Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Metal
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 04-13-2016, 10:33 PM   #1
MHDrunk
It's Always Teatime

Witchmaster

Typically I find blackened thrash to be unoriginal, boring, like you could take 80% of it, file it under 'Aura Noir' and who would know?

On the other hand, it does allow for some of the best metal in modern times. And from this corner comes Poland's Witchmaster playing a ferocious, riff-heavy, sadomasochistic blend at warp speed. I can't get enough of them. Not that you can go wrong with them, but I think their best album is:

MHDrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 03:20 PM   #2
severed-metal
Kvlt of Fvkk

I agree about black thrash. I think the vocals separate from the other black thrash acts. Riffs are good, and they're set up in a way to emphasize dynamical qualities in the music. Solos were really out of place, bordering on pointless. Least favourite part.

I love the vocals. Favourite part. They're simple, stay true to the form, and unique enough not to get stuck in with regular harsh vocals, something more throaty about them. I think there are two vocals if I heard correctly? Both awesome. Very whispy almost. This band could benefit from a synthesizer but I'm gay and want Witchmaster to talk about dragons and stuff.

Whatever song(s) are around the 9 minute mark have the perfect groove to the riffs. Proper headbanging material.

Rate This Thread: