Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 08-25-2012, 02:01 AM   #21
TooktheAtrain
Banned
 
TooktheAtrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Ironic that apple are upon the technology industry the figurative equivalent of the condition that killed Steve Jobs.
TooktheAtrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:02 AM   #22
Dwight.Schrute
Volunteer Sheriff Deputy
 
Dwight.Schrute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Step 1: Get a pool full of liquor
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooktheAtrain
Ironic that apple are upon the technology industry the figurative equivalent of the condition that killed Steve Jobs.

It's ironic that people throw around the word ironic to describe the most nonsensical and random correlations they see in the world.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint78
That's forever imprinted in my brain in Dwight's voice. Seriously.

Voted UG's best threadstarter 2014.
Dwight.Schrute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:04 AM   #23
Dirge Humani
Tyler
 
Dirge Humani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: EXPLOSION
They won the case because Apple was able to prove to the jury that Samsung specifically copied them, despite the fact that the technology had already existed prior.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelfox
One time another student sat at my seat in school and i tried to tell the teacher that it was my seat, but the teacher allowed it to happen.

Yeah, i had a very interesting childhood.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seref
You can see the individual pores on Lara's titty skin.
Dirge Humani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:04 AM   #24
TooktheAtrain
Banned
 
TooktheAtrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight.Schrute
It's ironic that people throw around the word ironic to describe the most nonsensical and random correlations they see in the world.


Nope, apple is a cancer on technological development. When's the last time they did anything progressive? All they do is neatly package mediocre hardware.
TooktheAtrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:04 AM   #25
TheChaz
Scientist Salarian
 
TheChaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by kammy1221
Kudos to apple. Still regret switching from the iPhone to the Galaxy Nexus

Wat. Must be doing it wrong.
TheChaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:05 AM   #26
Thrill-house
Voted UG's Best Guitarist
 
Thrill-house's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
__________________
Quote:
They ain't makin Jews like Jesus anymore
Thrill-house is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:05 AM   #27
Hydra150
UG Spammer
 
Hydra150's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: syndication
Kensai awarded $1bn in damages from macaroni in US court


inb4 lock
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchyFungus
It's in the UG constitution that there has to be a Scot on the team
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichikurosaki
wat no maybe 14 at yougnest

It's a Sein
Hydra150 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:05 AM   #28
kammy1221
Registered User
 
kammy1221's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ontario, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChaz
Wat. Must be doing it wrong.


I might be
kammy1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:07 AM   #29
Cb4rabid
VibraTHORus Rex
 
Cb4rabid's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirge Humani
They won the case because Apple was able to prove to the jury that Samsung specifically copied them, despite the fact that the technology had already existed prior.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/qN6n9.jpg[mg][img]http://i.imgur.com/FJkZE.pngimg]

How much different can this shit be though? Kind of difficult changing the design on something that is already as simplified as you can get.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeSlinger
It's people like you that make this stuff frustrating.


You don't understand this? How about now? Why don't you understand? This is so easy 4y(20x) graph it fggt

#teamLAD
Cb4rabid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:07 AM   #30
Dirge Humani
Tyler
 
Dirge Humani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: EXPLOSION
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cb4rabid
How much different can this shit be though? Kind of difficult changing the design on something that is already as simplified as you can get.

Read the link.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelfox
One time another student sat at my seat in school and i tried to tell the teacher that it was my seat, but the teacher allowed it to happen.

Yeah, i had a very interesting childhood.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seref
You can see the individual pores on Lara's titty skin.
Dirge Humani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:08 AM   #31
brownshirt1
Registered User
 
brownshirt1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
I wonder what kind of phones the jury have.
brownshirt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:08 AM   #32
purplexing
Rock n' Roll idealist
 
purplexing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: New York, NY
Obvious tl;dr bias. Honestly, do you know the jurors personally to accuse them of not knowing shit? Never understood apple or pc fanboys, probably never will.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDoggDX316
To quote Granddad, "I think ALL marriage should be illegal."


Quote:
Originally Posted by -[NiL]-
I asked him what tuning he put it in and he replied, "seventh."

Seventh.
purplexing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:10 AM   #33
Kensai
49ers
 
Kensai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: San Francisco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight.Schrute
But why?


Samsung is a South Korean company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirge Humani
They won the case because Apple was able to prove to the jury that Samsung specifically copied them, despite the fact that the technology had already existed prior.

[im]http://i.imgur.com/qN6n9.jpg[/img][img]http://i.imgur.com/FJkZE.png[/ig]


I get the cables there but the phones aren't similar. Many of the functions in the link are pretty ridiculous as well, you might just as well say Apple stole them from whoever made them first, or made something similar first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplexing
Obvious tl;dr bias. Honestly, do you know the jurors personally to accuse them of not knowing shit? Never understood apple or pc fanboys, probably never will.

It's in the second link...

edit: no it's not... It's from another article I read earlier I'm apparently unable to link to without it getting censored
__________________
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████

Last edited by Kensai : 08-25-2012 at 02:12 AM.
Kensai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:11 AM   #34
Weaponized
Registered User
 
Weaponized's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Wut
__________________
We are here for you
Weaponized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:12 AM   #35
Cb4rabid
VibraTHORus Rex
 
Cb4rabid's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirge Humani
Read the link.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeSlinger
It's people like you that make this stuff frustrating.


You don't understand this? How about now? Why don't you understand? This is so easy 4y(20x) graph it fggt

#teamLAD
Cb4rabid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:14 AM   #36
Dirge Humani
Tyler
 
Dirge Humani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: EXPLOSION
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensai
I get the cables there but the phones aren't similar. Many of the functions in the link are pretty ridiculous as well, you might just as well say Apple stole them from whoever made them first, or made something similar first.

But is there evidence against Apple like there is against Samsung that they deliberately copied them from an existing and competing phone?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelfox
One time another student sat at my seat in school and i tried to tell the teacher that it was my seat, but the teacher allowed it to happen.

Yeah, i had a very interesting childhood.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seref
You can see the individual pores on Lara's titty skin.
Dirge Humani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:16 AM   #37
TheChaz
Scientist Salarian
 
TheChaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensai
Samsung is a South Korean company.

And on top of that, the hearing took place in San Jose, which is all of a 14 minute drive from Apple's headquarters in Cupertino. Not exactly a neutral location.
TheChaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:16 AM   #38
Kensai
49ers
 
Kensai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: San Francisco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirge Humani
But is there evidence against Apple like there is against Samsung that they deliberately copied them from an existing and competing phone?

Apparently yes, some of Apple's wireless technology was copied from Samsung

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChaz
And on top of that, the hearing took place in San Jose, which is all of a 14 minute drive from Apple's headquarters in Cupertino. Not exactly a neutral location.

Oh wow

All the jurors were probably employed by Apple.
__________________
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
Kensai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:18 AM   #39
Kensai
49ers
 
Kensai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: San Francisco
I'll sue you, Macaroni let me just get 9 archaeologist, swedish jurors and we'll settle this thing in court.
__________________
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
Kensai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 02:19 AM   #40
Cb4rabid
VibraTHORus Rex
 
Cb4rabid's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Florida
This is like Mcd suing Burger King on the basis that the whopper is too similar to a quarter pounder. That's how I see this. It is difficult to configure an already simplistic design into something different. In essence, most touch screen phones revolve around a basic black slate design with very minor changes in button layouts.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeSlinger
It's people like you that make this stuff frustrating.


You don't understand this? How about now? Why don't you understand? This is so easy 4y(20x) graph it fggt

#teamLAD
Cb4rabid is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:50 PM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.