Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Gear Building & Customizing
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 09-09-2012, 12:05 AM   #1
drjoeshmoe

speaker replacement for Crate V1512

looking for recommendations for a speaker replacement in my newly scored crate V1512 15 watt Class A....It currently has whatever comes stock 12" 16 ohm.

I was thinking maybe a celestion G12M Greenback....I am playing the amp for fun in my bedroom/office so maybe the lower wattage speaker would help.
drjoeshmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 12:10 AM   #2
Kevin Saale
Talks to empty chairs

The wattage of the speaker won't really make a difference, a lower sensitivity speaker will help though. The greenback was what I was going to suggest, but unless you're buying a used one I'd grab one from warehouse speakers, the do celestion clones and I've yet to hear anything bad about them.

I think the greenback is a lower sensitivity speaker as far as standard speakers go, so it ought to suit that amp well.

Quote:
Get three coffins ready.

My mistake, four coffins.
Kevin Saale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:39 AM   #3
drjoeshmoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Saale
The wattage of the speaker won't really make a difference, a lower sensitivity speaker will help though. The greenback was what I was going to suggest, but unless you're buying a used one I'd grab one from warehouse speakers, the do celestion clones and I've yet to hear anything bad about them.

I think the greenback is a lower sensitivity speaker as far as standard speakers go, so it ought to suit that amp well.

thanks for the help, when reading I came across recommendations for the green beret...that's good enough for me.....I ordered one and it is on the way.
drjoeshmoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: