Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Tabs & Chords
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 09-19-2012, 03:34 AM   #1
Theunknownguest

Talking ITT we post our song and give some constructive criticism. (Post-Rock/Hardcore)

This is my first thread and id like to ask for some of you for your honest criticisms in regards to these finished songs. I just finished tabbing them in hopes of recording them soon with my band. Haven't added drums to them yet but the main ideas are still there, if anyone feels up to it i could use some help to add some, but are not critical to have really .

The style is difficult to explain but i got it marked as Post-Rock/Hardcore, maybe melodic death metal? it's the best I could come up with atm. Let me know what genre this tunes fall under if got a better categorization

Don't forget to post your own ideas if you want some help or input, not very adept at tabbing drums though sorry.
Attached Files
File Type: gp5 Fading Horizon.gp5 (92.6 KB, 108 views)
File Type: gp5 Chocotastic!!.gp5 (49.2 KB, 66 views)
Theunknownguest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:56 AM   #2
frankibo
UG Board King

You've tabbed the first riff in Fading Horizons incorrectly. I'm sure there are other riffs too that should be retabbed.

Also the first riff in the other song. Unless you're planning it to be polymetric once you add the drums, that riff should be in 6/8. Actually most of the song should be in 6/8.
You then move to 4/4 triplets which is odd considering you were writing in 6/8.
There's another triplet riff later which should just be quarter notes at a higher tempo.

Anyway musically, I quite enjoyed most of it. I prefer when songs have drums though.
Attached Files
File Type: gp5 riff 1.gp5 (2.4 KB, 34 views)

Colossus

Last edited by frankibo : 09-19-2012 at 04:06 AM.
frankibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:05 AM   #3
Theunknownguest

Lightbulb

Thanks, ya i just wanted to keep the triplets going, but just raising the tempo seem to do the job too. As you can tell i didn't pay to much attention to time signatures, thus why i didn't tab out the drum. I will definitely revise and try to make our drummers life easier. Much appreciated

Last edited by Theunknownguest : 09-19-2012 at 04:32 AM.
Theunknownguest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:01 PM   #4
amonamarthmetal

you have some nice ideas, but they aren't quite there yet. they need a bit of work and need to be tabbed properly.

Click here if you like arpeggios
amonamarthmetal is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: