Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Tabs & Chords
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 09-29-2012, 08:37 AM   #1
iCaleb

Anthem (Never Let Go) Bringing it back, folks.

i'm bringing punk rock back hell yeah

please leave comments and criticisms and i'll try to crit back if you give me something specific to critique but to be honest, sidenote: i'm not a huge fan of music that incorporates wonky time signatures for no reason or where the melody is 64th notes hitting the most dissonant intervals possible because it's "bad-ass metal" or whatever. if you have melody i'll critique it but if it's just another generic shred metal djent-inspired prog rock masterpiece i'll probably just say it sounds like another generic shred metal djent-inspired prog rock masterpiece. i'm also aware of the irony of me posting a generic punk rock song 15 years after punk rock was cool and i'm okay with that so have fun
Attached Files
File Type: gp5 Anthem (Never Let Go).gp5 (37.0 KB, 76 views)
File Type: mid Anthem (Never Let Go).mid (24.1 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by iCaleb : 09-29-2012 at 08:40 AM.
iCaleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:53 AM   #2
Ometh
nobody

So technically you're asking for a crit but you won't crit back properly if the song doesn't meet your "criteria"? That's complete bullshit. I listen to mostly grindcore and death metal and you'll see me crittin' reggae songs and praising them if they sound good, and I don't even like that genre that much. It's a shame you feel that way, since this forum is basically dead, and if anyone acted like you there wouldn't be any crits at all. I won't listen to your song or crit it, and I encourage everyone to not do it aswell.
Ometh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 02:05 AM   #3
RedDeath9
UG's Nu/Shyguy

So, this is what happened before and after I entered this thread:

1) Hovered and read "i'm bringing punk rock back hell yeah"
2) Wondered how self-absorbed the TS was, and what people's reactions would be to his Messiah complex.
3) Saw Ometh had posted, figured it was probably worth checking out his reaction.
4) Read, "So technically you're asking for a crit but you won't crit back properly if the song doesn't meet your "criteria"? That's complete bullshit."
5) Read OP, sensed more self-absorption and delusion.
6) Read all of Ometh's post, got to "I won't listen to your song or crit it, and I encourage everyone to not do it aswell."
7) Remembered that no one else has critted or commented.
8) Laughed and laughed and laughed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ometh
Great post-grind funk with a touch of sunburn rock, southern jazz and samba crusty blast beat. A must read for every microwave food connoisseur! 10/10

This creature sleeps beyond the flow of time
RedDeath9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 02:50 AM   #4
Rokkstar

Let's be honest here... If anyone's bringing punk rock back to life... It's me.

Rokkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:24 AM   #5
frankibo
UG Board King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokkstar
Let's be honest here... If anyone's bringing punk rock back to life... It's me.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOL

Also, TS

Also I can't believe you have the front to call anything generic and then upload a boring 4 chord punk song. Not only is it just 4 chords, it's also dull. 4 chords could be interesting, this isn't.
Even the worlds most cookie cutter, boring, generic and lifeless prog or djent song is more interesting than this.

Colossus

Last edited by frankibo : 09-30-2012 at 06:37 AM.
frankibo is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: