Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 09-15-2012, 04:21 PM   #1
flanders_91
Hi-diddly-ho neighborino

Amp Problems/New Amp?

Whatsup GG&A?

I have a Bugera 6262-212 Amplifier, and the input jack is busted. Connection is very loose and has to be in one specific spot for me to get a solid sound. Brought it to a local shop who couldn't fix it, and Guitar Center who couldn't fix. The repair-man at GC told me they don't carry the part necessary, but that I should be able to contact Behringer/Bugera to get a replacement part.

Anyway, I'm going to crack it open later to look at it a little more to see if there's a fix I can do without a replacement part. Try to keep it simple. Has anyone had this problem with this amp, or a similar problem with a different amp?

If I can't get this fixed I'm looking at getting a new amp. I took at test-drive of the Blackstar HT Club 50 Half-stack at the local shop, and thought it had great tone! Read a review on UG a little earlier and it got a 9/10. So far sounds like a good idea. I know my Bugera is a little more Hi-gain, but the most of what I play falls along the sounds of Foo Fighters and a little lighter/a little heavier distortion. Throw in some Avenged Sevenfold and Metallica. I think the Blackstar will be able to full-fill my needs with the addition of a decent distortion pedal.

What does GG&A think?

Of course, if I can get the amp fixed I won't be buying a new amo.

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
flanders_91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 04:25 PM   #2
ihartfood
Potato Faced Blind Man

budget?
Old 09-16-2012, 06:49 PM   #3
311ZOSOVHJH
G G & A - B A B Y

Normally I would say that insert jack just needs to be screwed back in resoldered. But because 2 different shops said they couldn't fix it I'm starting to think that the jack in PCB mounted. If that is the case - then they might be right.

Bugera only supplies parts to authorized Bugera repair centers so track one of those down if you want to fix it. You could also ask in the Bugera Users Militia thread - maybe it won't be as bad that I'm thinking. Here is the link to that.
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...ad.php?t=845438

Bugeras are known for being of lower quality.

There is a ''What Amp" sticky that will help us help you if you are interested. Here is the link to that.
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1387138

Good luck,
Old 09-16-2012, 06:54 PM   #4
R45VT
Doesn't speak guitar

You can find most input jacks on-line. Just look at the manufacturer or part number and google it. No biggie.

Can you solder on PCB?

If not find a real amp shop as GC sucks and there repair guys aren't really amp techs. Bottom line is that it is fixable.
R45VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:13 PM   #5
R45VT
Doesn't speak guitar

Here is a link for some input jacks.
http://www.amprepairparts.com/jacks.htm

Typically the Behringer type shit has a separate PCB for the input jack and wires leading to the main PCB. I don't know on the set-up is on the 6262. If you can't find the same style on the link above snap a guality photo and post it. We might be able to help.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:14 PM   #6
flanders_91
Hi-diddly-ho neighborino

Yea it's a PCB mounted. Stupid Bugera...never again! I've tried google searching a few different places and one is a good 4-5hr drive away. And I don't want to bring it there to find out I have to come back another time or something. Too far. Cheaper than a new amp? Yes. But what if by some chance he can't fix it or whatever. Plus he doesn't do weekends and I don't want to take a day or two off of work for this.

I'll continue to try to find a repair, but I've gone at least a month now with no amp and I'm so close to just buying a replacement. Ughhh...

EDIT: Budget. I really don't want to spend more than $1k. Looking to play anything from Green Day/RHCP to Avenged Sevenfold/Metallica in terms of tone. Wide range, I know.

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan

Last edited by flanders_91 : 09-28-2012 at 09:24 PM.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:18 PM   #7
Kevin Saale
Talks to empty chairs

Why not just buy a switch craft or something and wire it to the PCB with a shielded wire? I'd be surprised if that did work.

Quote:
Get three coffins ready.

My mistake, four coffins.
Kevin Saale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:26 PM   #8
Arby911
Finding the Pattern

Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders_91
Yea it's a PCB mounted. Stupid Bugera...never again! I've tried google searching a few different places and one is a good 4-5hr drive away. And I don't want to bring it there to find out I have to come back another time or something. Too far. Cheaper than a new amp? Yes. But what if by some chance he can't fix it or whatever. Plus he doesn't do weekends and I don't want to take a day or two off of work for this.

I'll continue to try to find a repair, but I've gone at least a month now with no amp and I'm so close to just buying a replacement. Ughhh...

EDIT: Budget. I really don't want to spend more than $1k. Looking to play anything from Green Day/RHCP to Avenged Sevenfold/Metallica in terms of tone. Wide range, I know.

Crap, that's a 30 minute fix, run wires to the applicable traces on the PCB, wire in a conventional jack, done.

You need to find a real tech. Where are you located, upstate or the city?
Old 09-28-2012, 09:54 PM   #9
kyle62
Need a dispenser here!

A good tech can get it up and running for 1/10th of the price of a new amp.

If you're not comfortable working on a valve amp yourself (bleeding the caps etc), I reckon you could find a tech to do it for £30/$50 or so. Very easy fix indeed.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:56 PM   #10
flanders_91
Hi-diddly-ho neighborino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Saale
Why not just buy a switch craft or something and wire it to the PCB with a shielded wire? I'd be surprised if that did work.

That sounds good. I just don't know what part EXACTLY I would need. Too tired now to track it down on google. Maybe I can email Bugera tomorrow. There's so many different varietys of a single piece. double circuit/single circuit, insulated/non-insulated bushings, long/standard bushings, etc...

guhh.

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
Old 09-28-2012, 09:57 PM   #11
Kevin Saale
Talks to empty chairs

No no, don't use a stupid PCB mounted one, just buy a regular switchcraft jack and solder it up yourself

Quote:
Get three coffins ready.

My mistake, four coffins.
Kevin Saale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 10:10 PM   #12
R45VT
Doesn't speak guitar

Post a pic of it. You can order them on-line. Most input jacks are PCB nowadays.

Easily fixable.

I had an extra behringer PCB input jack laying around. Might be the same one. If you post the picture up I'll check. Maybe there is a UGer in New York near you that would solder it on for you.

You never know.

Or you could ditch the PCB and just straight wire but it would/should need to be insulated and might require a 1M ohm resistor wired up as well. thats kinda why we need to see the PCB board.

Last edited by R45VT : 09-28-2012 at 10:47 PM.

Rate This Thread: