Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Original Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 09-09-2012, 12:35 PM   #1
Jehannum
Registered Abuser

When The Wheel Has Turned - Southern Rock

Jehannum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 02:10 PM   #2
jdenmo

sounds really good man, i like how the acoustic jumps into the electric riff. its a great riff too. the vocals dont seem to match at first, but its not that you have a bad voice, it just seems like you should be yelling. bob seger's voice would be perfect for this song. its good though

what microphone and sound recorder do you use? also, what program to edit? its very clean and crisp. i like it man

c4c? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru....php?p=30094456
jdenmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:24 PM   #3
Kellhus

Vocals are great in my opinion, and the riffs, i like the acoustic riff xD.
Kellhus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 08:13 PM   #4
sbarker12

Great, great song. While I like the vocals in here, I think they'd be better if they were just a little louder, alternatively I think they'd sound pretty awesome if they were done in the style of Tim McIlrath from Rise Against, because I got a slight Rise Against vibe from most of the song, except for between abour 2.30 and 3.00 (my favorite part) where there was a Jack White sound going on in my mind. Best part is between 2.30 and 3.00 in my opinion, followed so I can listen to some of your other stuff as well. Great work.
sbarker12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:15 PM   #5
mikeyjoe

This sounds so much like Cake's Friend is a Four Letter word to me. Obviously, the riffs are different but very similar. I'm sure you're not trying to sound like cake tho.

Anyway, overall it's a good song. The lead guitar line is nice and catchy and the acoustic guitar is great. The rhythm guitar could be a bit brighter.
mikeyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 11:20 AM   #6
vacant_pistol
Nose Picker

Yeah I quite like it too. The way you have the verse sounds quite fresh because it's different with the electric coming in then stopping.

c4c? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1562142

Nevermind.........

Last edited by vacant_pistol : 09-11-2012 at 10:33 AM.
vacant_pistol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 05:49 PM   #7
Tomaz24

When The Wheel Has Turned: Nice acoustic intro, I was disappointed it didnít go in a more organic direction, but the electric riffs are really nice Ė very well produced and played. Mixed very nicely. The acoustic sits very nicely with the electric, as do the vocals, which are good! I like the lyrics as well. Overall, itís a really decent track, definitely nicely polished.

Sorry for being so late with the feedback. (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...45#post30335345)

Rate This Thread: