Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Modern Rock
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 08-06-2012, 12:19 PM   #1
KristianB

Black Veil Brides. Best and worst songs

name the best and worst songs from BVB

eg.

Best: 1.
Worst:9.

as many as u want!
KristianB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:21 PM   #2
Aays
Lurking as usual

inb4 shitstorm

Since it's going to happen anyways... I would classify all of them as terrible.
Jake Pitts is a decent guitarist and it's all downhill from there.
Old 08-06-2012, 12:27 PM   #3
ihartfood
Potato Faced Blind Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aays
inb4 shitstorm

+1
Old 08-06-2012, 12:31 PM   #4
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes

All of them are the worst.

They're a fad band, they make money not by writing good music, but by creating a brand that naive kids love. Though the music it's self isn't too bad. It's that shithead front man's attitude and shit singing voice that makes them hateful.

They're about as deep as a puddle of vomit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
ChemicalFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:33 PM   #5
rob904

troll thread
rob904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:51 PM   #6
MetalRock4ever
Watchin the world pass by

1.Knives and Pens
2.Coffin
3.Youth and Whisky
4.New Religion
5.God Bless You
6.Beautiful Remains
7.We Stitch These Wounds
8.A Devil For Me
9.Hello my Hate

I don't get the hate for them. I bet they make better music than you. They made it in the music business and got somewhere. Save the hate for a group with really no talent.
MetalRock4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:54 PM   #7
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalRock4ever
I don't get the hate for them. I bet they make better music than you.

Entirely subjective, but personally I'd rather listen to my music than their watered down metalcore. The reason they're so popular is because surface level, young teen, scene kids think they're edgy, and that they "get them". Tell me, what kind of person really wants to attract 14 year old girls?

Quote:
They made it in the music business and got somewhere.

So did Justin Beiber. Being popular is not a sign of musical quality, it's a sign of being able to play the market.

Quote:

Last edited by ChemicalFire : 08-06-2012 at 12:55 PM.
Old 08-06-2012, 02:04 PM   #8
ISuckAGuitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihartfood
+1

+2
ISuckAGuitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:09 PM   #9
purplexing
Rock n' Roll idealist

I have a strange opinion about this band. First I really REALLY love that there is a modern glam band out right now. A lot of people like they're music but don't like their look, I'm the opposite. The modern rock scene is really boring, mainly because of the minimalistic and nerd-chique of the indie rock movement. That being said, I think any band had the potential to have BVB's popularity simply because the music scene is completely barren of any rockstars. The music itself isn't bad, just Andy's voice and lyrics about being bullied (I mean come on, the guy is way too good looking to ever know what it's like to be bullied). I was happy when I heard fallen angels though, sounded like a cool 80's rock anthem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -[NiL]-
I asked him what tuning he put it in and he replied, "seventh."

Seventh.
purplexing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:26 PM   #10
ISuckAGuitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplexing
I have a strange opinion about this band. First I really REALLY love that there is a modern glam band out right now. A lot of people like they're music but don't like their look, I'm the opposite. The modern rock scene is really boring, mainly because of the minimalistic and nerd-chique of the indie rock movement. That being said, I think any band had the potential to have BVB's popularity simply because the music scene is completely barren of any rockstars. The music itself isn't bad, just Andy's voice and lyrics about being bullied (I mean come on, the guy is way too good looking to ever know what it's like to be bullied). I was happy when I heard fallen angels though, sounded like a cool 80's rock anthem.
He actually was bullied. In middle school. Then he went to a performing art's school after that (where he actually studied voice, you couldn't tell from his singing though), I doubt he was bullied there. So basically he can't get over middle school. That's not rock n' roll.
ISuckAGuitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:03 PM   #11
KristianB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aays
inb4 shitstorm

u sir are a ******
Old 08-06-2012, 03:08 PM   #12
KristianB

atleast ur normal, good choice in music btw!
Old 08-06-2012, 03:50 PM   #13
MetalRock4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemicalFire
Entirely subjective, but personally I'd rather listen to my music than their watered down metalcore. The reason they're so popular is because surface level, young teen, scene kids think they're edgy, and that they "get them". Tell me, what kind of person really wants to attract 14 year old girls?

So did Justin Beiber. Being popular is not a sign of musical quality, it's a sign of being able to play the market.

Yes but they make good music. We all have our own opinions, I accept that, but why all the hate? Why do people hate BMTH? And they're dressing the way they want to. I don't see people making as many comments when it comes to Marilyn Manson (he attracts a different age) but still. But if people don't like the looks, don't look at them, simple. Just listen to the music, that's the entire point.

Well they played to the market and they got in. That's nothing bad, it's how many people live.

If haters come and bash other bands that they don't like, why bother? Waste of your time and other peoples and they make life a misery.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:29 PM   #14
Aays
Lurking as usual

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristianB
u sir are a ******

Did someone forget to eat their lucky charms this morning? Aw.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:34 PM   #15
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes

Quote:
Yes but they make good music. We all have our own opinions, I accept that, but why all the hate?

Because they write bland generic music and focus on being popular with their fans more than writing music.
Quote:
Why do people hate BMTH? And they're dressing the way they want to. I don't see people making as many comments when it comes to Marilyn Manson (he attracts a different age) but still. But if people don't like the looks, don't look at them, simple. Just listen to the music, that's the entire point.

Less people hate BMTH, I like BMTH personally because they sound different to every other bad in their genre, or did when they first came out, most people have got over not liking them by now. So if nothing else I don't dislike BVB just because they are trendy.

Quote:
Well they played to the market and they got in. That's nothing bad, it's how many people live.

Because it means they got popular because of something other than their music, which is the main point of being in a band

Quote:
If haters come and bash other bands that they don't like, why bother? Waste of your time and other peoples and they make life a misery.

Because they flat out don't deserve it, they're not good musicians, they're a good marketing force. Also there is a certain level of hypocrisy in saying, "I know everyone can have an opinion, but you should only post positive ones."

Quote:

Last edited by ChemicalFire : 08-06-2012 at 08:37 PM.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:06 PM   #16
purplexing
Rock n' Roll idealist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemicalFire
Because it means they got popular because of something other than their music, which is the main point of being in a band

Clear example of how my generation does not understand Rock n' Roll. No famous Rock n' roll group has ever made it on music alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -[NiL]-
I asked him what tuning he put it in and he replied, "seventh."

Seventh.
purplexing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:15 PM   #17
Addonexus408
Bay Area Thrash

TS be trollin
Addonexus408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:16 PM   #18
punkforlife93
Call me Jed.

mfw I stumble into this thread

Bandcamp | Facebook | Deadformat | Last.fm
punkforlife93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:45 AM   #19
MetalRock4ever

They're music is "bland"? I may be a fan but if a band does play the kind of music they make, bland is probably one of the last words I use. They have dodgy songs (lyrics are a bit dumb) but the music they make are good (IMO).

"focus on being popular with their fans more than writing music" Surely that's what many bands do (not if they're new to the industry). Experimental music has been proved not to go down well with fans. If you want examples, I'll give you some.

From what I heard, people don'tlike BMTH but thanks for telling me about them. No one gives proper reasons, they give insults.

"Because they flat out don't deserve it, they're not good musicians" Okay, sorry but that has to be an immature answer. If they're not good, why are they in the charts? (And don't go "cos they got hundreds of 13 year-old fans" as a reason.) If they're not good, why are they performing at festivals? If they're not good, how come you're not doing better than them? If you're so high and mighty, you try and make it and beat them. Then you can say that kind of stuff. We, as the audience, are full of wants and needs and the musicians have to appeal us. Sure they can't appeal all of us, but they have that work to do.

"I know everyone can have an opinion, but you should only post positive ones." I agree that there should be negative comments, but not 'he's a ****' and that rubbish. And I agree that there shouldn't be positive comments like 'Oh, he's so beautiful'. This is about the music (or the market forces if you're like that).

One last thing. Patrick Stump from Fall Out Boy. He has a great voice, so much talent, and he quit the music industry because he could not live life how he wanted to. He lost weight and people threatened him to get it back. They're the haters I have no respect for.

I think it's best if we stop. You can say whatever but let's stop before it gets too idiotic.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:54 AM   #20
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes

Quote:
They're music is "bland"? I may be a fan but if a band does play the kind of music they make, bland is probably one of the last words I use. They have dodgy songs (lyrics are a bit dumb) but the music they make are good (IMO).

"focus on being popular with their fans more than writing music" Surely that's what many bands do (not if they're new to the industry). Experimental music has been proved not to go down well with fans. If you want examples, I'll give you some.

From what I heard, people don'tlike BMTH but thanks for telling me about them. No one gives proper reasons, they give insults.

"Because they flat out don't deserve it, they're not good musicians" Okay, sorry but that has to be an immature answer. If they're not good, why are they in the charts? (And don't go "cos they got hundreds of 13 year-old fans" as a reason.) If they're not good, why are they performing at festivals? If they're not good, how come you're not doing better than them? If you're so high and mighty, you try and make it and beat them. Then you can say that kind of stuff. We, as the audience, are full of wants and needs and the musicians have to appeal us. Sure they can't appeal all of us, but they have that work to do.

"I know everyone can have an opinion, but you should only post positive ones." I agree that there should be negative comments, but not 'he's a ****' and that rubbish. And I agree that there shouldn't be positive comments like 'Oh, he's so beautiful'. This is about the music (or the market forces if you're like that).

One last thing. Patrick Stump from Fall Out Boy. He has a great voice, so much talent, and he quit the music industry because he could not live life how he wanted to. He lost weight and people threatened him to get it back. They're the haters I have no respect for.

I think it's best if we stop. You can say whatever but let's stop before it gets too idiotic.

I think you're missing the point, I'm explaining why people dislike this band, which was the question you asked. I'm not going to force you to agree with me or stop liking the band. But in the end it boils down to the reason they're popular is not because of their music, which is a rather bland imitation of A7x (that kinda Glam mixed with Metalcore vibe), but it's because of their image, it's a boy band with Pedal riffs, there is little musically exciting about them. The people who tend to talk about music on the internet are either Metal Head Elitists or Music Nerds who know what they like and why they like it, they are not the market for BvB, so that's why they get the hate.

Quote:

Rate This Thread: