you know what

i did not like the first one at all

i got it, it was cool for a few hours, but then it was just boring

but this looks fucking awesome
Primus2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:36 PM   #22
stratman_13
16 ****IN STRENGTH

I will add everyone when I get off work. I've only played like 30 minutes. .

Zer0 to me just had the most interesting skill paths

I can stumble drunk over hope and love, or I could just keep drinking until I sober up.

--
stratman_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:46 PM   #23
captaincrunk
See, I Got News for You.

Add a list of steam/PSN/etc usernames to the OP.

captaincrunk - Crunk_Captain on steam
#15 in the 2012 top 100
#23 in the 2010 top 100

NEW UG ALBUM! GET UG ELECTRONIC ALBUM: DISC THREE TODAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by element4433
I respect crunk.
captaincrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:11 AM   #24
metacarpi
Too old for this ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackalUK
Happened to me as well, I turned the AA down a little and made sure physX was on it's lowest setting and it runs like a charm now.

That's what I did, but I think I dialled down a few other options just to make sure. I'll crank 'em back up and see what happens. If it's stuttering and what have you I'm going to be pissed.

Watching: Trailer Park Boys
Listening: Primus - Pork Soda
Playing: Destiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeless-john
I am not a bot but I do think this is the perfect opportunity for you to consider our wide range of luxury designer kitchens.
metacarpi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:18 AM   #25
Weaponized

Computer can't run it :,(

last.fm
Weaponized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 03:56 AM   #26
R. Shackleford.
The North Remembers

Awesome game is awesome. Playing as Zer0 currently level 12 gonna go for stealth and melee skill tree since that one seems the most badass. The last skill on the right is to deploy another hologram and add time to your invisibilty after killing an enemy with melee which can be repeated as many times as there are enemies to kill. Combine that with the skill that makes all your holograms explode and deal shock damage after coming out of stealth and I'll be taking out entire enemy camps without ever being seen.

Flippin Tables
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

PSN: Chuche_02
R. Shackleford. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:11 AM   #27
yellowfrizbee
UG's Conversation Analyst

Just got done playing it for nearly 5 hours straight with my best friend ! Good ol classic couch co-op style. Way too god damn fun. Im the Commando class

Stepco's Master
|MakinLattes for President!|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
yellowfrizbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:14 AM   #28
metacarpi
Too old for this ****

I played a bit of Coop last night with Jackal UK - it was a little stuttery but that's probably because we're both playing through VPN's in order to actually be able to play it!

Watching: Trailer Park Boys
Listening: Primus - Pork Soda
Playing: Destiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeless-john
I am not a bot but I do think this is the perfect opportunity for you to consider our wide range of luxury designer kitchens.
metacarpi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:42 AM   #29
JackalUK
ERANU

I forgot about that after I exited and was wondering why youtube was slow as shit. Once I sorted the fps dump from too much shit going on with FULL GRAPHICS OVERLOAD problem it ran ok apart from the occasional lag jump here and there. Should be sweet on friday when I can play it normally.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:53 PM   #30
stratman_13
16 ****IN STRENGTH

SO MUCH LAG ON CONSOLE CO-OP WITH A BUNCH OF CRAP ON THE SCREEN. Holy crap. I can't even believe it. Game like literally froze-chug with 8 bullymongs on screen.... How did I ever play on consoles.

Also I officially cannot aim with a controller anymore

I can stumble drunk over hope and love, or I could just keep drinking until I sober up.

--
Old 09-19-2012, 02:04 PM   #31
jeremessmore
THE CLAAAAW!

I got this shot gun called the "Quick Loader Room Clearer" It's easily my favorite gun right now, only because I haven't had a chance to get any worth while snipers
jeremessmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:08 PM   #32
stratman_13
16 ****IN STRENGTH

The ones me and my friend got from Hammerlock lasted us until level 12 or so.

I'm still only a level 3 on my real game on my computer.... I need to play it but I'm just gonna wait till I'm done with class today because otherwise I'lljust start playing and skip it. Definitely playing until 4 when I get home though

Is it just me or are sniper rifles really scarce this go round?

--
Old 09-19-2012, 02:08 PM   #33
institutions
i ply base

Got it yesterday and my cousin and I co-op'd for 6.5 hours.

I'm a level 12 Siren atm and I gotta say, this game is so much better than the first already.

Really love so many things about it. The new minimap, the bigger variation in gun aesthetics, dat tediore exploding reloading throwing thing, the new enemies with more advanced AI, etc.

So good.

=^● ⋏ ●^=
my anime list! | steam! | last.fm!
playing: nba 2k15, rocksmith 2014
institutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:11 PM   #34
ExDementia
UG Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratman_13
SO MUCH LAG ON CONSOLE CO-OP WITH A BUNCH OF CRAP ON THE SCREEN. Holy crap. I can't even believe it. Game like literally froze-chug with 8 bullymongs on screen.... How did I ever play on consoles.

Also I officially cannot aim with a controller anymore

Damn. I'm glad I got it for PC then. I'm only just above the minimum requirements and I can run it maxed @ 1080p. I'm really impressed, I thought I was going to have to play it on low settings like I have to do with Tribes Ascend.
ExDementia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:12 PM   #35
Todd Hart
Do Sadists go to Hell?

*sits around twiddling thumbs till UK release*

**** you guys!

Edit: Why does everyone like Zero? He looks queer. It's like Mordecai in the first game; for some reason everyone loved to play the character with a gimp mask.

Last edited by Todd Hart : 09-19-2012 at 02:25 PM.
Todd Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:18 PM   #36
WhiskeyFace
:^)

Hasn't come out here yet.

I was the most badass Siren of all time in the first game but they seem to have weakened this one quite a bit. I'll probably still go Siren (because my friend is picking Zer0) but I hope she's not shit
WhiskeyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:22 PM   #37
edgeyyz
I take out the trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by institutions
minimap

So good.

Yes. My biggest gripe with the first game was constantly having to open the menu to check the map, this makes everything flow better. I'm Zer0, level 12 right now, and loving his skillz.
Old 09-19-2012, 02:27 PM   #38
stratman_13
16 ****IN STRENGTH

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyFace
Hasn't come out here yet.

I was the most badass Siren of all time in the first game but they seem to have weakened this one quite a bit. I'll probably still go Siren (because my friend is picking Zer0) but I hope she's not shit

Maya and Phase lock are actually ridiculously useful. They did some major balancing between classes this time. Maya and Zer0 also work super well together.

Boss fight? Phase lock boss for a few seconds, wipe out some distracting minions while your high crit (as Zer0) friend does work on the boss. When phase lock is up, friend uses Zer0s hologram to distract and deal damage while he back stabs a few guys and Maya goes to town on boss. Since she's faster she can keep him moving until she can phase lock again.

Rinse and repeat. Ridiculously powerful combo right there.

But the balancing is what makes it so good this time around. You don't have one supremely OP class dominating everything like in Borderlands1 (I'm looking at you Lilith ). They all mesh very well and are all capable of contributing equally.

ExDementia: Yeah PC is definitely the way to go. No questions. I didn't even consider it on console . Noe if only Naughty Dog would put Uncharted on the PC.... Dat engine on a great gpu

--

Last edited by stratman_13 : 09-19-2012 at 02:31 PM.
Old 09-19-2012, 02:36 PM   #39
ExDementia
UG Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Hart
Edit: Why does everyone like Zero? He looks queer. It's like Mordecai in the first game; for some reason everyone loved to play the character with a gimp mask.

Who cares what he looks like. How often do you see your own character? It's about his specialty. That's what everyone wants.
ExDementia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 02:44 PM   #40
stratman_13
16 ****IN STRENGTH

Because its finally a useful assassin class? Mordecai was my favorite in Borderlands 1 for two reasons:
1) Dropping an enemey from hundreds if yards away and watching his head explode never gets old
2) Trespass was the most useful skill EVER for combat. Seriously. Bullets ignore 100% of shields? Yes please.

Everything else about the class aside from the revolver specialties though was a joke. Now the people who like stealth and assassin character types actually have a useful skill tree to build off of instead of two or three perks.Sure a lot of people are using him because he looks cool but some of us are actually glad we have a useful long range and stealth/meelee tree that's able to contribute to the team.

--

Rate This Thread: