Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Techniques
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 09-20-2012, 04:08 PM   #1
Austin174

Question Need Guidance(spelling)?

I've been fond of All Shall Perish's lead Guitar player(Francesco Artusato), I was wondering if you guy's know of anything that can help me to be able to play at that level of guitar.

Where should I begin to start if I want to be able to play as good as him, what technique's should I be looking at to improve?
Peavey 6505+ 112

Last edited by Austin174 : 09-20-2012 at 04:10 PM.
Austin174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:36 AM   #2
Austin174

Anyone?
Peavey 6505+ 112
Old 09-21-2012, 01:04 PM   #3
Sleepy__Head
A cornucopia of trivia

What kind of thing are you able to play now?

A quick look at some of his tutorial videos on YouTube indicates that he doesn't use any technique that's completely out of the ordinary:

Sweeping
Tremolo
Alternate picking
String skipping
Hammer-ons
Pull-offs
Tapping

Have you tried learning any of his solos?
Sleepy__Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:25 PM   #4
Austin174

I can play bit's and piece's of some ASP an PWD song's. I'm just now getting serious in learning song's all the way through.

Recently I been learning The Last Relapse by ASP, an my finger's are still grassping(spelling) the fingering of how the solo goes or is composed.

Do you know some good video's of those technique's that you posted, also what scale's should I be learning that he incorporate's into his music?
Peavey 6505+ 112
Old 09-21-2012, 10:37 PM   #5
vayne92
UG's Fedora Enthusiast

If you wanna play at his level then there's no shortcuts. Only time. You have many years work ahead of you. Simple as that.
vayne92 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 01:02 AM   #6
Austin174

Quote:
Originally Posted by vayne92
If you wanna play at his level then there's no shortcuts. Only time. You have many years work ahead of you. Simple as that.

Oh I know there is no shortcuts to being as good as him. I'm just asking or wanting to know where to begin this journey.

I seen them live a few day's ago an it has given me the motivation to really work hard to be as good as him. I just need a starting place an then I can take it 1 step at a time.
Peavey 6505+ 112

Last edited by Austin174 : 09-22-2012 at 01:03 AM. Reason: Grammar
Old 09-22-2012, 02:20 AM   #7
Sleepy__Head
A cornucopia of trivia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin174
I can play bit's and piece's of some ASP an PWD song's. I'm just now getting serious in learning song's all the way through.

Recently I been learning The Last Relapse by ASP, an my finger's are still grassping(spelling) the fingering of how the solo goes or is composed.

Do you know some good video's of those technique's that you posted, also what scale's should I be learning that he incorporate's into his music?

Search YouTube and you'll get a ton of videos on all those techniques. Work your way through them. I'm not going to post you specific links because what helps me might not help you.

There's also a ton of exercises on (TheShred201) Exercises\Songs for Technique thread. Again just work your way through them. If you don't have GuitarPro you can use TuxGuitar (like it says on the thread).

If you find you're getting stuck with the YT vids, or the exercises and you're struggling to get help online maybe consider getting a teacher. A decent teacher should be able to pick up on what you're doing wrong or right far more quickly and efficiently than you trying to analyse your own technique.

Scales-wise I'm not sure what he incorporates, and to be honest I'm not sure that would do you much good anyway. You'd be better off finding some tabbed versions of his solos, working your way through them and asking specific questions related to specific bits of solo if you get stuck working out what he's doing.

PS: If you're having trouble with spelling try a dictionary.

PPS: It's spelled "grasping".
Sleepy__Head is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: