hey thanks for your crit.

This seems pretty good. The guitar work is especially good IMO. It gets lost to an extent in the vocals, but that comes with the territory I think. The drummer is really good is it programmed or is it a drummer? The leads at the end could have been louder that would have made me a lot happier... GW
aNOMalyband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:09 AM   #7
kschaef

Thanks, guys!

@Markmems, We are from Baltimore, MD.

@aNOMalyband, that is our real drummer! No triggers.

Gear:

the lives to come

Old 08-04-2012, 11:40 AM   #8
sbesozzi
Guitar-a-holic

I really love the track! Nice heavy and brutal feel! Everything is tight. From the drums to the vocals! I prefered the clean singing part though. Guitar riffs are amazing! The only thing that I didn't like was that imo the snare was a bit too loud. Kind of destroyed my ears. But it's the only thing I noticed about the mix, otherwise it is perfect! Really amazing song.

C4C ? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1553938
sbesozzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 04:59 PM   #9
James_Het_Rules
UG Fanatic

The intro, was ****ing amazing. And thanks for the crit btw. The screaming reminds me of someone that I can't think of at the moment, but it's a damn catchy tune. The chorus was cool as well, very well done clean vocals, some harmonies would be cool in my opinion... but that's neither here nor there lol. I hope you guys get somewhere with this song, because it's very catchy, and the chords/progressions/riffs and vocals all mesh very well together. Keep making good music dude. I look forward to hearing more from your band!
Soundcloud
Soundclick
All albums available HERE free of charge. Over 3 hours of metal!

James_Het_Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:25 PM   #10
Michael87

It's really great song I can't say anything bad about it, both mix and composition sound very professional and it reminds me of Misery Signals Keep up the good work
Old 08-05-2012, 01:34 AM   #11
kschaef

Thanks so much for the kind words, guys!

If you're really digging the stuff, give us a "like" on Facebook

http://www.facebook.com/thelivestocomemusic

Gear:

the lives to come

Old 08-05-2012, 10:52 AM   #12
jmako

alright, just started listening, the guitar sounds heavy but solid. distortion tones can be hit or miss but this sounds good. i dont have much of a background to base a critique of the vocals on. i dont listen to this type of music much but this sounds like something id hear if i did. id turn up the bass a bit in the mix, but other than that the sound quality seems to be quite good. the clean vocals sound really cliche to me in their tone, but then again if thats the style youre going for, then you nailed it since thats just my opinion and im probably not the target audience for this anyway. but yeah, turn that bass up a little bit and this is a solid track. thanks for checking out my song and leaving feedback
jmako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 12:27 PM   #13
Poisonouspot

I have no input on screamo because i dont know whats good/bad , overall great track, the clean vocals are great and the guitar has a beautiful tone
Poisonouspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 01:30 PM   #14
KDawgAtsu

The mixing is fantastic, and I'm really digging the guitar tone. It's tight and heavy, and fits really well within the context of the song. I can't really comment on the screaming since I don't know what's "good", but the clean vocals sound great. I'd personally love to hear some vocal harmonies on the chorus parts, but overall this is a really polished, catchy song!
KDawgAtsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 07:55 PM   #15
Argyle_06

The whole recording/mixing is really good! I love the guitar riffs and the tone and how it balance and fits the whole song. The overall tune is really catchy as well. When it comes to screaming, I'm not really into it so I can't give a feedback on that side.

But overall, song is top notch! Great job man! Cheers!
Argyle_06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 09:17 PM   #16
EddieWan

Hey thanks for the crit earlier today.

Awesome song! I really enjoyed 0:35, can't really tell if that's some editing magic or what, but it's really tight and makes a good transition. The singing is really good, but I caught a few warbles that sounded like auto-tune. Is it the same guy who screams?

The screams are good, but occasionally it sounds like the vocalist is running out of breath a few times and dips into a strained clean yell. But hey, it sounds good.

I like the guitar too, good tone. Glad to hear such a good mix.
EddieWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 09:21 PM   #17
TakeThat

Hey man, thanks for the kind words on my video overall the mix was tight! I don't like screamo and I don't listen to it. But if I had to guess I'd say it was good! Haha, The clean vocals were very nice! Great job dude!
TakeThat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:01 AM   #18
jrcsgtpeppers

at first i thought this was gonna be a noise rock song
then it got brutal
this stuff sounds legit, if someone said this was from a popular band, i wouldnt question it.
it also sounded really well thru my headphones. nice and loud. i liked the metal vocals over the clean vocals. but tight stuff
Old 08-06-2012, 04:23 AM   #19
Harlot Hero
Mr. User-Friendly

This is a gem to find on here. I'm a fan of I, The Breather, and this song hit hard as soon as it started up. The harsh vocals are very powerful which I really liked. The clean vocals are well-sung and have a nice tone to them. The drummer is a beast. I like the drum's tones. Bass is mixed very well. You've picked a good producer. The song isn't over-produced and still has that 'raw' feel to it, which is something I love about bands. I'm definitely downloading this. I would buy it, but i'm a bit out of money at the moment. Solid track, guys! "Choice Words" is awesome too.

Thanks for the crit!

~ Live the dream; bleed the passion ~
Harlot Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:30 AM   #20
kschaef

Thank you so much for all the praise, guys You can download the song for free on our bandcamp if you like! Hit "Buy Now" and just put $0 for the price.

@EddieWan, at 0:35 the entire track is chopped up to create that effect. I wish I could say we did that on our own, but that would be incredibly difficult, haha. We have 2 vocalists, one who screams and one who sings.

Gear:

the lives to come

Rate This Thread: