Search:

Closed Thread
Old 09-23-2012, 03:57 PM   #21
TunerAddict
Real Ass Nigga

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysam23_Atax
What a cynical viewpoint...

A realistic one. Better then the self absorbed, "I am the greatest thing since sliced bread" attitude.

There are 7,041,241,506 people on this planet. Why are you so special? (hint: You are not)
TunerAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 03:59 PM   #22
crackerpleaz
Custom User Title

I tell ya, ain't nothing quite as beautiful as music.

crackerpleaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 04:00 PM   #23
vIsIbleNoIsE
The Asian-Viking Paradox

Quote:
What a cynical viewpoint...

how is that cynical? it's empowering. life is not sacrosanct, so we may do with it as we please.

the guy you were responding to though, i agree he was being a bit mean though.

TS don't be sad!

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
vIsIbleNoIsE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 04:00 PM   #24
crazysam23_Atax
Burning away

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunerAddict
A realistic one. Better then the self absorbed, "I am the greatest thing since sliced bread" attitude.

There are 7,041,241,506 people on this planet. Why are you so special? (hint: You are not)

You've just proved my point. (Hint: Being cynical isn't cool. Usually, it just makes people make dislike you.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vIsIbleNoIsE
how is that cynical? it's empowering. life is not sacrosanct, so we may do with it as we please.

Why does life being or not being sacrosanct prevent you from doing what you want? You have the ability to do whatever the hell you want. You also get to live with the consequences, whether good or bad.

Anyway, that all said...can someone please determine if TS is actually ok?...

Bandcamp

Now working on my upcoming EP "Discarnate". See the expected track list on my bandcamp.

Terry Prachett is funnier than you! Discworld

Last edited by crazysam23_Atax : 09-23-2012 at 04:02 PM.
crazysam23_Atax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 04:01 PM   #25
palm mute
Reserved User

:/

every night
palm mute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 04:01 PM   #26
Ometh
nobody

I don't care, go away.
Ometh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 04:02 PM   #27
LostLegion
resurrected

Okay so I guess I have to be serious looking at your posts.

So you got dumped. That doesn't matter. You may feel suicidal and think that there is nothing like your woman you were with but, to use the old term, there is always more fish in the sea. If you've read Romeo & Juliet you would see that Romeo loved Rosaline, and then she broke up with him and he thought that no one could compare to her. But the minute he met Juliet, he forgot all about Rosaline. This is just teenage love.

I've been in your situation before, not necessarily over relationships, but I've come close to ending it all. I had a ******* knife inches away from my throat. But what made me come to my senses was that how much everyone will miss me. How selfish it would be of me to just get off this earth without even saying goodbye. And one of the things that helped me get through it was by writing songs. And seriously, the songs I have written about that event is some of the deepest stuff I have ever wrote.

And come on man. You're sixteen. You have so much to live for. You're not even a quarter way through you life yet.

LostLegion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 04:03 PM   #28
CricketBat
His brain loves Plumb

Quote:
You've just proved my point. (Hint: Being cynical isn't cool. Usually, it just makes people make dislike you.)

I don't think it's cynical. It just means your life is your own and you can do whatever you want with your time.

It's irrelevant anyway though because none of this sort of thinking would be a revelation to someone genuinely suicidal IMO
CricketBat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 04:10 PM   #29
WholeLottaIzzy
UGs Only Rhythm Guitarist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunerAddict

Saying your life doesn't have value is the most stupid thing ever. If you don't have life, what do you have? Absolutely jack shit, that's what. Therefore, life is the most valuable thing ever. I get the whole, not living like you're the best thing ever, but there is no harm in being proud and having a high self esteem. I'm very proud of who I am and have a decent self esteem and my life is great. Fantastic in fact. Giving yourself value gives yourself self esteem, confidence etc and generally makes your life better. You may think your life doesn't have value because you don't believe you can have much of an impact on other people. If you dom't give your life any value and believe in yourself, your life won't have any value. No one else is gunna give it to you.
Old 09-23-2012, 04:12 PM   #30
crazysam23_Atax
Burning away

Quote:
Originally Posted by CricketBat
It's irrelevant anyway though because none of this sort of thinking would be a revelation to someone genuinely suicidal IMO

Exactly!

TS, think about this. Don't you want to at least find out what else there is to your life? If you give up now, you could be missing the most awesome and fun parts of your life!

Bandcamp

Now working on my upcoming EP "Discarnate". See the expected track list on my bandcamp.

Terry Prachett is funnier than you! Discworld
crazysam23_Atax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 04:17 PM   #31
bradulator
through being cool

bradulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 04:20 PM   #32
crackerpleaz
Custom User Title

TS, pain is simply a part of the human experience. All of our lives are filled with different kinds of suffering, but the beauty of it is that agony is what connects us all to each other. It's one of the things we all share. Whether you want to believe it or not, you're an intricate piece of infinity, a part of the puzzle of the universe. I'm here for you, if you want to talk. You can PM, as well.
I tell ya, ain't nothing quite as beautiful as music.

crackerpleaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 04:22 PM   #33
WantsLesPaul
Nod to my Nod

You buy furniture. You tell yourself, this is the last sofa I will ever need in my life. Buy the sofa, then for a couple years you're satisfied that no matter what goes wrong, at least you've got your sofa issue handled. Then the right set of dishes. Then the perfect bed. The drapes. The rug. Then you're trapped in your lovely nest, and the things you used to own, now they own you.
Old 09-23-2012, 04:27 PM   #34
CricketBat
His brain loves Plumb

the thing is though, if the guy who started the topic is reading these messages then he may as well already change his mind. If satisfying your curiosity about what people would respond to this message with is worth staying alive a while longer for, then you already want to live. There's never going to be a time where nothing at least equally interesting to this is going on.

Last edited by CricketBat : 09-23-2012 at 04:33 PM.
CricketBat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 04:29 PM   #35
MakinLattes
fully retractable

You're in high school, right? It's just four years, you'll get past it eventually.
MakinLattes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 04:29 PM   #36
Philip_pepper
UG's Kanye West

Does anyone else think relationships are secondary?

I say work on yourself first. Get that degree. Get that job. Get that house. Get that car. Then you can worry about messing it all up.

Women are expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desperatechris
Love you too Philip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnus_maximus
I now dub thee UG's Dr Phil. Screw that other guy.
Philip_pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 04:32 PM   #37
WholeLottaIzzy
UGs Only Rhythm Guitarist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip_pepper
Does anyone else think relationships are secondary?

I say work on yourself first. Get that degree. Get that job. Get that house. Get that car. Then you can worry about messing it all up.

Women are expensive.

Agreed. Gotta look after number one.
Old 09-23-2012, 04:32 PM   #38
Primus2112
gortar hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child In Time
Choose life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a ****ing big television, Choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players, and electrical tin can openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol and dental insurance. Choose fixed-interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisure wear and matching luggage. Choose a three piece suite on hire purchase in a range of ****ing fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who the **** you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing ****ing junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pissing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, ****ed-up brats you have spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life . . . But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life: I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got heroin?

Now I'm cleaning up and I'm moving on, going straight and choosing life.

I'm looking forward to it already. I'm gonna be just like you.

The job, the family, the fucking big television. The washing machine, the car, the compact disc and electric tin opener, good health, low cholesterol, dental insurance, mortgage, starter home, leisure wear, luggage, three piece suite, DIY, game shows, junk food, children, walks in the park, nine to five, good at golf, washing the car, choice of sweaters, family Christmas, indexed pension, tax exemption, clearing gutters, getting by, looking ahead, the day you die.
Primus2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 04:33 PM   #39
Aralingh
Intelligent person

Quote:

That's not funny or clever. You do realize that, if this is TS's suicide note, then you basically just told him to kill himself, right?

No offense here, but he's quite right. By far, life's meaning is what you think it is, and when generalizing, it means it has none. So don't dramatize.
Aralingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 05:06 PM   #40
TimTheWizard
they call me Guru

TS is being a suicidal teenager. Get over it, lose your virginity and smoke up. That's how I became mature.
I had a friend who was held at gunpoint as a cashier. The robber told him to give him all the money in the register and what not. Apparently my friend then replied, "Would you like a slurpee with that?"
TimTheWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread: