Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Closed Thread
Old 09-23-2012, 07:55 PM   #61
strat0blaster
growing out of the snake
 
strat0blaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Seattle
But if you don't f_ck up, how will you learn?
__________________
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
show

Last edited by strat0blaster : 09-23-2012 at 08:22 PM.
strat0blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:03 PM   #62
aaronsutton27
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
I like the pit.
aaronsutton27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:05 PM   #63
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
 
crazysam23_Atax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by TunerAddict
The reason relationship drama is so hurtful to someone when they are young is because of youthful arrogance. You know, the shit crazysam shows every time he open his mouth.

Simply because you and I have a difference of opinion doesn't mean you can be an asshole about it. You agree with Nietzsche; I don't. Get over yourself. And I'm arrogant! As if insisting people who disagree with you are wrong/"full of youthful arrogance" isn't arrogance in the extreme!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunerAddict
You end up caught up in the now and only the now. You try dictating your life into some set story, but the truth is that you don't really control the story here. You are but one person. You can add things and take them away, you can try and you can fail, but ultimately the story of your life is something that is so much greater then simply you, because other people are involved. Things might not go the way you wanted them to, but that doesn't really matter, because the story keeps going. You just have to be willing to go with it.
Why do you assume that someone who is full of "youthful arrogance" (or in other words, me, as you so succinctly put it) is caught up in the now and only the now? You immediately assume that someone like me, who assigns a certain meaning to life, doesn't believe in something "greater than simply you".

Anyway, I agree with the entirety of this paragraph, even if you and I do disagree on Nietzsche or that life has meaning.

@Saint78:
I think Nietzsche's full of shit. His ideas have some merit, but the irony is that there's always some people who assume his ideas are the only ideas with merit. Personally, I follow a different set of ideals.
If you like Nietzsche, cool. I don't believe in his philosophy. I don't see an issue with that.

OT:
Look, TS, it's like this. Maybe you messed up with this girl. But the thing is, you can move on. You can survive. Pick yourself up, talk to someone if you need to, and step out to live your life. You've so much ahead of you (no matter what anyone's beliefs, none can say that there's not a ton more to experience, if you're only 16).
__________________
Tunes?

Bandcamp

Now working on my upcoming EP "Discarnate". See the expected track list on my bandcamp.



Terry Prachett is funnier than you! Discworld

Last edited by crazysam23_Atax : 09-23-2012 at 08:13 PM.
crazysam23_Atax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:07 PM   #64
Saint78
julian wells
 
Saint78's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: feels like i only go backwards
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysam23_Atax
Simply because you and I have a difference of opinion doesn't mean you can be an asshole about it. You agree with Nietzsche; I don't. Get over yourself. And I'm arrogant! As if insisting people who disagree with you are wrong/"full of youthful arrogance" isn't arrogance in the extreme!

OT:
Look, TS, it's like this. Maybe you messed up with this girl. But the thing is, you can move on. You can survive. Pick yourself up, talk to someone if you need to, and step out to live your life. You've so much ahead of you (no matter what anyone's beliefs, none can say that there's not a ton more to experience, if you're only 16).


But Nietzsche is awesome.
__________________
you're a stone fox
Saint78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:10 PM   #65
strat0blaster
growing out of the snake
 
strat0blaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Seattle
Jesus Christ....

This whole stupid thing really IS about a fcking highschool breakup, isn't it?
__________________
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
show
strat0blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:10 PM   #66
whywefight
formin like voltron
 
whywefight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint78
But Nietzsche is awesome.


Possibly the most metal person ever.
whywefight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:13 PM   #67
KISSmyass666
Banned
 
KISSmyass666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: In the shed.
Don't **** up your amp.
KISSmyass666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:16 PM   #68
Saint78
julian wells
 
Saint78's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: feels like i only go backwards
Quote:
Originally Posted by whywefight
Possibly the most metal person ever.


You just ruined Nietzsche for me.

Not really.

He wasn't metal either. He was actually a very frail, sickly man.
__________________
you're a stone fox
Saint78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:17 PM   #69
seeneyj
UG Fanatic
 
seeneyj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: A place where people with unbuttoned shirts & cool sunnies can roam free.....
k.
__________________
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
seeneyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:51 PM   #70
TunerAddict
Real Ass Nigga
 
TunerAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bing, bitch
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysam23_Atax
Simply because you and I have a difference of opinion doesn't mean you can be an asshole about it. You agree with Nietzsche; I don't. Get over yourself. And I'm arrogant! As if insisting people who disagree with you are wrong/"full of youthful arrogance" isn't arrogance in the extreme!

Why do you assume that someone who is full of "youthful arrogance" (or in other words, me, as you so succinctly put it) is caught up in the now and only the now? You immediately assume that someone like me, who assigns a certain meaning to life, doesn't believe in something "greater than simply you".

Anyway, I agree with the entirety of this paragraph, even if you and I do disagree on Nietzsche or that life has meaning.

@Saint78:
I think Nietzsche's full of shit. His ideas have some merit, but the irony is that there's always some people who assume his ideas are the only ideas with merit. Personally, I follow a different set of ideals.
If you like Nietzsche, cool. I don't believe in his philosophy. I don't see an issue with that.

OT:
Look, TS, it's like this. Maybe you messed up with this girl. But the thing is, you can move on. You can survive. Pick yourself up, talk to someone if you need to, and step out to live your life. You've so much ahead of you (no matter what anyone's beliefs, none can say that there's not a ton more to experience, if you're only 16).


My post wasn't addressed to you, I had just thrown you in as an example since you wanted to attack me earlier for having an opinion contrary to yours.

Youthful arrogance. Being 16 and thinking you know it all. That is what I'd classify youthful arrogance as. I'd guess it would have to do with limited life experience and the lack of a fully functioning brain, which are both things that teenage boys have, since the male brain is still highly developing during those years.

But please, get madder.
TunerAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:53 PM   #71
Saint78
julian wells
 
Saint78's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: feels like i only go backwards
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysam23_Atax
@Saint78:
I think Nietzsche's full of shit. His ideas have some merit, but the irony is that there's always some people who assume his ideas are the only ideas with merit. Personally, I follow a different set of ideals.
If you like Nietzsche, cool. I don't believe in his philosophy. I don't see an issue with that.


Nope. No issue here.
__________________
you're a stone fox
Saint78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:51 PM   #72
crazysam23_Atax
Feuergesicht
 
crazysam23_Atax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by TunerAddict
My post wasn't addressed to you, I had just thrown you in as an example since you wanted to attack me earlier for having an opinion contrary to yours.

Well, it just seemed to me, since you said:
Quote:
You know, the shit crazysam shows every time he open his mouth.

that you were making a rather unsubtle dig my way. Also, I don't feel like I personally attacked you. I didn't agree with your position (and still don't). However, neither of us have to agree with each other. So, moving on...

Quote:
Youthful arrogance. Being 16 and thinking you know it all. That is what I'd classify youthful arrogance as. I'd guess it would have to do with limited life experience and the lack of a fully functioning brain, which are both things that teenage boys have, since the male brain is still highly developing during those years.

That all is certainly true. Most teenage boys (and, to be fair, a lot of male early 20 somethings) seem to think they're invincible and nothing'll ever touch them. Then, when something hurts them emotionally, most of them have a tough time with it. It does get much easier with life experience though.
One thing that forced me to grow the fuck up was flunking out of college (university, for you non-Americans) for the first time. High school was easy for me. I didn't have to do much to maintain a 3.0 gpa (roughly 80-85% grades). College...whole other deal. The first time I realized I actually had to study, I also realized I had no fucking idea how to study. But it's those life lessons that prepare you for the challenges to come. Now, I've a 2-year associate's degree, and I'm working on getting my Bachelors in Computer Science.

Quote:
But please, get madder.
Not really mad.

Edit:
I guess I'm just saying we all have those tough moments in life, but we all have to move on. Giving up is...well, simply that. It's like, instead of seeing the whole glory of life before you, you see the painful now and go, "I can't make it. You guys go on ahead." But you can't just stop. You have to move on; otherwise, you miss so much. You never get to see how you're adding to the bigger picture, if you just end it all.

Edit2:
I'm pretty sure I've misunderstood you a lot in this thread, TunerAddict. So, if I've been a pretentious dick, I apologize. Hope all's cool in the long run, man?
__________________
Tunes?

Bandcamp

Now working on my upcoming EP "Discarnate". See the expected track list on my bandcamp.



Terry Prachett is funnier than you! Discworld

Last edited by crazysam23_Atax : 09-23-2012 at 10:00 PM.
crazysam23_Atax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:10 PM   #73
Necro_Theater
UG Newbie
 
Necro_Theater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Batavia
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMez


Cheers me up


Holy ****.

I haven't heard that song since I was a child, I remember laughing at it with my childhood friend and only laughing at the sunscreen part.

Listening to it and actually understanding the words now is like nostalgia and something else i can't name, but I forgot all about it. Christ

Edit: This thread has torn me to shreds from its relevance to being just outta high school into college and a shitty fast food job with gangbanger managers and co-workers.

I'm outta here man
__________________
IN LIFE...



IS DEATH

IN DEATH...


IS DEATH

Last edited by Necro_Theater : 09-23-2012 at 10:21 PM.
Necro_Theater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:12 PM   #74
chaoticfables
hooooome studiooo
 
chaoticfables's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Child In Time
Choose life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a ****ing big television, Choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players, and electrical tin can openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol and dental insurance. Choose fixed-interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisure wear and matching luggage. Choose a three piece suite on hire purchase in a range of ****ing fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who the **** you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing ****ing junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pissing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, ****ed-up brats you have spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life . . . But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life: I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got heroin?

Well done, I was just watching that.
__________________
my e-wife
mdwallin

soundcloud
a stupid scrapbook for my music
chaoticfables is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:36 PM   #75
SaintsofNowhere
Mostly landscapes
 
SaintsofNowhere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint78
The world is a beautiful place, and I am no longer afraid to die.


Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness. Take pride that even though the rest of the world may disagree, you still believe it to be a beautiful place.
__________________
Phase I: Electric Velvet CottonCandy

-_‽GOOZE.‽_-
SaintsofNowhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:58 PM   #76
Rust_in_Peace34
Pancakes are my business
 
Rust_in_Peace34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: At home in the Northern Cold
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote:
Originally Posted by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

Rust_in_Peace34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:16 PM   #77
Spaztikko
*
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Unlike LostLegion, who also lives in Louth, I don't want to possibly be related to TS.
Spaztikko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:34 AM   #78
c3powil
on a coconut estate
 
c3powil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by TunerAddict
The reason relationship drama is so hurtful to someone when they are young is because of youthful arrogance. You know, the shit crazysam shows every time he open his mouth.

We have the conceptions that THIS girl is the only one. I was the same way. We are so arrogant in our youth to think that, for lack of a better phrase, "this is it." It is short sighted. We cannot see everything else around us. Then you grow up a bit and start to notice all that is out there. You look back on the youthful you and think, "Wow, I was a dumbass."

As long as we have that arrogance, that ego, we cannot be free. You end up caught up in the now and only the now. You try dictating your life into some set story, but the truth is that you don't really control the story here. You are but one person. You can add things and take them away, you can try and you can fail, but ultimately the story of your life is something that is so much greater then simply you, because other people are involved. Things might not go the way you wanted them to, but that doesn't really matter, because the story keeps going. You just have to be willing to go with it.

Shit looked bleak when the Fellowship of the Ring were split up and Boromir was killed, but that didn't stop Frodo, man. He kept on. He did what he had to do.

Thus is life. Obstacles arise, and sometimes small problems look like the end of the world, but in truth they are merely providing you with a new path to take. The thing is, as long as we value ourselves so highly, as long as we let that arrogance and self deceit rule our lives, we will never see that path, all we will see is the wall blocking us on the path we had planned to take.

See the new path, young grasshopper, don't be obsessed with what could have been, look forward to what can be.



This is one truthful post.
__________________
Tossed Salads and Scrambled Eggs
c3powil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:27 AM   #79
LostLegion
resurrected
 
LostLegion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaztikko
Unlike LostLegion, who also lives in Louth, I don't want to possibly be related to TS.

They're two different Louths
__________________
LIVERPOOL F.C.


LostLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:30 AM   #80
PaulyVengeance
User
 
PaulyVengeance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
TS lives in the Louth that's 20 minutes away from me, whereas LostLegion lives over some fecking water and shit.
PaulyVengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:43 AM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.