Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 09-24-2012, 12:46 AM   #21
Ippon
Amped

I rarely use my old man's gear but there I was, ready to piss like a horse; so, I prop a Gibson R9 against the tile wall and let loose. The guitar slides off and smacks the floor.

It survived like a boss, no break or the slightest scratch, because it's a fucking Gibson CS. My nerves had some accidental damage but I recovered immediately, like a boss.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:45 AM   #22
Controlpanel
qɐuuǝp

that would scare me so bad.

I also knew a dude who threw his roomate's guitar out a 2 story window...and LTD AX-360. Headstock broke off, but other than that, it was fine.
Originally Posted by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
Controlpanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:14 AM   #23
ExDementia
UG Freak

I have some long ones. Both of mine include my drunken idiot cousin. We shared a room for about 7-8 years until I finished highschool and got the **** out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This was my Sophmore year in highschool, my cousin is about 3 years older than me. First, I'm sitting in our room, playing my uncles crazy nice Ovation Adamas (I'm cringing already) acoustic that he left over for the weekend while he was away. My cousin decides he feels like sleeping at 5:00pm, so he comes in, turns out the light and tells me to STFU.

I was pissed because he's being such a prick about it, so I turn on my lamp and continue playing. He yells at me to "stop ****ing playing," so I play even louder. He picks up some change off of his night stand and starts chucking quarters and dimes at me, one of them hits the body of the guitar and chips it right on the binding. I yell at him to stop and that he chipped the guitar, he says it was my fault and chucks a quarter right at my eye. I'm furious at this point.

I prop the guitar up against my bed, grab the closest thing to me, which was a guitar tuner, and chuck it as hard as I can at his face. He leaps up and tackles me (he wrestled all through school), and we roll around exchanging punches. I finally get him off of me, we stand up, and he tackles me again, INTO THE MOTHER****ING $2000 Adamas and it just gets crushed. The top caves in completely, leaving only the neck and the plastic shell in tact. Then we fought for another 10 minutes or so until we were both bloody and tired, and I call my mom to tell her what happened.

We went and bought him a new Adamas of the same model, and told my uncle when he came back. He wasn't even pissed, he just laughed about it. Meanwhile, my cousin and I had to fork over every paycheck we had for a few months to pay off the guitar. I was so mad I didn't even acknowledge his existence for months.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fast forward to my Junior year, our house had become the party spot because our parents went to bed so early every night. It was a regular night with 4-5 dudes in my ****ing room, hot boxing the place and getting drunk. Even though half of them were my friends, it got really old really fast. I hated it.

I come in, say whats up, and grab a beer (if you can't beat em, join em). My deeply inebriated cousin tells me that he doesn't know who (bullshit), but someone dropped my Schecter C-1 Classic. As soon as he tells me, everyone starts cracking up. I'm ****ing pissed. I walk over, pick it up and find a dent and a few scratches on the bottom, and a small chip in the head stock. What ever. Nothing I can do about it now, so I take it and the guitar stand and put it down stairs next to the computer in the family room.

Eventually everyone makes there way downstairs because the munchies had set in. They grab food and all take a seat in the family room. My stumbling, idiot cousin comes over and asks (in heavily slurred words) if my guitar is "all cool brah?" I tell him its a bit scratched, theres a dent in the bottom, and a small chip in the headstock, and tell him that he's a ****ing douche bag for letting everyone **** around with my $1000 guitar. He tells me that I need to "chill the **** out bro" and his stupid stoner friends say that "Its not that bad dude, I can't even see the scratches.

My cousin says "yeah, look, you can't even see them." As he's reaching for the guitar, he forgot he had a drink in his hand, drops it, fumbles with the glass while he tries to catch it and spills his screwdriver all over my. Mother****ing. Guitar. He takes off his shirt and tries to wipe off the guitar, but instead knocks it over, letting hit fall face first onto the tile floor. I rush over, pickup the guitar, and find a chip in the maple cap, and a small crack along the neck under the fret board at about the 5th or 6th fret. The crack went under the binding and split that too. I was so mad I was shaking. I put the guitar down flat on the couch and tackle my cousin into the entertainment center, shattering the glass on one of the doors. We roll around on the floor for a bit, and since he's so drunk, I easily get off some really satisfying punches until the other guys pull me off. My mom comes out of her room and starts screaming. There's another month or so out of both of our paychecks paying for a new entertainment center.

The next morning when my cousin remembers what happened (his version of it, where he was totally innocent), he walks over to my bed and punches me in the nose while I'm lying there asleep. Blood goes ****ing everywhere and ruins my blanket and pillow. I tackle him again and we roll around on the floor some more. You know the rest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So that was 4-5 years ago, and my cousin is just about to get out of his latest stint in rehab. No surprise. He's less of a douche now though, which is good. It also helps that we don't live together anymore.

I love this thread, so many great stories.

Last edited by ExDementia : 09-24-2012 at 11:21 AM.
ExDementia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:45 PM   #24
Controlpanel
qɐuuǝp

I would have beat him half to deal with your schecter...^
Originally Posted by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
Controlpanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:29 PM   #25
tubetime86
I don't even play guitar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Most_Triumphant
Your first problem is that you have a longboard.

Fixed.
Originally Posted by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
tubetime86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:02 AM   #26
gwarbot

I looked for this thread because I wondered if anything like this had been made before, as it relates to accident stories. Can't believe how simple a concept it is -- isn't it basically a regular vise? Anyway, found it here: http://moretwang.com/2012/9/24/and-...e-off-the-table
gwarbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:10 AM   #27
Blompcube
Registered User Error

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwarbot
I looked for this thread because I wondered if anything like this had been made before, as it relates to accident stories. Can't believe how simple a concept it is -- isn't it basically a regular vise? Anyway, found it here: http://moretwang.com/2012/9/24/and-...e-off-the-table

yep, it's been done before - it's called a "guitar stand".

the difference is a guitar stand supports itself and the guitar without the need for additional furniture

anyways, to keep things on topic, i guess i'm fortunate enough to have never had one of these incidents just yet (touch wood!) although i have had some close calls.

My dad tells me once, he had his bass leaned up against a marshall stack which collapsed on top of it - this was a 1978 rickenbacker 4001. the only damage? a few little dents
Musicman HD75
Road Kill Cabs "Stag" 2x12 with Eminence screamin eagles.
Blompcube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:45 PM   #28
ron666

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExDementia
I have some long ones. Both of mine include my drunken idiot cousin. We shared a room for about 7-8 years until I finished highschool and got the **** out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This was my Sophmore year in highschool, my cousin is about 3 years older than me. First, I'm sitting in our room, playing my uncles crazy nice Ovation Adamas (I'm cringing already) acoustic that he left over for the weekend while he was away. My cousin decides he feels like sleeping at 5:00pm, so he comes in, turns out the light and tells me to STFU.

I love this thread, so many great stories.

My god, what a jerk your cousin was. I know some people that would have beat him to death (with a guitar).

ron666
ron666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:15 PM   #29
ExDementia
UG Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron666
My god, what a jerk your cousin was. I know some people that would have beat him to death (with a guitar).

ron666

He was a mother****ing prick, through and through. We got into so many fights I can't even count them. He was one of those guys who had to be bigger and stronger than everyone around him and had to win at everything. If he did lose at something, it suddenly became stupid and wasn't worth his time.

Luckily, he's pretty cool now. After so many trips to jail and rehab, he's finally starting to get it.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:15 AM   #30
BigSmokeDawg
Yes We Nyan!

I was sitting at my desk playing my brand new Fender Mustang, when someone started to talk to me on my computer. I turned my chair around to reach my keyboard when I smacked the body of my guitar right on the corner of my desk. There's a nice big dent in it now lol. Worst thing is is that I had done the exact same thing to my old guitar a few months before.
Line 6 UX2
Squier Jazz Bass
Guitar Covers - DaBigSmokeDawg
Recordings, demos and songs - www.soundcloud.com/bsmoked
BigSmokeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:29 AM   #31
Bonsaischaap
Intriguingly opinionated

I've dinged and scratched a few of my guitars, although nothing serious.

The worst accidental damage story I heard was when I was at the Gibson factory in Memphis. There were these huge racks of almost-finished ES335's. The tourguide told me there was a visitor who wanted to take a picture and then - in order to fit more guitars in the frame - took a few steps back, knocking over a stand with about 20-30 brand new Gibsons in the process.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:02 PM   #32
tobinobin

I had my acoustic resting against a coffee table, and my dog jumped up on the table and the slight bump caused it to fall backwards on the floor, snapping the neck off.

A few months later, I decided to give it a go with wood glue and a clamp. Works perfectly! Looks like frankenstein though..
tobinobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:25 PM   #33
brutzuk

haha omg a lot of good stories in here.. that would have been priceless to see the guy knock over the gibsons..

Only accident I had was one day just went to casually put my guitar on the stand, and the flimsy base just spun, and as I let go to walk away the guitar just dropped face first, high E and B string snapped off, and I pick it up and all the strings were buzzing.. sucks when somethin happens so fast.

im sure ill have lots more ******ed accidents in the future lol.. but this thread has definitely made me want to buy strap locks.
brutzuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:44 PM   #34
Coolconnor900

I rember in Grade 7 I had a gig and I was on stage at the peformance and i was playing I did a MASSIVE bend on the 15th Fret i snapped that string and the guitar like feel of my shoulder and hit the ground. I stuffed the strings the Bridge was all bent and the Whammy Bar had a MASSIVE Crack in it. :P
Coolconnor900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:29 AM   #35
trashedlostfdup
land of white cannibals

i don't have anything radical, but the week while i was waiting to get straplocks for my first Gibson LP, i ordered them from MF. i almost dropped it a few times because of the strap location, every time but one i had a hand to catch it with. except for one time, the front came undone, and the guitar took a nosedive, i don't know how i did it, but i caught it with my foot somewhat gently on the way down to the floor. rather awkward to pick up i got lucky. then my strap locks came and that the closest thing to massive damage i have ever had in 10 years and probably 75-100 gigs and/or open mics. most longest gigs with same in a row was probably about 10. i was 17 at the time. now i am 22 and do a lot of open mic's but doing projects and stuff with some of my fellow players to go out on our own.

Gibsons
USA Teles
Ibanez Prestiges
Wolfgangs

amps. lots.

5F1 parts on the way
finding a AVRI Strat
looking for an attenuator.
trashedlostfdup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:51 AM   #36
FenderBender72
The Bearded Warrior

Got drunk with some friends and decided it would be a good idea to play beer can baseball with a Takamine acoustic. Second swing, lost my grip and it went through the living room window. Went outside to pick it up off the front lawn and I stumbled off the porch and cut my arm on a piece of glass. Had my drunk friends stitch me up (still have the scar due to poor stitches). Aside from some scratches to the finish and two broken strings, the guitar was fine. We found a cardboard tube and continued with the beer can baseball.

FenderBender72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:12 PM   #37
rocknroll93
UG's very own Convict.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenderBender72
Got drunk with some friends and decided it would be a good idea to play beer can baseball with a Takamine acoustic. Second swing, lost my grip and it went through the living room window. Went outside to pick it up off the front lawn and I stumbled off the porch and cut my arm on a piece of glass. Had my drunk friends stitch me up (still have the scar due to poor stitches). Aside from some scratches to the finish and two broken strings, the guitar was fine. We found a cardboard tube and continued with the beer can baseball.

that made me laugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
rocknroll93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:22 PM   #38
FenderBender72
The Bearded Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknroll93
that made me laugh.

Yeah, the stories that start with,"Got drunk with some friends..." are usually the best.

FenderBender72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:05 PM   #39
MightySumo
I love lamp

I'll give this a whirl I guess. Lots of good stories so I'll contriboot.
Rewind 2 years. I'm 18 outside playing on my brand new Jackson DKMG Dinky. In love with everything and all but I forget why I had to set her down. So I figured I'll just prop her up in this groove on my garage. Well my dad was coming outside and he forgot I was out there and pressed the garage door button to open the door. Well it goes down instead of up and wouldn't you know it, that groove is also the channel for the garage door. The door came down on her and smashed the shit out of her... Neck gone... upper horn cracked and the trem squished out. I literally pulled the war scene on my knees screaming at the air NOOOOOOOOOOOO thing...bad day guys...bad day....

EDIT: I'd like to throw in there tho, that my dad felt so bad that he paid to have everything fixed, new neck, fixed the upper horn and a new trem so she's scarred but it's a funny story
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Schecter C1+ (modded)
LTD EC-1000vb
Blueridge 160 CE
BOSS | TU-3 | DD-7
Line 6 G-50 wireless

Last edited by MightySumo : 10-03-2012 at 02:08 PM.
MightySumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:36 PM   #40
ExDementia
UG Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightySumo
I'll give this a whirl I guess. Lots of good stories so I'll contriboot.
Rewind 2 years. I'm 18 outside playing on my brand new Jackson DKMG Dinky. In love with everything and all but I forget why I had to set her down. So I figured I'll just prop her up in this groove on my garage. Well my dad was coming outside and he forgot I was out there and pressed the garage door button to open the door. Well it goes down instead of up and wouldn't you know it, that groove is also the channel for the garage door. The door came down on her and smashed the shit out of her... Neck gone... upper horn cracked and the trem squished out. I literally pulled the war scene on my knees screaming at the air NOOOOOOOOOOOO thing...bad day guys...bad day....

EDIT: I'd like to throw in there tho, that my dad felt so bad that he paid to have everything fixed, new neck, fixed the upper horn and a new trem so she's scarred but it's a funny story

That was actually salvageable? I'm surprised.

Also, every garage door I have ever seen has a safety that prevents it from closing if there's something blocking the sensor, or if it feels too much resistance. Very bad luck there.

Rate This Thread: