Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Misc > Ultimate Guitar Feedback > Mobile Apps Feedback
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 08-18-2012, 12:11 PM   #1
cchristoffel

How do I find my Favorites from my mobile applications on the site?

I have an iPad and iPhone and am having trouble finding the list of favorites on the web.

On a related note, my favorites are sorting strangely, for some reason the "t" songs are broken in two and half are appearing above the "A" songs right now.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
cchristoffel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 06:51 PM   #2
bruce816

Same for me. I"ve got an Android. I'm thinking that "favorites" is a paid-for thing on the apps that doesn't exist on the website.

If I could have sync between the website and my device, I'd gladly sign up to the paid version
bruce816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 03:53 AM   #3
UG Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchristoffel
I have an iPad and iPhone and am having trouble finding the list of favorites on the web.

On a related note, my favorites are sorting strangely, for some reason the "t" songs are broken in two and half are appearing above the "A" songs right now.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Favorites are sorted by artist and title. In selected "By Title" list favorites are displayed according to the title of the song, not the artist. If it is not the case you are referring to you should contact us by opening respective ticket http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/about/contact.htm.
UG Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 03:58 AM   #4
UG Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce816
Same for me. I"ve got an Android. I'm thinking that "favorites" is a paid-for thing on the apps that doesn't exist on the website.

If I could have sync between the website and my device, I'd gladly sign up to the paid version

To sync your favorites on both devices you should have online account at UG.com. Then just go through the following steps:

1. Go to the "Home" screen of your Ultimate Guitar Tabs app on your device.
2. Go to "Account".
3. "Sign In" with your Ultimate-Guitar.com account.
4. When asked "Do you want to synchronize Favorites with your website account?", choose "OK" (Wait until the process is fully completed).

Note: If you already have favorites on your device, the app will ask you to keep them (choose "Keep Tabs" to keep everything you have in your Favorites).

The synchronization button will appear in your Favorites after this procedure. Use it for syncing tabs anytime in the future.
Old 08-23-2012, 05:29 PM   #5
jbakic

I keep getting an Unable to sync at this time message.
jbakic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:17 AM   #6
UG Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbakic
I keep getting an Unable to sync at this time message.

Please try reinstalling your app to fix the issue. Contact us by opening respective ticket http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/about/contact.htm if the reinstallation did not help
Old 08-29-2012, 02:41 PM   #7
pigmoder

I have seen you post this multiple times. Every time you post it, there is a follow up from another UG user stating that the app did not ask if he/she wanted to save existing favorites but instead it wiped out all the favorites on his device! I have seen this brought up for both the iphone and android versions of the app. http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...?t-1537303.html
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...?t-1491297.html

In both instances UG support never responds, yet the same BAD advice keeps being given. Can you please fix this. I have spent years collecting tabs (and their "correct" versions) I would be pissed if I was told to do something from UG support that wiped them all out. Especially after multiple people have told UG that this deletes all their favorites.
pigmoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 02:55 AM   #8
phildy

After I spent ages building a big list of favourite songs, all ready to pack up and go bush with my trusty guitar and NOT annoy anyone, I find I cannot access the favourites unless online. The whole purpose is to be able to play where I have no network!

Anyway, to test, I turned off wireless and found out there were no favourites. When I turned it back on all of my favourites have disappeared!

Before I go back over all that ground again, does this app on the iPad allow for local store of tabs or not? Very frustrating!

Love the site, always ahve, but why should I pay for stuff I can hit print for and have a hard copy?
phildy is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: