Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Gear Building & Customizing
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 09-29-2012, 08:01 PM   #1
browns82jk

Cheap Parts.

I've decided to redo my old Squier. I think I might rout out the space for a floyd rose and I've decided to repaint it anyway so I'm not to considered about messing up the finishing while routing. My plan is to put a floyd rose on it and some hot pickups with a baritone neck from Warmoth. Does anyone know any good places to buy parts cheaply. It's gonna take me some time to buy everything so I'd like to have some places to know where I can get the best deal.
browns82jk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:33 PM   #2
W4RP1G
Please, call me Pig.

How do you install a baritone neck without moving the bridge back?

Honestly, it sound like you may as well just buy a body blank and route that out. Sell the Squier to help pay for it. You might look on eBay to see if there are any bodies that are already cut out except for the bridge.

But if you really do want cheap parts, the best cheap Floyd is going to be a Special. It's not real Floyd quality though. Also look at GFS.
W4RP1G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:57 PM   #3
browns82jk

Warmoth's baritone necks are made to fit Fenders bodys without changing the bridge position. They have a 28.5 baritone neck and Gibsons 24 incher that are made to go right into Fenders 25.5 with out moving the bridge.
browns82jk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:43 PM   #4
W4RP1G
Please, call me Pig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by browns82jk
Warmoth's baritone necks are made to fit Fenders bodys without changing the bridge position. They have a 28.5 baritone neck and Gibsons 24 incher that are made to go right into Fenders 25.5 with out moving the bridge.

Gotcha.
W4RP1G is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: