Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Tabs & Chords
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 11-30-2012, 08:18 AM   #1
GS LEAD 5
Registered User
 
GS LEAD 5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calcutta
Dream Theater inspired pseudo prog- C4C, GP5

Kinda got the idea for this from DT's "Breaking all Illusions". First attempt at proggy stuff, so don't be too harsh if it makes your ears bleed
And I kind of have writer's block as to what to put after this, so any suggestions will be gratefully accepted.
This is supposed to be part 2 of a 4 part song about a king who lost his kingdom. Im thinking of a big instrumental section which moves into a softer Porcupine Tree style verse section, but cant quite figure out what to transition this bit into.
Link me to what you want me to hear
Attached Files
File Type: gp5 Proggy off time.gp5 (9.3 KB, 98 views)
__________________
Gear:
ESP/LTD H338
Digitech RP500
Peavey KB4



DSP's FTW

You Liek Digitech?
8>7>6. ERG'S FTW.
GS LEAD 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:35 AM   #2
EpiExplorer
Pulling straws at random
 
EpiExplorer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Not sure the melody/harmony is my kinda thing. Dont mind it, but its just not interesting in that respect. The odd rhythms flow well, but they feel a little OTT. The riff style kind of feels like Jim Matheos from Fates Warning/OSI, which could be interesting if developed further with more interesting melodic content.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?



Quote:
Originally Posted by Ometh
Eip pls
EpiExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:20 PM   #3
GS LEAD 5
Registered User
 
GS LEAD 5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calcutta
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpiExplorer
Not sure the melody/harmony is my kinda thing. Dont mind it, but its just not interesting in that respect. The odd rhythms flow well, but they feel a little OTT. The riff style kind of feels like Jim Matheos from Fates Warning/OSI, which could be interesting if developed further with more interesting melodic content.


It was a first attempt, so kinda not surprised you found it a bit odd and what's OTT?

I'll try changing some stuff around, I've never tried writing in odd timings or trying to create progression before, gonna be some time before I get used to it.....

Thanks for taking the time out to listen man
__________________
Gear:
ESP/LTD H338
Digitech RP500
Peavey KB4



DSP's FTW

You Liek Digitech?
8>7>6. ERG'S FTW.
GS LEAD 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:34 PM   #4
EpiExplorer
Pulling straws at random
 
EpiExplorer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
OTT = over the top. There's an awful lot of changes in a short time, and none of them are very consistent.

Idea for a progression:
Attached Files
File Type: gp4 moarchordideas.gp4 (1.2 KB, 24 views)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?



Quote:
Originally Posted by Ometh
Eip pls
EpiExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:44 PM   #5
amonamarthmetal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
I thought the time signatures were inconsistent and they were done just to be clever. If they flowed better it would be a nice idea. but for now, I'm out.
__________________
My name is Joe. call me Joe.

Click here if you like arpeggios
amonamarthmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:13 PM   #6
GS LEAD 5
Registered User
 
GS LEAD 5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calcutta
Quote:
Originally Posted by amonamarthmetal
I thought the time signatures were inconsistent and they were done just to be clever. If they flowed better it would be a nice idea. but for now, I'm out.


It was an attempt at making a sort of slightly choppy flow, but guess it didnt work out well

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpiExplorer
OTT = over the top. There's an awful lot of changes in a short time, and none of them are very consistent.

Idea for a progression:



Thanks gonna mess around with this and see what I can come up with
__________________
Gear:
ESP/LTD H338
Digitech RP500
Peavey KB4



DSP's FTW

You Liek Digitech?
8>7>6. ERG'S FTW.
GS LEAD 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:33 PM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.