Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Modern Rock
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 08-07-2012, 01:17 PM   #21
MetalRock4ever
I just love quoting stuff

Ah okay. Thanks =)
MetalRock4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 07:23 AM   #22
TomMon
Sick of Smiths covers

I don't mind the morticians daughter and knives and pens. Beyond that, they just seem style over substance to me. I'm old enough now that image isn't at all important to me, and other bands play stuff I enjoy more.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:22 PM   #23
corza334

Old 09-09-2012, 05:20 PM   #24
JoshL1997
Mournless

I like BVB. i take most of my values as musicians after them. not about money, not about sex. its about being there for people (our fans) and about making people feel good. if you are feeling down about something, pop in our cd, forget about the world and rock out.

1.Rebel Love Song
2.Coffin
3.Fallen Angles
4.Perfect Weapon
5.Ritual
6Set The World on Fire
7.Morticians Daughter
8.The Gunsling
9.Knives and Pens
(note, i can go on forever with these songs. but theres a huge list in my head of best-worst. this only the 1st out of 4th)

Plus, People who only listen to Knives and Pens, and say they're a huge fan... you're not. A huge fan is who actually listens to all of their stuff, and takes a moment to figure out what the song is about. so if you only listen to Knives and Pens, and say you are a huge fan, kill yourself. This is my view about this.
Old 09-09-2012, 05:24 PM   #25
JoshL1997
Mournless

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshL1997
I like BVB. i take most of my values as musicians after them. not about money, not about sex. its about being there for people (our fans) and about making people feel good. if you are feeling down about something, pop in our cd, forget about the world and rock out.

1.Rebel Love Song
2.Coffin
3.Fallen Angles
4.Perfect Weapon
5.Ritual
6Set The World on Fire
7.Morticians Daughter
8.The Gunsling
9.Knives and Pens
(note, i can go on forever with these songs. but theres a huge list in my head of best-worst. this only the 1st out of 4th)

Plus, People who only listen to Knives and Pens, and say they're a huge fan... you're not. A huge fan is who actually listens to all of their stuff, and takes a moment to figure out what the song is about. so if you only listen to Knives and Pens, and say you are a huge fan, kill yourself. This is my view about this.

put We Stitch These Wounds on the top of this list. the Very first original version, not the new version.
Old 09-09-2012, 05:27 PM   #26
JoshL1997
Mournless

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristianB
u sir are a ******

one of the only smart people here!!!
Old 09-09-2012, 05:28 PM   #27
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes

Quote:
s.

You're listening to the wrong band and have been brain washed by, what is in reality, a quite clever image and marketing campaign.

If they were really there for the music they'd come up with something far better than bland metalcore.

I wouldn't say anything but you've obviously been duped. They write music and look the way they do because they know that insecure teens will "get it" and buy their albums. How can you not see that?

The Site I Write For / My Soundcloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangMan311
Proving yet again that you consistently have the worst taste on this forum.

Last edited by ChemicalFire : 09-09-2012 at 05:29 PM.
ChemicalFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 05:38 PM   #28
JoshL1997
Mournless

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemicalFire
You're listening to the wrong band and have been brain washed by, what is in reality, a quite clever image and marketing campaign.

If they were really there for the music they'd come up with something far better than bland metalcore.

I wouldn't say anything but you've obviously been duped. They write music and look the way they do because they know that insecure teens will "get it" and buy their albums. How can you not see that?

i have my opinion, and you have yours. if they want to do what they want to do. im okay with that. we dont need people like you to be hating on something you don't agree with. this is the problem... metalheads need to stick together. we are being divided my opinions and people arguing about what music other people like. if you like, oh lets say, Pierce The Veil, im not a fan of them. i just don't like the general sound of them. but im not going to go on every Pierce The Veil thread and hate on them. im going to keep my opinions to myself as best as possible. and i think you should do the same. Unite, not divide.
Old 09-09-2012, 05:40 PM   #29
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes

Quote:
i have my opinion, and you have yours. if they want to do what they want to do. im okay with that. we dont need people like you to be hating on something you don't agree with. this is the problem... metalheads need to stick together. we are being divided my opinions and people arguing about what music other people like. if you like, oh lets say, Pierce The Veil, im not a fan of them. i just don't like the general sound of them. but im not going to go on every Pierce The Veil thread and hate on them. im going to keep my opinions to myself as best as possible. and i think you should do the same. Unite, not divide.

I don't hate the sound, I just care for it.

What I don't like it is that they are manipulating the insecurities of young teens in order to make money whilst making dull music.

And you're falling right into it with the whole "BvB are the saviors of metal and you guys are all haters, you just don't understand them just like people don't understand me" thing. Which is exactly what I'm talking about. It's basically brainwashing and it's one of the key reasons that most people hate BvB and their fans. The music is harmless, their attitude is annoying and pretentious.

Also just as a side note, liking BvB does not make you a metalhead... neither does Pierce the Veil for that matter.

Quote:

Quote:

Last edited by ChemicalFire : 09-09-2012 at 05:44 PM.
Old 09-09-2012, 05:44 PM   #30
JoshL1997
Mournless

Quote:

What I don't like it is that they are manipulating the insecurities of young teens in order to make money whilst making dull music.

And you're falling right into it with the whole "BvB are the saviors of metal and you guys are all haters, you just don't understand them just like people don't understand me" thing. Which is exactly what I'm talking about. It's basically brainwashing.

Like i said that is your opinion, and i respect that. but im not one of those, excuse my language but, scene/emo fags who think that. i personally hate them. i just like the sound and values of their music. once again, my opinion.
Old 09-09-2012, 05:46 PM   #31
JoshL1997
Mournless

Quote:

And you're falling right into it with the whole "BvB are the saviors of metal and you guys are all haters, you just don't understand them just like people don't understand me" thing. Which is exactly what I'm talking about. It's basically brainwashing and it's one of the key reasons that most people hate BvB and their fans. The music is harmless, their attitude is annoying and pretentious.

Also just as a side note, liking BvB does not make you a metalhead... neither does Pierce the Veil for that matter.

comment on your side note... i listen to way more music than bvb btw. plus i make my own music
Old 09-09-2012, 05:47 PM   #32
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes

Quote:
Like i said that is your opinion, and i respect that. but im not one of those, excuse my language but, scene/emo fags who think that. i personally hate them. i just like the sound and values of their music. once again, my opinion.

And if you're not one of those annoying bratty "scene kids" but genuinely just like the music, then I can respect that.

You'd probably be the first though.

Quote:
comment on your side note... i listen to way more music than bvb btw. plus i make my own music

Cool story, bro. You're on a music site, do you think you're the only one who listens to more than one band and writes music? xD But you did use BvB in relation to Metalhead, the implication is pretty clear.

Quote:

Quote:

Last edited by ChemicalFire : 09-09-2012 at 05:51 PM.
Old 09-09-2012, 05:54 PM   #33
JoshL1997
Mournless

Quote:
You also don't know what emo or screamo is, but then again neither do most people who throw those names around like they're some kind of insult.

And if you're not one of those annoying bratty "scene kids" but genuinely just like the music, then I can respect that.

You'd probably be the first though.

Cool story, bro. You're on a music site, do you think you're the only one who listens to more than one band and writes music? xD But you did use BvB in relation to Metalhead, the implication is pretty clear.

yea, i personally dislike scene kids. i was not aware i was on a music site
Old 09-09-2012, 05:54 PM   #34
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes

First as in, the first person who likes BvB but ISN'T a bratty scene kid.

Quote:

Quote:
Old 09-09-2012, 05:58 PM   #35
JoshL1997
Mournless

Quote:
First as in, the first person who likes BvB but ISN'T a bratty scene kid.

haha! thats true!
Old 09-09-2012, 06:04 PM   #36
Saint78
i drop top in my whip bb

Quote:
Entirely subjective, but personally I'd rather listen to my music than their watered down metalcore. The reason they're so popular is because surface level, young teen, scene kids think they're edgy, and that they "get them". Tell me, what kind of person really wants to attract 14 year old girls?

I do.

When you fight with your heart, you're always going to win - DMX
Saint78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:09 PM   #37
EndTheRapture51

Quote:
yea, i personally dislike scene kids. i was not aware i was on a music site

You dislike scene kids?

But Black Veil Brides teach you not to bully and that everyone has a right to be themselves!

Failed fan right here!!
Old 09-09-2012, 06:10 PM   #38
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes

^ Man

I could feel the burn from here.

Quote:

Quote:
Old 09-13-2012, 01:13 PM   #39
purplexing
Rock n' Roll idealist

ChemicalFire, I think you're out of touch with reality. Scene kids barely exist anymore. Also, glam has existed for decades, it's not something BVB invented to make money. I do believe their image is used for their advantage to get bigger, but why is that a bad thing? Other bands that are image conscious are: Bowie, Ozzy, Judas Priest, Queen, Guns n Roses, Slayer, Kiss, Billy idol, Sex pistols, etc. It seems that you're trying to generalize on what type of people listen to BVB with a narrow minded view.

Oh, and unfortunately they are definitely one of the few bands out there keeping rock and metal alive. Because we have forgotten how important image is to Rock n Roll we're letting it become a boring genre. Look at how Deadmau5 is popular. That used to be how Rock n' roll was viewed, something crazy and abnormal.

P.S. I really can't believe I'm defending BVB, their music is meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -[NiL]-
I asked him what tuning he put it in and he replied, "seventh."

Seventh.
purplexing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 03:25 PM   #40
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplexing
ChemicalFire, I think you're out of touch with reality. Scene kids barely exist anymore.

They do, scene kids will always exist, it's just the definition changes subtly, normally it's someone who'll get heavily into a music genre that's deemed edgy, but isn't really a "real" music fan. 5 Years ago a scene kid would of been a big MCR fan... now they're a BvB fan. And if they don't exist... why do I keep meeting them?

Quote:
Also, glam has existed for decades, it's not something BVB invented to make money. I do believe their image is used for their advantage to get bigger, but why is that a bad thing? Other bands that are image conscious are: Bowie, Ozzy, Judas Priest, Queen, Guns n Roses, Slayer, Kiss, Billy idol, Sex pistols, etc. It seems that you're trying to generalize on what type of people listen to BVB with a narrow minded view.

I don't think I ever claimed that BvB invented Glam to make money...

Also if you compare BvB to Bowie, Ozzy and Queen you're completely missing the damn point. They actually wrote songs... they weren't style over substance, they were style WITH substance. All those bands you listed are considered important to music... BvB write Bad Metalcore and write generic lyrics that are manufactured to appeal to "edgy" 15 year olds. And I'm not making judgments on the fans, I'm making a judgement on the band.

You strawman'd hardcore there.

Quote:
Oh, and unfortunately they are definitely one of the few bands out there keeping rock and metal alive.

Well they are in no way metal so...

Quote:
Because we have forgotten how important image is to Rock n Roll we're letting it become a boring genre. Look at how Deadmau5 is popular. That used to be how Rock n' roll was viewed, something crazy and abnormal.

P.S. I really can't believe I'm defending BVB, their music is meh.

Rock N Roll now is pop music. Rock N Roll used to be the big thin, Elvis, The Beatles, not alternative stuff, very main stream.

BvB are NOT the saviors of anything and are in no way doing anything positive for music.

Quote:

Quote:

Last edited by ChemicalFire : 09-13-2012 at 04:09 PM.

Rate This Thread: