Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 08-09-2012, 02:30 PM   #21
fly135
Cheap Gear Enthusiast

The GDEC 3 plays backing tracks off an SD card. So now you want an amp that you can carry in your backpack? I suggest a MicroCube and an MP3 player for the BT. Plug the MP3 player into the Cube's aux in.
Old 08-09-2012, 02:46 PM   #22
MistaSnowman
Play it LOUD!!!

^Thank you but I'm not looking for an amp, per se. The aforementioned GX, UX1, UX2, and the POD HD Desktop (and similar products like the Boss Micro BR) are what interests me at the moment.
MistaSnowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 04:04 PM   #23
fly135
Cheap Gear Enthusiast

So then you want something portable and the speakers are not an issue? I ask because all those things you just mentioned have no speakers, and your 2nd post was all about needing speakers.

Also, of the things you just mentioned... all of those need a computer except the Pod HD.
Old 08-09-2012, 04:38 PM   #24
MistaSnowman
Play it LOUD!!!

Initially, my laptop speakers were an issue, then it was mentioned that the products above can be used with headphones (and I do have headphones).

My apologies if I confused you as it seems that I'm all over the place with what I'm looking for.

Last edited by MistaSnowman : 08-09-2012 at 04:49 PM.
Old 08-12-2012, 02:09 AM   #25
MistaSnowman
Play it LOUD!!!

Well...yesterday I went to the Central Chicago GC to try out the Boss Micro BR-80 firsthand. Just as I was going to decide on getting the Boss, a used PODxt caught my eye. After trying it out for 20 minutes...I went ahead and bought it. The cost...$125 total! Of course, POD farm is extra but for what I will be using it for...it turned out to be a great purchase!!!
Old 08-12-2012, 09:30 AM   #26
ikey_

interesting move there boss. kinda taking it to the next level for the budget bedroom player.

let me put it this way, aside from the 3-4x price difference, i would much rather have this than a line 6 spider. far more useful, and probably sounds better.

im new to macs, but doesnt garageband have stuff like this where you can import a track or actually record one, add tracks / layers, tempos, backing tracks to solo over etc.

havent actually done anything with it, but it seems pretty cool for free. ive actually heard of people composing finished songs off garage band as a type of gimmic (of course its not going to be as good as a pro mixed track in a studio, but still, the point is garageband made a semi polished song professional level song).
(crybaby, GFS tuner, CMAT Signa Drive, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Xotic EP Boost)
ikey_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 12:08 PM   #27
MistaSnowman
Play it LOUD!!!

The PODxt sounds great and far surpasses my expectations of it. It'll take me a long while to get fully accustomed to what this POD can do, but I'm eager to find out.

I'm not sure about applications like GarageBand, but if it can do that, that would be awesome.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:40 PM   #28
RingoStar23

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistaSnowman
Thank you for the honest opinion, I really appreciate that! Couple of things though...

1) The speakers on the JS8 can't possibly be as bad as the speakers on my laptop (will be replaced sometime in 2013), thus I'd rather bypass the laptop by using the standalone unit.

2) I'm currently ampless other than the amp feature on my Rocksmith (Xbox) video game. Just need to have the ability to practice while my wife is watching TV.

I think the Rocksmith cable is awesome. It looks like it will work with basically all music studio software. It is a pain in the neck to get it set up the first time, but after that it works like a dream! It has great sound quality. The cable is only like $30 and you already have one. Audacity is free so it might be a good software to start with. But Iím sure it will work with pretty much any software. I think a bunch of the amp modeling software programs have a free version also. The cable works great with Audacity and Sony acid music studio, and I have seen guys on the internet say that it works with both Amplitube and Guitar Rig 5 as well as with guitar Rig 4 and a bunch of other programs.
I am a complete beginner. I donít know how to play the guitar yet and I donít even really know how to use the software but I am having a blast recording myself playing guitar! Give it a try cause I bet you will like it.

PS I posted this same reply in several places that looked relevant.

Last edited by RingoStar23 : 10-19-2012 at 11:46 PM.
RingoStar23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:49 PM   #29
311ZOSOVHJH
G G & A - B A B Y

why oh why did you bump this thread?

welcome to UG

but yeah....we don't bump threads like this
Old 10-19-2012, 11:53 PM   #30
bluestratplayer
I wouldn't listen to me

Gtfo ringo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, and deeelay
Vox Time Machine
Crybaby 535Q

Cmatmods.com
bluestratplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 02:05 AM   #31
Cathbard
Grumpy Old Tech

At a gig you can just plug the Pod straight into the desk. I would recommend getting yourself a powered foldback wedge to go with it so you always know you'll be able to hear yourself on stage without annoying the singer by having too much guitar in the PA's foldback mix. Plus if you have a wedge you've effectively got a full guitar amp for jamming.
Randall RM100
Abbey Harmonic II
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
Cathbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 05:48 PM   #32
MistaSnowman
Play it LOUD!!!

Didn't think this thread would be given new life but I sold my PodXT in order to help fund my wife's new bass. I'll probably get something new, either a Pod HD or some type of amp, in January although I'm not sure what I want yet (so many choices).
Old 10-20-2012, 08:03 PM   #33
MistaSnowman
Play it LOUD!!!

My wife's SR300 with my RGA7 (sorry for the pic quality)

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/me...00-my-rga7.html

Rate This Thread: