Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Musician Talk > Bandleading
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 09-16-2012, 04:08 AM   #21
pursuit

Sorry I haven't been keeping up with this thread, a pretty neat opportunity came up for my band. To keep a long story short, my dad talked to a guy, mentioned I was in a band, one thing led to another and we ended up getting to play in his store during a "jazz" (They'd called it jazz, but 99% of people playing were just doing blues, including my band hahaha) festival here, so me and my band-mates have been practicing like crazy because we had to ditch all our songs and just come up with some jams we could extend to like ten minutes each.

So that was tonight and I got home a few hours ago, the whole thing went better than I could have ever anticipated, one of those rare "Our first gig was absolutely perfect" stories, and it ends up factoring into this conversation because one guy who really dug us said there's a bassist at his church our age and he was going to give him my number. Whether that actually comes true, we'll see, but it almost depresses me in a way because we spent so much time looking for a bassist and then to have one just come to us....

...kidding, this is one gift horse that I'm definitely not going to look in the mouth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myfirstpubes
Forreal. Tingle was a baller just trying to make a living. He never gave up on the hustle.
pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:43 PM   #22
TNA

Quote:
Originally Posted by pursuit
Sorry I haven't been keeping up with this thread, a pretty neat opportunity came up for my band. To keep a long story short, my dad talked to a guy, mentioned I was in a band, one thing led to another and we ended up getting to play in his store during a "jazz" (They'd called it jazz, but 99% of people playing were just doing blues, including my band hahaha) festival here, so me and my band-mates have been practicing like crazy because we had to ditch all our songs and just come up with some jams we could extend to like ten minutes each.

So that was tonight and I got home a few hours ago, the whole thing went better than I could have ever anticipated, one of those rare "Our first gig was absolutely perfect" stories, and it ends up factoring into this conversation because one guy who really dug us said there's a bassist at his church our age and he was going to give him my number. Whether that actually comes true, we'll see, but it almost depresses me in a way because we spent so much time looking for a bassist and then to have one just come to us....

...kidding, this is one gift horse that I'm definitely not going to look in the mouth.

In my experience that's usually how you find bass players. Honestly every bass player I've played with was a friend of a friend, and for some reason they never told me they know anyone who plays bass. Glad your first gig was so awesome!
TNA is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: