Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Punk & Ska
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 08-24-2012, 06:32 AM   #1
emoticore
UG Newbie

What are some Punk bands that i should know? Any subgenre.

I already have:

Agent Orange
Agnostic Front
Blink 182
Braid
The Clash
Cro-Mags
Dead Kennedys
The Dead Milkmen
Descendents
Embrace
Forgetters
Get Up Kids
Gray Matter
Green Day
Husker Du
Iconoclasts
Jawbox
Jawbreaker
Jets To Brazil
Jimmy Eat World
Joyce Manor
Less Than Jake
Mineral
Minor Threat
Moss Icon
Nerf Herder
Rancid
Rites Of Spring
Saetia
Samiam
Screeching Weasel
Sex Pistols
Sunny Day Real Estate
Texas Is The Reason
emoticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:35 AM   #2
emoticore
UG Newbie

im mostly looking for thrash/hardcore/skate punk/pop punk bands
emoticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:43 AM   #3
Shyne
Dare To Dream

Go and look on wikipedia at the bands you've just mentioned and then look at their influences. Enjoy their what made them who they are. You don't need a vast collection of bands to show how 'punk' you are. Enjoy the bands you've already found. Chances are you've not immersed yourself in enough of all their music yet.

If you just want other bands; Rise Against, Brand New (Your Favourite Weapon album), New Found Glory, Sugarcult, A.F.I, Bad Religion, NOFX, Burning Airlines.
Shyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:44 AM   #4
Tangerineseeker

Iggy and the stooges
Old 08-24-2012, 06:47 AM   #5
Sundben

Bad Religion and The Misftis (Both with Graves and Danzig).
Sundben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 07:31 AM   #6
one-dead-cop
Banned

The Broadways.
The Chinkees.
Lawrence Arms.

And anyone else associated with Asian Man Records.
one-dead-cop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 07:49 AM   #7
iwannabesedated
King Sombrero

Bad Brains
Bad Religion
Bikini Kill
Black Flag
Buzzcocks
Fugazi
The Germs
The Misfits
Operation Ivy
The Ramones
Reagan Youth
The Stooges
iwannabesedated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:34 AM   #8
SuperBlob
DIRECT HIT!

Latterman, The Ergs, Apologies I Have None.

Billy Raygun.

*sees how I'm decked out with Direct Hit stuff*

...Direct Hit.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:02 AM   #9
█▐▌█▐▌

Personal and the Pizzas
...NIGHT BIRDS!
█▐▌█▐▌ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 12:11 PM   #10
jakesmellspoo
Pervert

you bastard! that's my thing!

The Ergs!
Psyched to Die
Government Warning
Billy Raygun
Dayglo Abortions
Deep Wound
Defect Defect
ALL
For Science
Minutemen
Mischief Brew
Nuclear Santa Claust
Reagan Youth
T.S.O.L.

Night Birds.
It was my first day at a cardboard factory. They told me to remove my piercing. I refused and got sent home with full payment. So my shortest job was 20 minutes.
jakesmellspoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 01:40 PM   #11
█▐▌█▐▌

ESSENTIAL 'alternative', 'crust', 'glam rock', 'hardcore', 'new wave', 'post-punk', and 'punk'

Code:
Adicts Adolescents The Adverts AFI Agnostic Front Alice Cooper Amebix Anal **** Anti Cimex Asocial Axegrinder The B-52's Bad Brains Bad Religion Bare Wires Bauhaus Beck Bérurier Noir Bikini Kill Thee Headcoats Thee Stash Birth of Flower Black Flag Black Lips blink-182 Blondie Boredoms Bratmobile The Breeders Brian Eno Buzzcocks Cabaret Voltaire The Casualties Cat Power Cerebral Ballzy Charles Bronson Cheap Time Choking Victim Christian Death Circle Jerks The Clash Confuse Converge Dropdead The Cramps Crass Crime Crimpshrine Cro-Mags Crossed Out Crucifix Crude SS The Cure D.O.A. D.R.I. The Damned David Bowie Daˇd Dead Boys Dead Kennedys The Dead Milkmen The Death Panels Dee Dee Ramone I.C.L.C. Dee Dee Ramone and the Chinese Dragons Depeche Mode Descendents Destroy All Monsters Devo Dicks The Dictators Dim Stars Discharge Disclose Disfear Disflesh Dishammer The Distillers Doom Downfall Driller Killer Ebba Grön Echo & The Bunnymen Egg Hunt Electric Eels Elton Motello Embrace The Exploding Hearts Exploited The Exploited Extreme Noise Terror The Fall Fang Fifteen First Base The Flaming Lips Flipper Foxboro Hot Tubs Frank Black Free Kitten Fugazi G.I.S.M. Galaxie 500 Gang of Four Gary Glitter Gary Numan Tubeway Army ガセネタ GBH Generation X The Germs GG Allin Gorilla Biscuits Government Detox Government Issue Government Warning Green Day Green River Guided By Voices Happy Birthday Heavy Cream Helium Hellbastard Hole Home Blitz Hunx and His Punx Hüsker Dü i hate myself Iceage Iggy Pop Iggy Pop & James Williamson Infest Iscoracy The Jam Jawbreaker Jay Reatard Jeff The Brotherhood The Jesus Lizard Jets To Brazil JFA Joan Jett Joan Jett and the Blackhearts Joey Ramone Sibling Rivalry Johnny Thunders Johnny Thunders & the Heartbreakers Joy Division Warsaw Joyce Manor Kaaos Killing Joke Leatherface Leftöver Crack The Lookouts Lou Reed Magazine Magrudergrind Man Is the Bastard Marie et les Garēons Mary Timony Maureen Tucker MDC Melt-Banana Métal Urbain The Middle Class Minor Threat Minutemen Mirrors Misfits Mission of Burma Mob 47 Moss Icon Mott The Hoople Mudhoney My Chemical Romance Nation of Ulysses Natural Child Nausea Negative Approach Negativland The Network New Order New York Dolls Nirvana Nobunny NOFX The Normal Nurse With Wound Officer Negative The Offspring The Okmoniks Operation Ivy Orchid The Paperhead Patti Smith Pavement Peach Kelli Pop Pere Ubu Personal and the Pizzas Gary with a Circle Around the A Pinhead Gunpowder Pixies Platinum Disc The Pop Group Post-Modern Sounds Kids Called Crazy The Presidents Of The United States Of America Primal Scream Public Image Ltd. The Queers R.E.M. The Raincoats Ramones Rancid The Silencers Raped Rattus Reagan Youth Reatards Redd Kross Refused The Replacements Richard Hell and the Voidoids The Neon Boys Ride Rites of Spring Jody Harris & Robert Quine Robert Quine and Fred Maher Rocket From the Tombs Roxy Music Royal Trux Rudimentary Peni The Runaways Samhain Sans Feature The Screamers Screeching Weasel Sebadoh Sex Pistols Sham 69 Shitlickers 少年ナイフ Siege Silicon Teens Silver Jews New Radiant Storm King Simply Saucer Siouxsie and the Banshees The Sisters of Mercy Skitsystem Skrewdriver Sleater-Kinney The Slits Sneaky Pinks Soft Cell Sonic Youth Ciccone Youth Sparks Spiritualized The Spits The Stalin State of Alert Stephen Malkmus & The Jicks Stephen Malkmus Stiff Little Fingers Stiv Bators Stray Cats Suicidal Tendencies Suicide Sun City Girls Sunny Day Real Estate Suzi Quatro Swans Sweet Sweet Baby Swell Maps Swing Kids Swirlies Tyrannosaurus Rex Marc Bolan T. Rex T.S.O.L. Talk Talk Talking Heads Teen Idles Television Thee Oh Sees Thomas Function Throbbing Gristle Thurston Moore Tim Armstrong Tom Tom Club Totalitär Tragedy Ty Segall U2 Ultravox! Ultravox The Units The Urinals Randoms The Weirdos Black Randy & the Metrosquad The Deadbeats Eyes The Dils Avengers Rhino 39 The Bags The Alley Cats Howard Werth X James Chance & The Contortions Teenage Jesus And The Jerks Mars D.N.A. Missbrukarna Kurt I Kuvös Product Assar Hidden Industrials Terror Pop Asta Kask Huvudtvätt Nasty Boys DNA Destroy Sune Studs Och Grönlandsrockarna Ernst and the Edsholm Rebels P-Nissarna Krixhjälters S.O.D. Tatuerade Snutkukar Swankers P.M.S. Nyx Negativ Bristles Ab Hjärntvätt Ingron Hutlös R.T.S. Distrust Subway Army Sötlimpa Avskum Discard Von Bųųm D.T.R. S.S.S. Fear of War Existenz Slam Disarm Dom Där Svart Parad Bedrövlerz Raped Teenagers Pöbel Möbel Jerry's Kids The Proletariat Groinoids The F.U.'s Gang Green Decadence The Freeze The Eyes Black Randy The Varukers Violent Femmes Ween Weezer Wesley Willis Wingnut Dishwashers Union Wipers Wire World Against World X-Ray Spex Youth Brigade Youth Of Today The Zeros Zolar X 7Seconds [via copy/paste from itunes by genre]

does not encompass 'rock' therefore excludes most pre-1970 'proto-punk' and 'garage rock'

tl;dr stop now don't waste yr life like us. srsly i am trying to make a point.

Last edited by █▐▌█▐▌ : 08-24-2012 at 01:44 PM.
█▐▌█▐▌ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 01:46 PM   #12
Mr E Meat
Custom User Title

thrash punk?

municipal waste might be right up your alley
Old 08-24-2012, 05:11 PM   #13
Saint78
julian wells

Any and all plan-it-x bands.
Old 08-24-2012, 07:14 PM   #14
SuperBlob