Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Metal
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 04-17-2016, 08:40 PM   #1
Cherry Vulpine
Cute and Fluffy Asshole

Net-Radio Station Recommendations

So ever since getting a new Yamaha receiver with built-in network and internet radio capabilities I've been on the lookout for some good stations. Particularly metal stations.

Personally I find that radio is the best way to discover new artists or genres you would have not otherwise been able to find. Some of my favorite songs and bands I've found completely unexpectedly. Internet radio allows this.

Seemingly most of the metal based stations focus on old-school metal and power metal, or the occasional gem that plays underground death metal or black metal. But as of recent I've been on the lookout for lesser-known modern prog metal and tech death bands which none of these stations seem to cater to.

I've also used Spotify Radio and Pandora and the similar services. They worked for a bit but in the end they always start to play bands and artists I'm already familiar with.

Anyone aware of some really good modern metal net-radio stations? No particular artist or genre (preferrably proggy and techy stuff tho).

Some of my current favs:

Brutal Existance
(former name) Impericon Radio
Metal Arena
Just In Case Prog
Death.fm

In the need of many more, please suggest
Cherry Vulpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 11:34 AM   #2
rg_metal
The Clit Commander

well Death.Fm is really the only one I would suggest but you already know about that one

Quote:
Originally Posted by severed-metal
You can dress a woman slutty, but she's not a slut. Understand?

living inside a drop only to die in an ocean
rg_metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 10:54 PM   #3
P1ayingW1thF1re
A way away from all ways

Two resources of which I am aware are Metalenema and KCUF, but both shows are/were geared towards old school death and black metal.
P1ayingW1thF1re is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: