Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Misc > Ultimate Guitar Feedback > Mobile Apps Feedback
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 08-26-2012, 09:07 PM   #1
WiKiD

Ultimate Guitar Tabs app - Android - Bugs/Feature requests

Ok, so I'd like to bring to your attention three bugs, but first I'd like to bring up how I use the application and why it's important.

I have more than one Android tablet. Three, actually. All three of them have the UG Tabs application loaded. All three of them are linked to one UG account. This one, to be specific.

I use this app for my band's jam sessions. One tablet goes to my lead singer (Tablet A), another to my guitarist (Tablet B) and one with me (Tablet C), and I also have a laptop open for when we do recordings. The laptop also is logged into the UG website logged into this account.

Ok, so here's the issues:
1) When I add a song as a favorite, I hit 'synchronize' on my tablet (Tablet C). When I hit 'synchroize' on tablets A & B, I am expecting them to be updated with the song from Tablet C.

However, this does NOT work. Tablets A & B need to search for the same song (hoping is the same version of the song) and than add it as a favorite manually. This is a HUGE problem!! As a band, when we work a song this slows us down immensely, and we don't get that much time to practice with our busy lives! Please have resolved ASAP!!

2) Playlists do not synchronize at all!! Just like problem #1, if we want to run through a setlist, we all need to go into each respective tablet, build our own playlist and hope for the best! It should be MUCH simpler! I should be able to build the setlet on my tablet, hit 'synchroize', than on tablets A & B, they just need to hit refresh and we should all be up to date!

3) Adding a song as a favorite on the UG website (on my laptop) does not synchronize it on the tablet. Same problem as #1 and #2 for me.

Please resolve! I am willing to pay a little bit more for this multi-tablet/laptop setup I have going on. If fixed we might actually be able to bring our tablets to our gigs instead of just our practice studio!
Old 08-28-2012, 05:25 AM   #2
UG Support

To get the same favorites on all your tablets and UG account, you should coplete the following steps on all your tablets one by one:

1. Go to the "Home" screen of your Ultimate Guitar Tabs app on your device (Tablet A for example).
2. Go to "Account".
3. "Sign In" with your Ultimate-Guitar.com account.
4. When asked "Do you want to synchronize Favorites with your website account?", choose "OK" (Wait until the process is fully completed).

Note: If you already have favorites on your device, the app will ask you to keep them (choose "Keep Tabs" to keep everything you have in your Favorites).

Then repeat the procedure on other two tablets.

The synchronization button will appear in your Favorites after this procedure. Use it for syncing tabs anytime in the future.

As for syncing playlists, unfortunately there's no such option as of now, it's just in our plans for future updates.
UG Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:10 PM   #3
WiKiD

Quote:
Originally Posted by UG Support
To get the same favorites on all your tablets and UG account, you should coplete the following steps on all your tablets one by one:

1. Go to the "Home" screen of your Ultimate Guitar Tabs app on your device (Tablet A for example).
2. Go to "Account".
3. "Sign In" with your Ultimate-Guitar.com account.
4. When asked "Do you want to synchronize Favorites with your website account?", choose "OK" (Wait until the process is fully completed).

Note: If you already have favorites on your device, the app will ask you to keep them (choose "Keep Tabs" to keep everything you have in your Favorites).

Then repeat the procedure on other two tablets.

The synchronization button will appear in your Favorites after this procedure. Use it for syncing tabs anytime in the future.

As for syncing playlists, unfortunately there's no such option as of now, it's just in our plans for future updates.

Thanks for this, however the 'Synchronize' button did not work on the other two tablets, the main one I used. It only worked when updating my favorites from UG account to my tablet, not the other way around. I probably should have started with that.

Also, this does not provide a good workflow

On Laptop:
- I add a favorite from the UG website on my laptop.

On Tablet, user is on the "Favorites" screen:
- User needs to click on Home
- User needs to click on "Account"
- User needs to click "Sign Out"
- User prompted to Keep Tabs or Clear Favorites
- User needs to retype User Name and Password
- User needs prompted with "Do you want to synchronize Favorites with your website account?" and needs to click 'OK'
- Tablet synchronizes with UG Website account

The tablet part needs to be done three times since I have 3 tablets. This is not good workflow. The part that definitely slows us down is logging off, and reinputting the user name and password. I'd have to have my guys type on the tablet, which I'm none too fond of.

Also not sure why "Do you want to synchronize Favorites with your website account?" is a prompt, I am assuming whenever a user logs in and clicks the synchronize button, they would expect their favorites to be synchronized with all adds/removes/changes.

A better workflow:
On Laptop:
- I add a favorite from the UG website on my laptop.

On Tablet, user is on the "Favorites" screen:
- User clicks on the "..." button
- User clicks "Synchronize" button
- User prompted with a question: "Do you wish to update tablet with 'Adds', 'Updates' and 'Removes' ?"
- User checks their preferences (if they want the Adds, Updates and Removes') and clicks OK.
- Tablet synchronizes with UG Website account

Thanks, let me know if you have any questinos!

Last edited by WiKiD : 08-28-2012 at 06:12 PM.
WiKiD is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: