Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 09-28-2012, 02:34 PM   #1
Brandeis

Another recommend me an amp thread

Soooooo, here we go
Budget: about 1000, maybe even more, only for the head, but less is best
Genres: blues/classic/hard rock, jazzy stuff, thrash, prog metal, virstuoso (no br00tz)
I don't mind at all going used, I live in middle-Italy and my current axe is a parker fly deluxe (fairly bright I must say)
I intend to use it for everything, bedroom practice (but I have the luck to be able to play at quite high volumes), recording and small/medium gigs.
I need good cleans (don't pretend fender grade, but would be nice), I prefer 3 indipendent channels (clean, od/crunch, and high gain)
midi capability, built in reverb (not a priority necessity, but it's one pedal less on the board), fx loop for modulation and delay, footswitch, maybe powerscaling?
Oh, and I intend to use the amp's od and distortion, so no pedals for that either
Some things I've already been looking at are a Peavey JSX and a Carvin V3, but other ideas are always welcome
Brandeis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:07 PM   #2
cdr_salamander
or simply Nick

Might want to look at a Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 100 as well. Covers just about all of your bases.
cdr_salamander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:17 PM   #3
Unholy.Daemon
Call Me Jamie.

Yes it's Bugera, but have a look at the TriRec, that covers near enough everything you're after

Current Gear;
Jackson RR3
Fender MIM Tele
Randall RH50T
Marshall 1960AV (Celestion V30's)
Unholy.Daemon is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: