Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 09-14-2012, 12:17 PM   #1
Metalloy

**** my luck XD

hello guys,
i live in lebanon, the land of expensive guitar pedals and shit, so when you can get some effects from U.S.A with someone coming to lebanon, you just cease the oppurtinity and do it, and so i did.
i got a digitech jamman solo, one spot, hardwire ht-6..

so now i have bunch of pedals, all powered by the one spot excspt for the jamman since it has it's own adapter, so eagerly wanting to try the jamman, i plug it with its adapter, amd i fried the mother****er XD I started cursing my luck, and then i decided to try the one spot instead of the original adapter, and it worked so only the adapter is fried. Now my question is, should i operate a pedal like the jammam wich is really a heavy pedal when it comes to power usage, daisychained with the rest of the pedals? would i face any problem or harm any pedal this way?
worth note, i have a digitech adapter for the RP 150, cant i use it instead of the one provided? knowing that it is a 9volt and has a 1.3 A output, and the jamman only needs 0.3 A

one more thing, is it normal to hear a constant hiss sound when using a one spot? any work around?

thanks guys for yiur help
Metalloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 01:22 PM   #2
LaidBack
Call me Mike

Looks like it can work. Make sure your voltages match up though or else you'll fry other stuff.

i.e., US voltage = ~120V
Lebanon = ???
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
LaidBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 01:54 PM   #3
Metalloy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaidBack
Looks like it can work. Make sure your voltages match up though or else you'll fry other stuff.

i.e., US voltage = ~120V
Lebanon = ???

230v
good thing the one spot is universal
Old 09-14-2012, 03:10 PM   #4
Metalloy

i tried it, and it worked, but the hiss is still there, any help? or should i open a new thread?

Rate This Thread: