Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Techniques
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 09-15-2012, 07:42 AM   #21
Anon17

I think that depends actually - Some people enjoy repetitive systematic tasks (see people who spend over 10,000 hours grinding MMOs for example) and I've had times where purely because of motivation I've been able to endure 2 hours of boring grind for about a month and seen a nice improvement off it.

However I completely agree that if it's putting you off practicing then switch up your routine, take a break and/or do something new with the guitar. Most people obviously are going to get bored of anything systematic, myself included =P
Anon17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 10:22 AM   #22
Zaphod_Beeblebr
Shallow and pedantic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon17
I think that depends actually - Some people enjoy repetitive systematic tasks (see people who spend over 10,000 hours grinding MMOs for example) and I've had times where purely because of motivation I've been able to endure 2 hours of boring grind for about a month and seen a nice improvement off it.

However I completely agree that if it's putting you off practicing then switch up your routine, take a break and/or do something new with the guitar. Most people obviously are going to get bored of anything systematic, myself included =P

MMOs are different, they're designed to reward the grind through classical operant conditioning

Rate This Thread: