Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Original Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 09-22-2012, 09:39 AM   #1
OnlyAshesRemain

The Citadel - Original Metal Instrumental

Thanks!

OnlyAshesRemain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:28 AM   #2
MetalCommand
Disappear to Infinity

Very brutal right from the outset! Really tight playing as well, and cool riffs. Guitar tone is nice. Drums have a heavy/compressed sound which is good for this music, although I think they are little high in the mix. The more melodic part at 2:35 gives a nice change of pace, before going back to heavier stuff. Yeah so overall I really like it, good work!

Oh and is that an ESP M100-FM you're playing, it looks just like mine!

C4C?
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1564187
MetalCommand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:51 PM   #3
Splitvision

I liked this more than I thought I would! It had more melodic riffs than I expected and I really appreciate that. Many nice ideas. The part at 2:35 is a nice contrast as mentioned by MetalCommand, though the first 10-12 notes of that lead reminded me a little too much of the opening melody in Iron Maidens "Long distance runner", shame as it is a really nice melody :p Overall a nice composition!

I'm not a fan of the sound that "this genre" usually advocates that is really thin and thick at the same time with lots of compression, but then again it's kinda fitting for this style.

C4C?
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1564470
Splitvision is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: