Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 09-16-2012, 05:46 PM   #61
shmeegle
Guitarist

I think it's pretty poor in comparison to the rest of their material. I thought Aaron Harrison overdid the drums a little. There was parts i liked, but next to Celestial, Oceanic and Panopticon it doesn't stand a chance.

In my opinion.

Can we still be friends?

Youtube

soundcloud

Last.Fm
shmeegle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 05:48 PM   #62
goest
SJW

Oh yeah, we're totally friends.

Y'all should check out my band Sybassion
goest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 05:48 PM   #63
Ometh
nobody

I have some ideas going, and since we are starting this one early we have time to decide upon them:
1) How about, for this time around, instead of the cover having just a pic + "UG's blablabla", we all create some sort of logo, and then display it on the cover, in order of appearance? That would make it look a bit more like a real split.
2) Physical copies for those who participate, and then make some sort of a contest when we distribute like 10 or 20 for some lucky dudes
3)We have a song where we all collaborate (kind of a stretch, but still sweet )

Last edited by Ometh : 09-16-2012 at 05:49 PM.
Ometh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 05:55 PM   #64
shmeegle
Guitarist

Quote:
Originally Posted by goest
Oh yeah, we're totally friends.

I.... don't.... know if.... hostile.....

I like the logo idea, but that could get VERY messy. A cover with like... 40 logos?

I really like the idea of a physical copy. Maybe a vote on the top 5 tracks or something, and they each get one? Or have an Artwork contest and the best designs get a physical copy with their printed work. So the top 3 designs have a unique copy or something.

The collaboration is a serious stretch!!!! :P Break it up into sections, put 'x' amount of people in each section. I really can't see this working though!

Youtube

soundcloud

Last.Fm
Old 09-16-2012, 06:01 PM   #65
goest
SJW

Was being srs.

Y'all should check out my band Sybassion
goest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:02 PM   #66
shmeegle
Guitarist

kk kewl thx frnd u r owesome

Youtube

soundcloud

Last.Fm
Old 09-16-2012, 06:31 PM   #67
LastBaron
Makin' it juicy since '09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ometh
I have some ideas going, and since we are starting this one early we have time to decide upon them:
1) How about, for this time around, instead of the cover having just a pic + "UG's blablabla", we all create some sort of logo, and then display it on the cover, in order of appearance? That would make it look a bit more like a real split.
2) Physical copies for those who participate, and then make some sort of a contest when we distribute like 10 or 20 for some lucky dudes

i like where youre going with this

0912 879 220
LastBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:40 PM   #68
palm mute
Reserved User

Quote:

1) Ehhhhh I really like the artwork on all of the releases (especially this last one) and I can't see that going over quite as well
2) That'd be cool, but who pays for it
3) Didn't Jon want everyone to join in on a vocal bit for his song on PR3? Something like that would be possible and cool

A chorus of sad birds

every night

Last edited by palm mute : 09-16-2012 at 06:41 PM.
palm mute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:40 PM   #69
thomas666
(antimuon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by goest
Intronaut's Valley of Smoke colliding with recent Cloudkicker and Panopticon/Wavering Radiant ISIS

this > tits

instruments:
oscar schmidt 12-string guitar
schecter omen-8 walnut satin 8-string
ESP alexi 600 blck-ylw
cello
Cort B4FL fretless
thomas666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 07:14 PM   #70
ali.guitarkid7
A techno beat

Quote:

1) I honestly don't see that working well, especially for the techno challenged (i.e. me) who can't design to save their lives.
2) That sounds cool, but I'll probably have to be counted out as I have no way of receiving it
3) I'm down with that. We did that on the Drone album, as most of you regulars here will recall. Ended up sounding sickkk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsmileyface
yeah russia is pretty shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronicuh
This is extremely serious.
ali.guitarkid7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 07:33 PM   #71
Ometh
nobody

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali.guitarkid7
1) I honestly don't see that working well, especially for the techno challenged (i.e. me) who can't design to save their lives.

Maybe that'sm out of the question.
OR
If we do 2), we could do the logo thing on the back cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by palm mute
2) That'd be cool, but who pays for it

Quote:
2) That sounds cool, but I'll probably have to be counted out as I have no way of receiving it

Didn't think about that. I can't really help you guise money wise, unless if it's like with 10/20 euros or so: my mom has radiotherapy treatments to pay + shitload of debts, and I don't want to stress her out. And as of the moment I don't have a job , so yeah.
EDIT: About the receiving bit, I can pay the shipping or wtv, and that's lame ali if you can't receive it
Quote:
3) Didn't Jon want everyone to join in on a vocal bit for his song on PR3? Something like that would be possible and cool

A chorus of sad birds

I can't sing for my life, unless you want me to participate by doing a series of ******ed sounding pig squeals and grunts
Quote:
3) I'm down with that. We did that on the Drone album, as most of you regulars here will recall. Ended up sounding sickkk.

I was thinking something more in the likes of this. If you guys ever participated/checked out one of the collabs over in the T&C subforum, I was thinking of something like that. Maybe I'll do a thread about that, but then there's an issue:
Some regulars over there (frankibo, CheesyMozzarela, Wquenessar (or wtv his nick is spelled like) might want to join in, and what if they don't have any recording equipment?
And who will record the whole thing? Or do we each record each part on our own and end up with a song composed of differently produced bits?

Last edited by Ometh : 09-16-2012 at 07:35 PM.
Old 09-16-2012, 07:44 PM   #72
ali.guitarkid7
A techno beat

Quote:
Maybe that'sm out of the question.
OR
If we do 2), we could do the logo thing on the back cover

On the back cover, hidden under the back cover...not much of a difference really >_>

Quote:
Didn't think about that. I can't really help you guise money wise, unless if it's like with 10/20 euros or so: my mom has radiotherapy treatments to pay + shitload of debts, and I don't want to stress her out. And as of the moment I don't have a job , so yeah.
EDIT: About the receiving bit, I can pay the shipping or wtv, and that's lame ali if you can't receive it

It's not about the cash brah, it's about where it's being mailed to. Remember that I live in a third world country where the wonders of Windows 98 are still being discovered, and walking outdoors/looking for post offices isn't exactly safe

Quote:
I was thinking something more in the likes of this. If you guys ever participated/checked out one of the collabs over in the T&C subforum, I was thinking of something like that. Maybe I'll do a thread about that, but then there's an issue:
Some regulars over there (frankibo, CheesyMozzarela, Wquenessar (or wtv his nick is spelled like) might want to join in, and what if they don't have any recording equipment?
And who will record the whole thing? Or do we each record each part on our own and end up with a song composed of differently produced bits?

As I recall from the Drone album, we had one person lay down a foundation for a whole song and then another person added etc etc (although to be fair, I think there was like 6 or 7 people that contributed to that song) and in the end one guy mixed them all together. It'll be loads harder for this, though.

Quote:

Quote:
Old 09-16-2012, 07:50 PM   #73
Ometh
nobody

Quote:
On the back cover, hidden under the back cover...not much of a difference really >_>

Ehh, nevermind it then.
Quote:
It's not about the cash brah, it's about where it's being mailed to. Remember that I live in a third world country where the wonders of Windows 98 are still being discovered, and walking outdoors/looking for post offices isn't exactly safe :p

Lol I forgot about that. For once I actually feel happy about living in Portugal in it's current state, no offense lol.
Quote:
As I recall from the Drone album, we had one person lay down a foundation for a whole song and then another person added etc etc (although to be fair, I think there was like 6 or 7 people that contributed to that song) and in the end one guy mixed them all together. It'll be loads harder for this, though.

Since it's Post Rock/Metal/Gypsy/Wank we can work with layers aswell. As long as we don't deviate from a main theme it'll be okay, and then it can end up with a huge climax
Old 09-16-2012, 07:56 PM   #74
ali.guitarkid7
A techno beat

Quote:
Ehh, nevermind it then.

Haha I'm just messin'. We could do some hidden sleeve like that if we end up agreeing on 2.

Quote:
Lol I forgot about that. For once I actually feel happy about living in Portugal in it's current state, no offense lol.

Yeah none taken

Quote:
Since it's Post Rock/Metal/Gypsy/Wank we can work with layers aswell.

Yeah, pretty much

Quote:
As long as we don't deviate from a main theme it'll be okay, and then it can end up with a huge climax

Oh hey that's what my ex gir- oh you mean that.

Quote:

Quote:
Old 09-16-2012, 08:30 PM   #75
Jon777
Assbender

Quote:

A chorus of sad birds

Yeah, that would have been cool if we actually went through with that.

I'm down to try it for this album. Anyone else?

~
Jon777 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:51 PM   #76
godisasniper
Shh...I'm making noise!

I'd be totally down for a collab. Also, I've got some non-post-rock stuff I'm working on for the Mimic the French album and some of it is going to require gang vocals. Do any of you guys want to contribute some yelling for that?
Old 09-16-2012, 09:18 PM   #77
Ometh
nobody

^ I could do that, if you don't mind if I record it with a cheap headset (it doesn't sound totally horrible, but yeah). Also, my neighbours will love it
Old 09-16-2012, 09:26 PM   #78
rockfan7
UG's Best Surface Tension

If I have group vocals (which is inevitable) you guys should do some of those.

RIYL: La Dispute, mewithoutYou, Balance & Composure

Best Kept Secret

RIYL: post-rock/pop-rock
rockfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:26 PM   #79
godisasniper
Shh...I'm making noise!

Anything goes. I'll keep you guys posted and let you know if and when it's time for that.
Old 09-16-2012, 09:34 PM   #80
Das_Skittles
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by godisasniper
I'd be totally down for a collab. Also, I've got some non-post-rock stuff I'm working on for the Mimic the French album and some of it is going to require gang vocals. Do any of you guys want to contribute some yelling for that?

Yes please.

Hriday, I think I'll be able to actually contribute to this album. My song for UGPR4 is already written; I just wasn't able to record it. I should be well enough to record this cycle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.
My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
Das_Skittles is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: