Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 09-17-2012, 11:16 AM   #1
AndyZ

Question Your most painful experiences

No not emotionally, but physically. Have your ever broken bones or gotten deep wounds? What are the most painful injuries/experiences you have had?

I went to a dentist a couple of days ago to get my broken tooth fixed and he had this massive needle for anesthesia. He had to use a very big needle, because the gums are pretty tough and he needed to stick it really deep in to the root of the tooth (almost the whole tooth needed to get replaced). So he slowly started penetrating the gum with this big needle and I experienced massive bursts of pain as he hit many nerves on the way. Local anesthesia usually doesn't hurt much, but this time it was VERY painful. It was almost impossible to stay still. Definitely the most painful experience in my life, even though I have had some pretty big wounds sometimes.
AndyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:20 AM   #2
Burgery
scatterbrain

i didnt think you were talking about emotionall painful experiences

why did you think i thought you were talking about emotional pain
Old 09-17-2012, 11:21 AM   #3
AndyZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgery

Because UG is full of emos
AndyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:22 AM   #4
adamgur96
Not caring no more

Location: On a Small Ugly Rock In Space, Surrounded By Over 7,000,000,000 Ignorant Cunts And Retąrds....... Status: If I Just Posted This Then I Probably Have Too Much Spare Time.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgery

idk, maybe TS is very feminine.....
Old 09-17-2012, 11:22 AM   #5
rabidguitarist
Ethnomusicologist

I was on holiday with my family when I was about 15, we were up a huge mountain in Andorra. There were these huge boulders on the edge of this cliff that I thought would be really fun to jump between.

I misjudged one of the jumps and landed on my shins, and it grazed my leg all the way down to the bone. It makes me feel sick to think about it now. It wasn't a huge wound but it was deep- I could see the rough white surface of the bone and I tried touching it and almost fainted.

It had taken so long to get up the mountain and we were almost at the top, so I didn't want to ruin it- I just pulled my shorts down over it and tried to ignore the pain.
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
rabidguitarist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:24 AM   #6
Trowzaa
Banned

I've got a boxers break, that was pretty painful.

Then there was like a paper cutting template in graphics back in secondary school, it was like foam with razor blades hidden in it. Now, I didn't know that, some guy told me to punch it repeatadly, so I did. Blood poured everywhere, I could see my muscle once the bleeding had stopped and yeah, pretty ****ing painful. Now I've just got a weird scar there.
Trowzaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:25 AM   #7
entity0009
UG's Null.

I was crucified by my testicles
entity0009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:27 AM   #8
adamgur96
Not caring no more

Location: On a Small Ugly Rock In Space, Surrounded By Over 7,000,000,000 Ignorant Cunts And Retąrds....... Status: If I Just Posted This Then I Probably Have Too Much Spare Time.....
I got kicked in the balls by my ex-gf's dad, that hurt for like 3 days....
Old 09-17-2012, 11:27 AM   #9
JustRooster
Organ Donor

Fractured my pelvis skateboarding.

BUCKY
JustRooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:30 AM   #10
Kensai
49ers

Ran into a plank at full speed when I was a kid, it hit me straight in the eye and knocked me down to the ground. Had to go to the hospital and stuff.
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
Kensai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:30 AM   #11
frankv
Her?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamgur96
I got kicked in the balls by my ex-gf's dad, that hurt for like 3 days....

Now I think we really need to know the story behind this. What did you do, TS! o.0
frankv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:32 AM   #12
BoyLilikoi

I've blown out my knees 3 times, requiring surgery each time. The worst was probably the skateboarding accident where my knee locked instead of bending forward to absorb the impact. As a result my knee went backwards. Hurt like crazy, tore my ACL and MCL, and makes me want to puke to this day thinking about that feeling. It was HORRIBLE!
BoyLilikoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:35 AM   #13
BoyLilikoi

Oh and I broke my toe this summer. I was running with my dog at the park and there happened to be a broken up cinder block in tall grass that I didn't see. I was running in sandals at full speed and just kicked the crap out of it. Had a huge gash on my toe and knee after I fell, not to mention my big toe was sideways. Very very painful.
BoyLilikoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:36 AM   #14
Horsedick.MPEG
Dot MPEG

One time I had testicular torsion. It was a cold cold night and I was chilling in my bed under the electric blanket all nice and toasty. I had the urge to take a piss and then I jumped out of my bed. I then had this sharp pain in my crotch and it was worse than anything I have ever felt before.

I was quickly rushed to the hospital and according to the story, the doctor figured I had testicular torsion and checked my nut with an ultrasound to make sure. They said that they could either manually put my nut back in place, or surgically do it. I chose surgically since it has a 90% success rate.

Luckily they fixed my nut within the 6 hour limit, because if they didn't fix it, I would be missing a nut

Basically it seems like the cause was that I was nice and toasty under the blankets and my nuts and sack were "hanging down" and when I came out of bed, the huge temperature spike when my nuts contracted caused my nut to get twisted.

Needless to say, I always get out of bed slowly now
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Horsedick.MPEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:37 AM   #15
adamgur96
Not caring no more

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankv
Now I think we really need to know the story behind this. What did you do, TS! o.0

Not much to tell, we wanted to have sex and he caught us in the middle......

Being a over protective religious father he did what he did..... that son of a bitch!
Old 09-17-2012, 11:37 AM   #16
Kensai
49ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsedick.MPEG
One time I had testicular torsion. It was a cold cold night and I was chilling in my bed under the electric blanket all nice and toasty. I had the urge to take a piss and then I jumped out of my bed. I then had this sharp pain in my crotch and it was worse than anything I have ever felt before.

I was quickly rushed to the hospital and according to the story, the doctor figured I had testicular torsion and checked my nut with an ultrasound to make sure. They said that they could either manually put my nut back in place, or surgically do it. I chose surgically since it has a 90% success rate.

Luckily they fixed my nut within the 6 hour limit, because if they didn't fix it, I would be missing a nut

Basically it seems like the cause was that I was nice and toasty under the blankets and my nuts and sack were "hanging down" and when I came out of bed, the huge temperature spike when my nuts contracted caused my nut to get twisted.

Needless to say, I always get out of bed slowly now

Uh... how would one put it back to place "manually"...? And what's the success rate on that?
██████████████████████████
Kensai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:38 AM   #17
Momentosis
Defiler

┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylerjames13
you suck their dicks and make them feel good so that they don't rage

>﹏<
Watch me play games.
(۳ ˚Д˚)۳
>jay
Momentosis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:39 AM   #18
ExDementia
UG Freak

When my appendix burst. Hurt worse than breaking my wrist, my hand, my ankle, and stepping on a rusty nail through to my heel bone.

I was 15, had a crazy bad stomach ache (so I thought) and was trying to sleep. Then, all I remember is waking up clutching my stomach, curled up in a ball. I couldn't move for hours until my mom came in the next morning to get me up for school and found me. I couldn't talk, only short whispers. I couldn't move, I couldn't cry, I had to be carried out to the car to be taken to the hospital.

Then the bastards wouldn't operate on me at that hospital because they said the childrens hospital needed to do it for some reason. So I waited there for most of the day, then was ambulanced over to the childrens hospital where I they finally did my operation the next ****ing day. The doctor told my mom that if they waited another day I would have died (thanks, assholes at the first hospital). They also told me that almost no one waits until their appendicitis got so bad that their appendix actually burst. So then I felt like an idiot for just thinking it was just a bad stomach ache.

I was unconcious for a full week and couldn't even ****ing walk for another week after that. Even then it was with a walker and only to the end of the room, then the hallway, then to the end of the hallway, then to the cafeteria, etc. The whole time I was thinking "I remember learning in class that your appendix doesn't even really do anything! How the hell did it cripple me and almost kill me?

To top it off, when I got home 3 weeks later, my 3 year old German Shepard was so excited to see me again, he jumped up on me and re-opened my stitches from the tube they decided to have in my abdomen the entire time.

I'm not sure if I'll top that one.
ExDementia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:40 AM   #19
Arby911
Finding the Pattern

Kidney Stones.

No other pain I've had even comes close...and I've been shot, broken bones, come off of motorcycles on dirt and pavement, been kicked by cows, goats and horses, etc...
Old 09-17-2012, 11:51 AM   #20
Horsedick.MPEG
Dot MPEG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensai
Uh... how would one put it back to place "manually"...? And what's the success rate on that?

Basically the guy plays with your nut, and tries to twist it back in place, hopefully in the right direction. The doctor told me that the success rate of doing it manually is not known with confidence.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Horsedick.MPEG is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: