Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 09-30-2012, 12:58 PM   #21
Fouks

Hi guys, thanks for so many answers.
I have now tried my guitar with my old amp at my dads house. So first i tried an outlet which wasnt grounded. The electricity came almost right away. Then i tried it in another room in an outlet which is grounded, and i didn't feel a thing.

So it must be the grounding in the outlet at my moms apartment. I will call another electrician and tell him to look at everything now and see if that's the problem.

Oh and btw, i already checked the guitar grounding and it was correct grounded.
Fouks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:58 PM   #22
Fouks

Hi people, im back again. With the same problem as before. So i've had a real electrician checking out the outlet now and he said that it was grounded, so the problem shouldn't be there. I went to the music store and changed my amp to a brand new one, same model, it seemed to work first. I've played for some days now and i didn't notice a thing but today i could feel the electricity.

Which leads to my question: where could the problem be? Should i be certain about that it's the guitar that's faulty?
Old 10-17-2012, 06:02 PM   #23
jj1565
Officially Knighted

Location: NewYork ............................... Hot Chick guitahh playah ~~teh sexay
did you say that your guitar uses a battery?

the only other explanation would be that a slight
shock was occurring from a guitar wiring/battery issue.

if there's no battery, then it's not possible for the guitar to
cause a shock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
jj1565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 03:20 PM   #24
Fouks

The guitar has a battery, yes.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:13 PM   #25
Fouks

I think i'm becoming crazy. I've played for almost everyday under the christmas break, without any problem at all (at my dads house) and now that im back to school and living with my mother again, the darn electricity came after 15 minutes of playing.

I've taken both the amp and the guitar to the shop i bought it. I got a new amp, and the wiring in the guitar didn't have any problem, an electrician has also checked the outlet and stated it was grounded.

This is seriously making me considering to sell all my stuff and never touch a guitar again.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:39 PM   #26
Arby911
Finding the Pattern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouks
I think i'm becoming crazy. I've played for almost everyday under the christmas break, without any problem at all (at my dads house) and now that im back to school and living with my mother again, the darn electricity came after 15 minutes of playing.

I've taken both the amp and the guitar to the shop i bought it. I got a new amp, and the wiring in the guitar didn't have any problem, an electrician has also checked the outlet and stated it was grounded.

This is seriously making me considering to sell all my stuff and never touch a guitar again.

Nope, not possible, I'm calling bullshit.

Electricity is either there or it's not, it doesn't wait for 15 minutes to magically show up.

Either you're trolling us or there's more to the story that you're not telling us...
Old 01-09-2013, 04:59 PM   #27
Fouks

I've told you everything that im experiencing. After some time, it's always different, i feel something leading into my fingers. I don't get any shocks it feels more like it's flowing through the fingers to the hand.

Both my brother and my mother have felt it when i told them to touch the strings, so im not trolling at all im just really confused and pissed about what the hell is going on.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:12 PM   #28
Arby911
Finding the Pattern

I'm still questioning the grounding of the outlet in that case, and I don't really care what the 'electrician' said. You can buy inexpensive outlet testers and check for yourself, where do you live?

If it doesn't happen at point "A" and it does at point "B", it's pretty obviously something at point "B" that's causing the problem. In this case the ONLY difference is the house power, therefore the house power has a problem...

You may be feeling it after a bit due to sweat on your hands increasing your skin conductivity, but you can test it with a multimeter if you have access to one and know how to use it, because it's either there or it's not.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:29 PM   #29
Fouks

I'm also questioning the grounding and i'm going to check to outlet as soon as i get my hands on the right equipment.

You may be right about the part with the sweat, because i have thought i felt it sometimes but i told myself it was my imagination.

Rate This Thread: