Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Modern Rock
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 09-13-2012, 11:02 PM   #41
purplexing
Rock n' Roll idealist
 
purplexing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: New York, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemicalFire
They do, scene kids will always exist, it's just the definition changes subtly, normally it's someone who'll get heavily into a music genre that's deemed edgy, but isn't really a "real" music fan. 5 Years ago a scene kid would of been a big MCR fan... now they're a BvB fan. And if they don't exist... why do I keep meeting them?



I don't think I ever claimed that BvB invented Glam to make money...

Also if you compare BvB to Bowie, Ozzy and Queen you're completely missing the damn point. They actually wrote songs... they weren't style over substance, they were style WITH substance. All those bands you listed are considered important to music... BvB write Bad Metalcore and write generic lyrics that are manufactured to appeal to "edgy" 15 year olds. And I'm not making judgments on the fans, I'm making a judgement on the band.

You strawman'd hardcore there.




Well they are in no way metal so...



Rock N Roll now is pop music. Rock N Roll used to be the big thin, Elvis, The Beatles, not alternative stuff, very main stream.

BvB are NOT the saviors of anything and are in no way doing anything positive for music.



The thing is that you're treating your opinion as fact. You don't like BVB, therefore their music is bad. And since their music is bad, people who like this band must like it because they are dumb teenagers. Is this really your argument? Are your treating something subjective as a factual manner? And metalcore is considered metal whether you want to accept it or not.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDoggDX316
To quote Granddad, "I think ALL marriage should be illegal."


Quote:
Originally Posted by -[NiL]-
I asked him what tuning he put it in and he replied, "seventh."

Seventh.
purplexing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:28 PM   #42
Morphogenesis26
UG Nerd
 
Morphogenesis26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplexing
The thing is that you're treating your opinion as fact. You don't like BVB, therefore their music is bad.


No, he's not doing that. What he s doing, however, is giving reasons as to why he considers their music as having a negative impact on music on a larger scale.

Quote:
And since their music is bad, people who like this band must like it because they are dumb teenagers.


He's making a connection between past trends and how impressionable, young teenagers with low attention spans have loved those just like they love BVB today. The reason that demographic like these bands is generally because they haven't heard much music at all, so the easiest to digest and understand music is what they clench their teeth into.

Quote:
And metalcore is considered metal whether you want to accept it or not.


I'm going to make this simple and clear.

Metalcore: Converge, Shai Hulud, Botch, Coalesce, Earth Crisis, Integrity, etc.

Pop Metal/New Wave Of American Heavy Metal/Whatthe****everyouwannacallit: Trivium, Shadows Fall, All That Remains, Becoming The Archetype, Darkest Hour, As I Lay Dying, etc.

Nu-Metalcore: The Devil Wears Prada, Asking Alexandria, Attack Attack!, and so on and so forth.

The first is not a part of Metal and belongs to Hardcore. The second one is mainstream modern Metal that is easy to take, but still has all the hallmarks of regular ole Metal. The third is basically Pop+Breakdowns.

Now, where do Black Veil Brides fit into this? They're a mix of modern radio rock and the third option. Neither Hardcore, Metalcore, or Metal.
__________________
When life gets tough and you don't know what to do, then just keep






Morphogenesis26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:29 PM   #43
due 07
haaan
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
h8 bvb
due 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:34 PM   #44
Morphogenesis26
UG Nerd
 
Morphogenesis26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Totes in a brotes.
__________________
When life gets tough and you don't know what to do, then just keep






Morphogenesis26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 05:02 PM   #45
JoshL1997
Mournless
 
JoshL1997's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: in a house, in a state
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndTheRapture51
You dislike scene kids?

But Black Veil Brides teach you not to bully and that everyone has a right to be themselves!

Failed fan right here!!

i need to apply cold water to my burn. i don't bully them, i don't associate with them at all. i just said, i dislike them, doesn't mean i rip and hate on them 24/7. yes i would associate with the scene crowd, but im not a fan of them.
__________________
Josh Landvik
JoshL1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 05:14 PM   #46
ChemicalFire
King of Bacon Pancakes
 
ChemicalFire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplexing
The thing is that you're treating your opinion as fact. You don't like BVB, therefore their music is bad.


I think I've said it before in this thread, that I find the music harmless. Sure it's bland and tedious, but it's ultimate harmless and will be forgotten as quickly as it becaome popular. It's the attitudes of the band and the REASON WHY they are popular is the thing I feel is a negative thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplexing
And since their music is bad, people who like this band must like it because they are dumb teenagers. Is this really your argument?


No, my argument is that teenagers who believe they are dark and edgy will cling on to what ever they deem to be dark and edgy. Yet since most people like this are in fact incredibly shallow they gravitate, not towards the difficult to enjoy yet emotionally more honest Skramz, or the dark and brooding world of Doom Metal, but towards really bloody simple and boring Glamcore.

The entire fact that BvB market them selves as some, oft bullied and trodden on by people who don't understand them, entity, just perpetuates the idea that they are some kind of underdog who should be praised. People love the underdog. The perfect candidate for an average BvB would love this idea, as they think they are some sort of stranger, random, alternative person that are just way too different for you to understand and so will empathise... when they are in fact annoying, immature and shallow. By the time they are 18 they probably will of probably gotten over the scene and be listening to top 40 hits.

Now this isn't some big scientific examination, I don't have any control groups. But I have seen it with MCR, which was the BvB for my generation (though I'd argue that MCR actually wrote better songs, were legitimately alternative on the first album and focused far more on music than BvB, who seem to exist to make facebook posts and give interviews about how everyone is so mean to them) and other bands akin to them, and exactly what I'm saying happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplexing
Are your treating something subjective as a factual manner?


I haven't. If I'd said "BvB are bad and awful" without backing my argument up with objective data that doesn't link to my opinion, then you'd be right... but I haven't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplexing
And metalcore is considered metal whether you want to accept it or not.


See Morphs post. BvB aren't really metalcore and I was wrong to call them so. They're basically just Glam with Pedal riffs and a singer who's range is the same as Lemmy's.
__________________
One comes, the rain will always be... And things I am are things that should not be

Music/Soundcloud/8Tracks


Quote:
Originally Posted by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!

Last edited by ChemicalFire : 09-23-2012 at 01:08 PM.
ChemicalFire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 03:35 PM   #47
MetalRock4ever
I just love quoting stuff
 
MetalRock4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: England
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemicalFire
The perfect candidate for an average BvB would love this idea, as they think they are some sort of stranger, random, alternative person that are just way too different for you to understand and so will empathise... when they are in fact annoying, immature and shallow.


Chemical, just let it go. If you don't like BVB don't waste your time. It seems that you are just trying to get everyone to see your point of view and follow it. I refer back to my old argument, who cares if they play to the market. It seems that the only person who does care, is you.
You said those who listen to BVB are immature, etc. That is a very stupid thing to say, even you should know that, with your 'omniscience'. I've checked out your music and you really cannot talk in the way you do at the moment. Let people listen to the music, it's all about the music. If you don't like it, move on. If you do, good for you. Different music affect different people, and not in the way you say. Because I feel that you are one of those people who are immature and annoying all the time, otherwise why else do you keep talking here? to try and get attention? If you are doing this, well done, you succeeded in being the biggest troll I have ever met! Enjoy life...
__________________
"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. Shakespeare - Macbeth
MetalRock4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:16 PM   #48
guiTraphMarLics
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aays
inb4 shitstorm

Since it's going to happen anyways... I would classify all of them as terrible.
Jake Pitts is a decent guitarist and it's all downhill from there.


I would have to agree with this, though I think Jake is more than decent, and the last drummer, Sandra, was amazing. The only song I really like of theirs is Rebel Love Song.
guiTraphMarLics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 04:46 AM   #49
EndTheRapture51
#madbantz
 
EndTheRapture51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: UK
It was funny when the manliest member of their band was the woman.
__________________
#WengerOut
EndTheRapture51 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:02 PM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.