Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 09-24-2012, 10:02 PM   #41
magnus_maximus
lord of the files

I read as far as "Sex - fail" and that was that.
Well then I am the gayest pedophile.
magnus_maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:06 PM   #42
Somekid94
Dingus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonGlover
What about women that date guys just to have sex? What if both parties just mutually want to indulge in lust and nothing more? Instead they have to suppress those feelings for some arbitrary quest for love?

You're looking too deep into it... The point I was trying to make is guys (or girls) that date other people just to have sex with them, given that they wouldn't have sex with them otherwise, are morally reprehensible scum.

Its almost like rape, except they have to gain their trust first, **** them, then leave, leaving the other party heartbroken. It happens.
Somekid94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:07 PM   #43
coco-loco
UG's Only Ghoulscout

I was in the pit and saw a thread titled "Sex". Directly underneath it said "fail". I had to laugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kind, Non-Existant User
Coco-Loco is the finest bit of meat on the butcher block.
coco-loco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:09 PM   #44
Crazyedd123
UG's Primus fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fail
betraying a partner's trust to do so
Please discuss

Ah, but how do you know the person you're doing it with isn't betraying a partner?

But, I don't see anything wrong with promiscuity, but I definitely wouldn't have high regards for someone who was known for being promiscuous.
Don't know why. I guess, even though sex isn't really that sacred, they're devaluing the emotional side of it by participating in it with many partners.

It's like eating sweets; they're really nice every once in a while, but if you keep eating it, you'll get diabetes.
Or something like that...
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, it can't be beat
Crazyedd123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:10 PM   #45
rockingamer2
Larmarky Remark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somekid94
You're looking too deep into it... The point I was trying to make is guys (or girls) that date other people just to have sex with them, given that they wouldn't have sex with them otherwise, are morally reprehensible scum.

Its almost like rape, except they have to gain their trust first, **** them, then leave, leaving the other party heartbroken. It happens.

So you're talking about players and the like, not mutual "Let's fuck."

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity."

MUSIC THEORY LINK

SteamID: CarrionComfort
rockingamer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:11 PM   #46
TooktheAtrain
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyedd123
Ah, but how do you know the person you're doing it with isn't betraying a partner?

But, I don't see anything wrong with promiscuity, but I definitely wouldn't have high regards for someone who was known for being promiscuous.
Don't know why. I guess, even though sex isn't really that sacred, they're devaluing the emotional side of it by participating in it with many partners.

That implies that one is emotionally stunted enough to not be able to have emotional relationships with multiple people.
TooktheAtrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:13 PM   #47
primusfan
Conspiracy Music Theorist

it's only a question of morality insofar as people (more so girls) who will **** a ton of total strangers probably have issues. most likely related to sexual abuse or abandonment. you don't want to help exploit that, you want to get them help.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:14 PM   #48
Somekid94
Dingus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockingamer2
So you're talking about players and the like, not mutual "Let's fuck."

Yes.
Somekid94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:15 PM   #49
TunerAddict
Real Ass Nigga

Quote:
Originally Posted by primusfan
it's only a question of morality insofar as people (more so girls) who will **** a ton of total strangers probably have issues. most likely related to sexual abuse or abandonment. you don't want to help exploit that, you want to get them help.

I have daddy issues!

TunerAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:16 PM   #50
TooktheAtrain
Banned

Quote:

I know the OP mentioned that, but it's hardly implicit or explicit in the act of sex with multiple partners.

Are you saying that it's only wrong when it's with strangers? Or that it's still wrong if its with people you know?
TooktheAtrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:19 PM   #51
primusfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooktheAtrain
I know the OP mentioned that, but it's hardly implicit or explicit in the act of sex with multiple partners.

Are you saying that it's only wrong when it's with strangers? Or that it's still wrong if its with people you know?

i just mentioned strangers because that's the most obviously bizarre one. i knew a girl who blew her friend's older brother and two of his friends in the same car. she went on to just have group sex with guys at school she knew. and when word got around she started getting gang banged by dudes from the public schools.

obviously she knew a lot them, but that didn't make it any healthier.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:21 PM   #52
fail
Custom Mandy Moore avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincrunk
Or maybe your view of promiscuity isn't the right one. Ever consider that? No, you probably haven't. I doubt you even have casual sex all the time.

Not only have I considered it, I would be delighted to have my viewpoints torn a new one.
fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:21 PM   #53
primusfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fail
Not only have I considered it, I would be delighted to have my viewpoints torn a new one.

Old 09-24-2012, 10:22 PM   #54
captaincrunk
See, I Got News for You.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali.guitarkid7
Then hibernate more, so waking up doesn't lose its "specialness". Or hey, why not starve yourself more often? Or don't play music everyday, so it doesn't lose its specialness.

I get the 'too much of a good thing is a bad thing' view, but 'casual sex' doesn't equate to sex addiction (I guess it's how you choose to define promiscuity). There are lots of responsible people out there who don't overdo everything and use safe-sex practices, don't make 'em dirty, immoral people.

Don't overdo everything? This is just moving the goalposts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RU Experienced?
But no one is going to force you to have casual sex with people. If you prefer to only have sex with someone you're in a committed relationship with that's fine, but why should you impose your preferences on other people and frown upon them if they act differently?

So I should be forced to like people, even if they do things I don't like?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RU Experienced?
I'm not trying to put words in your mouth and thus am not directing this specifically at you, but the stigma is there so that is how some people think.

Maybe, just maybe, the stigma is justified.
#15 in the 2012 top 100
#23 in the 2010 top 100

NEW UG ALBUM! GET UG ELECTRONIC ALBUM: DISC THREE TODAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by element4433
I respect crunk.
captaincrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:24 PM   #55
metaldud536
Similar to a pony

I don't like it cause I don't get some. There I said it. If she'll get naked for only certain people and never see them again why not me? Promiscuous women should be more open minded and screw the chumps too. In fact they should just walk around naked. Open minded!

Also gonorrhea. Even with a condom, really guys? http://healthland.time.com/2012/06/...wide-who-warns/

My Deviant Art Page
Manchester United
metaldud536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:25 PM   #56
fail
Custom Mandy Moore avatar

Quote:

Sometimes I forget about context.
fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:25 PM   #57
Gibson_SG_uzr55
DJ SNAAAAKKEEE

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake1221
It's a very easy way to pick up a slew of diseases, and for that reason, can be seen as unclean.

This. I don't see it as immoral, I just tend to find these people reckless. Not immoral or bad though.

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers
Gibson_SG_uzr55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:26 PM   #58
Crazyedd123
UG's Primus fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooktheAtrain
That implies that one is emotionally stunted enough to not be able to have emotional relationships with multiple people.

True, it is possible to love more than one person at once.
And even then, if there's mutual consent and no wrong-doing on any parties side, then it's all good.

However, what you're talking about implies polygamy, which isn't casual sex.
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, it can't be beat
Crazyedd123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:27 PM   #59
devourke
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincrunk
you already said it yourself, it exposes people to disease

That's what you said not me. If a girl goes around having responsible sex with a lot of partners how is that disrespectful to herself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Hart
Well sex is a self-pleasuring exercise (yes you read correctly), and hedonism is just a more fun version of nihilism.

I wouldn't go as far as to say promiscuity is actually disrespectful to oneself, but it certainly isn't all fine and dandy, especially thanks to STIs and the amount of people that neglect to get themselves checked.

You can get an STD from having unsafe sex in a monogamous relationship. Sound like your problem is with unsafe sex, not promiscuity

Last edited by devourke : 09-24-2012 at 10:29 PM.
devourke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:28 PM   #60
eGraham
Logjammin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyedd123

It's like eating sweets; they're really nice every once in a while, but if you keep eating it, you'll get diabetes.
Or something like that...

See: law of diminishing marginal utility.

I am an equal opportunity banner
eGraham is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: