User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 08-17-2012, 08:47 PM   #61
theogonia777
Professional Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistress_Ibanez
We've never met and you don't know what I look like...

Yeah, because you totally don't have a link with pictures of yourself in your signature. Don't you remember that picture of you that I made during last year's election?

Amd even if I hadn't ever seen pictures, I still would know. O_O

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolmnt
That's right I have a four inch penis.

Now you have no excuse... | On Toni Loomi - Pink Floyd and Jazz
theogonia777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:21 PM   #62
Ippon
Amped

Sign me up!

I'm already doing the Week 5 stuff and would like to do more. This, in addition to daily swims and 6 days a week grappling.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:06 PM   #63
Pan-Tallica
Tengo flujo dulce, nena

I will try the 5K+ stamina. I am trying to get myself up to 10K for an event this fall, but I am having trouble cracking 8.5K. That plus a recent ankle injury is discouraging me a bit. I currently use the Nike running app to track my speed and distance, but I suppose something a bit more structured wouldn't hurt.

D E N V E R B R O N C O S vs. S E A T T L E S E A H A W K S

Last edited by Pan-Tallica : 08-17-2012 at 10:07 PM.
Pan-Tallica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 11:53 PM   #64
N_J_B_B
Nicko.

In.

I've been meaning to add some cardio into my weightlifting schedule.

Stay classy, pit.
N_J_B_B is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 05:38 AM   #65
BlackLuster
Oppan Luster style

I'd give it a go if I weren't as fat as holy hell.

Running and me have never gone together well - cycling is what I do best
BlackLuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 06:41 AM   #66
Mistress_Ibanez

Quote:
Originally Posted by theguitarist

I'm doing it part for general stamina and because I like wearing tight shirts and love-handles suck. Always had slim legs so don't care about that, even though I only wear skinny jeans. I throw about 50 situps/25 pressups before and after the rowing as well though.

With all this, it probably doesn't help that I'm on a baking whim at present and I'm making some kind of bread or pastry every other day (keeps me entertained and the amount I spend on ingredients is less than what I'd spend on pastries for the office anyway.)

That sounds like quite an impressive plan. The baking whim also sounds awesome. I have just got into making rainbow cupcakes, but had to give them all away to other people and start eating healthily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Hart
Lord these podcasts are irritating. I think I'll just stick to the regime but ignore them.

I think they grow on you. How are you going to stick to the regime without them?

Also, does this mean you've completed your first run? Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by theogonia777
Yeah, because you totally don't have a link with pictures of yourself in your signature. Don't you remember that picture of you that I made during last year's election?

Amd even if I hadn't ever seen pictures, I still would know. O_O

1. They're old pictures
2. I got fat since then
3. I don't post pictures of myself where I look fat anyway so you have an unrealistic ideal
4. We probably have different standards for what's acceptable flab-wise
5. There's not really anything you can do about it anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ippon
Sign me up!

I'm already doing the Week 5 stuff and would like to do more. This, in addition to daily swims and 6 days a week grappling.

Sounds like you're already pretty healthy! I'll add your name to the list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pan-Tallica
I will try the 5K+ stamina. I am trying to get myself up to 10K for an event this fall, but I am having trouble cracking 8.5K. That plus a recent ankle injury is discouraging me a bit. I currently use the Nike running app to track my speed and distance, but I suppose something a bit more structured wouldn't hurt.

Great! I haven't even looked at 5k+ yet. I'm a bit scared to I think Name added!

Quote:
Originally Posted by N_J_B_B
In.

I've been meaning to add some cardio into my weightlifting schedule.

Great! Name added. Keep us up to date with your progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLuster
I'd give it a go if I weren't as fat as holy hell.

Running and me have never gone together well - cycling is what I do best

It starts off for a beginner level of fitness so that shouldn't put you off. You could always do it on your bike instead though, to give yourself more structure?

Last edited by Mistress_Ibanez : 08-18-2012 at 06:50 AM.
Mistress_Ibanez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 09:16 AM   #67
theogonia777
Professional Musician

Quote:
1. They're old pictures
2. I got fat since then
3. I don't post pictures of myself where I look fat anyway so you have an unrealistic ideal
4. We probably have different standards for what's acceptable flab-wise
5. There's not really anything you can do about it anyway

Then why don't you take more recent pictures so I can get a more accurate idea? You don't even have to post them, just PM them to me. They don't even have to be nude pictures if you don't want to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolmnt
That's right I have a four inch penis.

Now you have no excuse... | On Toni Loomi - Pink Floyd and Jazz
theogonia777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 10:35 AM   #68
metal4all
Always tripping

I'm in.

Finally some structure to my cardio instead of hopping on the treadmill whenever and plainly running a mile.

Gonna try the first one now.

Edit: Made it 1.7 miles after 20 minutes fairly easily. The walking in between helps keep proper breathing (instead of hyperventilating). Decided to run a little longer after it (to make it over 2 miles total).

Feels good.

-Max Planck
☮∞☯♥

Last edited by metal4all : 08-18-2012 at 11:07 AM.
metal4all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 10:59 AM   #69
Colohue
UG Writer

Would have signed up should this have popped up last year, but then I started caring about my body more and now I can actually do this already.

Facebook Fan Page

Twitter feed

I have the most profile views on UG.
Colohue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 11:41 AM   #70
Brownerz
Freshh Potsss!

I'm up for taking part in this. Summer finishes soon and I'd rather be vaguely healthy than not healthy at all.

- Berthold Auerbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbridge90
Wow, being surrounded by all of these humourless, pussy-whipped virgins is starting to make me sick.

Check out my band!
Brownerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 01:44 PM   #71
_KurtCobain_77
All Praise Lord Emery

I recently started this regime, but then had to take a break due to moving back for school. I'm in.

I'm not going to use the podcast though, I have a stopwatch on my iPhone.

Like gaming? Like podcasts? http://www.dragonscrewgaming.com/
_KurtCobain_77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 01:46 PM   #72
psyks
Pretty thief

I'd totally do this if I wasn't already doing a more intense routine. Although, I would have found this useful a couple of years ago.

I'll sign up, but instead of this workout, I'll double the distances I'm already doing or at least do my exercises twice a day. So per week that would be 2 days of 4km sprint training, 3 days 6km run, and 1 day 20km run.

To our good health.

My Soundcloud
My music, paino, guitar and otherwise - Updated SOMETIMES

DeviantArt
Please watch, fave and comment
psyks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 04:47 PM   #73
necrosis1193
Autonomatonomonapoton

Do I have to download the podcast to do this right? Because it really sounds superfluous and annoying.

Baltimore Orioles: 96-66, 2014 AL Eastern division champions
York Capitals: 5-3
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 world champions, 2014: 5-2
2014 Pick 'Em: 67-38-1
necrosis1193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 04:48 PM   #74
Mistress_Ibanez

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal4all
I'm in.

Finally some structure to my cardio instead of hopping on the treadmill whenever and plainly running a mile.

Gonna try the first one now.

Edit: Made it 1.7 miles after 20 minutes fairly easily. The walking in between helps keep proper breathing (instead of hyperventilating). Decided to run a little longer after it (to make it over 2 miles total).

Feels good.

Sweet!

If you are finding it too easy, you could always skip a week or two and start at a point that you think matches your current level of fitness...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownerz
I'm up for taking part in this. Summer finishes soon and I'd rather be vaguely healthy than not healthy at all.

Cool, added

You notice an increase in fitness right away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by _KurtCobain_77
I recently started this regime, but then had to take a break due to moving back for school. I'm in.

I'm not going to use the podcast though, I have a stopwatch on my iPhone.

Awesome!

I do recommend using the podcasts though, they're pretty funny and keep you motivated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyks
I'd totally do this if I wasn't already doing a more intense routine. Although, I would have found this useful a couple of years ago.

I'll sign up, but instead of this workout, I'll double the distances I'm already doing or at least do my exercises twice a day. So per week that would be 2 days of 4km sprint training, 3 days 6km run, and 1 day 20km run.

To our good health.

Awesome! I'll add your name and you can keep us posted with your progress

There is actually something called 5k+ for people who are already pretty good at running, but I'm definitely not yet so I can't vouch for how good it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by necrosis1193
Do I have to download the podcast to do this right? Because it really sounds superfluous and annoying.

Do it! The podcast is funny. The first time I listened to it I laughed at how silly I felt, I had to keep reminding myself that nobody else could hear it. But actually, once you get over the motivational music and start listening to the verbal instructions, it is really really useful. I know for sure I couldn't run for very long without someone motivating me every few minutes. Laura the podcast woman is still annoying sometimes though - why ask "are you ready for another run?" when the answer is going to be "no, I'm dying!"

Why don't you download the first podcast and see how you get on with it? I seem to remember you're not from the UK - this is something from the NHS that anyone around the world can have for free, don't take that for granted

Last edited by Mistress_Ibanez : 08-18-2012 at 04:56 PM.
Old 08-18-2012, 04:53 PM   #75
necrosis1193
Autonomatonomonapoton

Quote:
I do recommend using the podcasts though, they're pretty funny and keep you motivated.

Hmm...eh, what the hell, I'll see how big they are and if I can fit them on my computer. Sign me up for this - I may not have time soon with school starting back up, but I've been looking for an excuse to get healthy, and this is as good as any.

Baltimore Orioles: 96-66, 2014 AL Eastern division champions
York Capitals: 5-3
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 world champions, 2014: 5-2
2014 Pick 'Em: 67-38-1
necrosis1193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 04:57 PM   #76
Mistress_Ibanez

Quote:
Originally Posted by necrosis1193
Hmm...eh, what the hell, I'll see how big they are and if I can fit them on my computer. Sign me up for this - I may not have time soon with school starting back up, but I've been looking for an excuse to get healthy, and this is as good as any.

Ah, sorry - I was doing a big mega-post and edited my reply to your post in last of all

Yeah I do recommend the podcasts. A lot of US commenters on the NHS website say they find Podcast lady Laura's British accent quite amusing when they run. I suggest you can give it a try, but the timings of each run are in the OP if you can't get on with the podcasts
Old 08-18-2012, 06:43 PM   #77
theguitarist
I closed your thread.

Quote:
That sounds like quite an impressive plan. The baking whim also sounds awesome. I have just got into making rainbow cupcakes, but had to give them all away to other people and start eating healthily

I made brioche and I'm probably going to give most of it away. It came out perfect and I ate two slices, looked at my gut, got annoyed and then got through about 15 minutes on the machine before this heat got to me and tired me out. I shouldn't be sweating like crazy before the workout. Sitting in front of the oven earlier probably didn't help. Managed to rack up a constant paced 2.5 km and only 3 fast periods due to being so exhausted. Should be okay doing it Monday, provided that burn I'm getting in one of my shoulder's is temporary.

I'm making croissants from scratch tomorrow. That won't help matters, lol.

O__o

Goodbye and Good Luck
theguitarist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 06:47 PM   #78
Mistress_Ibanez

Quote:
Originally Posted by theguitarist
made brioche, came out perfect, ate two slices, looked at my gut and got annoyed and then got through about 15 minutes on the machine before this heat got to me and tired me out. I shouldn't be sweating like crazy before the workout. I think sitting in front of the oven didn't help. Managed to rack up a constant paced 2.5 km and only 3 fast periods due to being so exhausted.

Oh yeah, what's all this about a heatwave? Is it really hot in London? It's just been 'normal' here in Bristol today, my car thermometer said 21, but everyone's been on about how hot it is.

Also, that's pretty good considering how hot it allegedly is around your parts. Exercising when it's really hot is the worst

Also, post pics of the croissants!
Old 08-18-2012, 06:48 PM   #79
laid-to-waste
...BlTCH

^incidentally, i'm applying to bristol uni in sept methinks
Old 08-18-2012, 06:52 PM   #80
Mistress_Ibanez

Quote:
Originally Posted by laid-to-waste
^incidentally, i'm applying to bristol uni in sept methinks

Cool, what subject?