Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 09-15-2012, 04:22 AM   #1
joshthepilot
Avid Shoe Wearer

Mesa Lonestar Special - EQ Settings

Hello all. Just a quick question. I'm a professional guitarist playing 3 or so nights a week. Half cover half original. Covers range from ZZTop to The Pixies to Johnny Cash to Nirvana to Modern English to Muddy Waters and everything in between. Originals are in the same vein as Queens Of the Stone Age. My Guitars are a Les Paul Standard, an American Strat and soon I will be picking up a Gretsch G5420 or a G5120. Anyhoo.....my main gigging amp is a Mesa Lonestar Special. I recently performed the "ReederMod" on her and man she sounds sweet. I'm just curious as to what some of you Lonestar Special owners have your eq set to. I use my Les Paul Standard about 99% of the time if that helps. Most of my eq knobs on both channels are pretty much set to 12 o'clock. Also if it helps, I typically have both channels set to 30 watt mode. I get a lot of great sounds out of this amp but I feel like I could be getting more with different eq settings. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
joshthepilot is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: