User Name  
Password
Search:

Closed Thread
Old 09-28-2012, 12:36 PM   #41
HotspurJr

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz_rock_feel
^It's funny that you warned against a going down a rabbit hole and then went tumbling down a particularly winding one yourself by assigning certain emotional qualities to intervals that simply aren't there. Interval names refer to distances between notes. Minor is less distance than major, end of. As to why they're called what they are, as you said, it's a historical naming convention that isn't particularly important.

Well, the "perfect" adjective came from the notion of the emotional qualities of the interval, IIRC.

WHich implies that somebody was recognizing the emotional qualities of the other intervals, as well.
HotspurJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:17 PM   #42
Captaincranky

Quote:
Originally Posted by skilly1
Ps: why is my signature link showing the actual video instead of just the link, anyone , it's never done that before,

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Dawg158
& apparently UG is now able to embed youtube vids.

Whether it's directly connected to the YouTube video or not, I'm uncertain.

However, after clicking of the video in Skilly's sig, I got a popup in my Yahoo Mail account. It was asking me to install, "automatic organizer for yahoo mail", published by, "otherinbox".

I strongly suggest that no one does this. It's basically bloatware, and a free trial of bloatware at that. After 30 days, I think they start asking for money.

I also realize that those users with gmail, or hotmail accounts, will think I'm crazy. Hey it's a chance I needed to take, and perhaps a very real possibility.
Captaincranky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:28 PM   #43
jazz_rock_feel
repon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotspurJr
Well, the "perfect" adjective came from the notion of the emotional qualities of the interval, IIRC.

WHich implies that somebody was recognizing the emotional qualities of the other intervals, as well.

If you classify consonance as an emotional quality, then yes.

Soundcloud. Look at it. Or don't.
jazz_rock_feel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:22 PM   #44
20Tigers

Quote:
Originally Posted by skilly1
Ps: why is my signature link showing the actual video instead of just the link, anyone , it's never done that before,

Thanks

You might want to remove it until you figure it out. At the moment with the whole video there it's pretty much spam. I'm not gonna issue a warning because it's not intentional but if you could take it down until you figure that one out it would be cool.

In regard to your question about the augmented unison and minor second Sleepy__Head pretty much nailed it. It's about the interval and the letter name (or position on the staff).

The only point I would make is that he seemed to kind of imply that though you could call an interval an augmented unison you wouldn't really come do it in practice. I would just point out that though it is not common there are times when you would name an interval an augmented unison.

for example the distance between a minor third and a major third is an augmented unison since they will appear on the same line in a staff (have the same letter name except one will be # or b) but they will still be a semitone apart.
Old 09-28-2012, 11:56 PM   #45
jazz_rock_feel
repon

^It's not spam really, UG just embeds videos now. I think they're implementing the option to turn off embedded videos and signature videos soon.

Soundcloud. Look at it. Or don't.
jazz_rock_feel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:27 AM   #46
20Tigers

I agree, which is why I didn't do anything so far except ask him to remove it till he figures it out. It's not his fault that it happened. But a signature is supposed to be a signofff not the dominant feature of your post. Having that huge video appear everytime he posts in a forum will create a repetitive dominant feature in the thread effectively having the same effect as spam.

Imagine if everyone had a youtube video in their sig. It would just suck to try to get through a thread it would be like my local paper which is funded through advertising. You turn six pages of ads and crap to get one article 50 words long.
Old 09-29-2012, 03:52 AM   #47
skilly1

No probs
skilly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 04:26 PM   #48
20Tigers

legend, cheers.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:10 PM   #49
Slashiepie
Banged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captaincranky
WUZZUP HOMES... I see we dun gotz us seff a new kutsie pi bideo.

But what do i have to do with any topic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Albini
Remixing is for talentless pussies who don't know how to tune a drum or point a microphone.

Last edited by Slashiepie : 09-29-2012 at 07:15 PM.
Slashiepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:32 PM   #50
Captaincranky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slashiepie
I see you edited my post before you quoted me. As clever goes, that's not very, and it lacks class.

What it said was this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captaincranky
WUZZUP HOMES... I see we dun gotz us seff a new kutsie pi bideo.

But what does it have to do with the topic?

I am sort of relieved that it wasn't a mistake on my part.

You see, I normally only proofread my material for people I respect. And well, that sort of doesn't include you, or Hail.

Even still, I do apologize for not spelling "homez" correctly. Ebonics wasn't taught as a 1st language when I went to skool.

Last edited by Captaincranky : 09-29-2012 at 07:41 PM.
Captaincranky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 03:58 AM   #51
Slashiepie
Banged

Loneliness, bitternes and crack makes old people try too hard and think they are coming across as cool and clever.

Proofreading selection from your part would requiere answers in the first place. Now let's be honest, everyone around here just ignores your obnoxious posts until you try so hard to get any reaction that it becomes inevitable.

From now on, i'll act as the group of people you respect on these forums.
I will simply ignore you.

Expect some Forever Alone CC.jpegs on the next Memes Thread though .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Albini
Remixing is for talentless pussies who don't know how to tune a drum or point a microphone.

Last edited by Slashiepie : 09-30-2012 at 04:12 AM.
Slashiepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:08 AM   #52
:-D
hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockaholic97
Thanks! I wish everyone on Ultimate Guitar could be more like you!
:-D is online now   Reply With Quote
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread: