Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Modern Rock
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 09-16-2012, 02:12 PM   #1
ThatGuyOnDrugs

I got learners block, I need advice and some new songs to learn.

Last month I was on a steady pace of learning 3 or 4 solos a week but this month I've only learned like 3 all together. I can't play really fast solos yet but I'm close, like I started learning Communication Breakdown by Led Zepplin and I have like 30 seconds. That's a good example of where I am with speed, but I've got mid-tempo solos down like Foxy Lady to like Cliffs of Dover.

Anyway, I feel like I've been learning songs that are a little to fast and songs that arn't quite fast enough I need some songs that'll bridge that gap.

Also I've written solos that are really fast and I can play them fine but when it comes to learning other musicians songs that are just as fast it feels impossible, so that might be the problem. Any advice would be awsome.

I totally ment to put this in Classic Rock not Modern, looks like I'll have another locked thread. The topic set-up on this site is confusing as hell.

Last edited by ThatGuyOnDrugs : 09-16-2012 at 02:28 PM.
ThatGuyOnDrugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:15 AM   #2
CryogenicHusk
wannabe guitarist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuyOnDrugs
Last month I was on a steady pace of learning 3 or 4 solos a week but this month I've only learned like 3 all together. I can't play really fast solos yet but I'm close, like I started learning Communication Breakdown by Led Zepplin and I have like 30 seconds. That's a good example of where I am with speed, but I've got mid-tempo solos down like Foxy Lady to like Cliffs of Dover.

Anyway, I feel like I've been learning songs that are a little to fast and songs that arn't quite fast enough I need some songs that'll bridge that gap.

Also I've written solos that are really fast and I can play them fine but when it comes to learning other musicians songs that are just as fast it feels impossible, so that might be the problem. Any advice would be awsome.

I totally ment to put this in Classic Rock not Modern, looks like I'll have another locked thread. The topic set-up on this site is confusing as hell.

I'm kind of on the same boat. Trying to learn that Communication Breakdown solo, and I'm trying to learn it as cleanly as possible. Going to try some early Black Sabbath solos now. They just look a bit less challenging (I hope I'm right...), and just keep the Led Zep solo in the backburner for a bit.
CryogenicHusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:36 AM   #3
arthur_s

If you want to learn really fast solos and ideas, you need to go threw lessons course. John Petrucci offers really great course called Rock Discipline. There you'll find tons of new tips from warming up to fast lick playing. John shows the playing in the videos and also tabs in .pdf. Lessons you can check on Youtube.
Trust me, doing this course for couple of months will improve your speed and accurateness. Also these examples show many new lick ideas
arthur_s is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: