View Poll Results: Leslie's Soda Tax
I'd vote in favor of the tax 52 37.68%
I'd vote against the tax 70 50.72%
I'm not sure 16 11.59%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-01-2012, 06:49 PM   #201
garden of grey
RIP David Gold

Burn in hell, I have always been frustrated ever since super sized drinks were taken away from mcdonalds.

I drink as much soda and milk as I can every day. Without putting effort into getting a bunch of carbs into my system I will shrink down to under 160lb at six foot three. I can eat tons of pasta or bread, but I have a very fast metabolism and an overall weak appetite, if it weren't for sugary drinks I would have never been able to bulk to 195lb.

**** all you morons who want to be forced to eat healthy food based on price. **** all of you morons who support drug prohibition, but you probably should since you are looking out for yourself and can't even handle a wide selection of food. ( I didn't read the thread but I doubt too many here support this, nobody take that personally lol.)

Last edited by garden of grey : 10-01-2012 at 08:23 PM.
garden of grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:01 PM   #202
crazysam23_Atax
Burning away

It's sad how these threads always boil down to Europeans vs. Americans vs. Europeans who don't like being taxed vs. Americans who think we should all make the US into Europe.

Bandcamp

Now working on my upcoming EP "Discarnate". See the expected track list on my bandcamp.

Terry Prachett is funnier than you! Discworld
crazysam23_Atax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:31 PM   #203
captaincrunk
See, I Got News for You.

Quote:
Originally Posted by due 07
Roads could be built by private persons and charge every time someone wants to use it via toll booths. So why is healthcare different?

What about schools? I'll pay for my own school thank you very much, I don't want my taxes raised just because a bunch of poor kids can't learn on their own.

and they're only dumb because they don't take care of their brains and read books.
#15 in the 2012 top 100
#23 in the 2010 top 100

NEW UG ALBUM! GET UG ELECTRONIC ALBUM: DISC THREE TODAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by element4433
I respect crunk.
captaincrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:41 PM   #204
ChamsRock
UG Fanatic

Soda is the one bad thing I have these days, other than the occasional burger when I'm out with friends. I would hate to be taxed on it when the rest of my diet is fairly healthy.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:39 AM   #205
due 07
haaan

Quote:
Roads could be built by private persons and charge every time someone wants to use it via toll booths. So why is healthcare different?

What about schools? I'll pay for my own school thank you very much, I don't want my taxes raised just because a bunch of poor kids can't learn on their own.

pls respond, i see that yr online bro
due 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:40 AM   #206
Hydra150
not so cowardly

wat
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip_pepper
I'm not gonna post pics of my hot mom.
Hydra150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:43 AM   #207
due 07
haaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydra150
wat

i mean the guy w the [i think] flapjack avatar
Old 10-03-2012, 12:44 AM   #208
Hydra150
not so cowardly

Go to sleep.
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip_pepper
I'm not gonna post pics of my hot mom.
Hydra150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:52 AM   #209
c3powil
on a coconut estate

Quote:
pls respond, i see that yr online bro

Sorry, I didn't see the thread bump.

Anyways, that's true what you said. I don't agree with the government funding most things because it decreases the quality. Just ask ask anyone in Canada where they would go to get a surgery. Many of them travel across the border so they can pay to go to US doctors. I agree with public schools and public roads, and maybe that's a contradiction on my part. I went to public school and travel on public roads.

I know there are poorer people in the country that need these things, but its not the government's responsibility to allocate the money. It's our responsibility as fellow citizens. Whenever a homeless guy off the street comes off the street and asks for money for food, I go out and buy him a meal, or a couple of canned goods.

I just don't believe that the government should have the right to take money from everyone to create a crappy, sub par, version of something that it believes everyone should have. I believe that we, as citizens, should be responsible for it.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:59 AM   #210
due 07
haaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3powil
Sorry, I didn't see the thread bump.

Anyways, that's true what you said. I don't agree with the government funding most things because it decreases the quality. Just ask ask anyone in Canada where they would go to get a surgery. Many of them travel across the border so they can pay to go to US doctors. I agree with public schools and public roads, and maybe that's a contradiction on my part. I went to public school and travel on public roads.

What if public healthcare existed alongside private healthcare?

RE: medical tourism

And A McKinsey and Co. report from 2008 found that a plurality of an estimated 60,000 to 85,000 medical tourists were traveling to the United States for the purpose of receiving in-patient medical care. The same McKinsey study estimated that 750,000 American medical tourists traveled from the United States to other countries in 2007 (up from 500,000 in 2006).
Old 10-03-2012, 02:06 AM   #211
im not mental
How tough are ya?

in favor
Old 10-03-2012, 02:14 AM   #212
c3powil
on a coconut estate

Quote:
What if public healthcare existed alongside private healthcare?

RE: medical tourism

And A McKinsey and Co. report from 2008 found that a plurality of an estimated 60,000 to 85,000 medical tourists were traveling to the United States for the purpose of receiving in-patient medical care. The same McKinsey study estimated that 750,000 American medical tourists traveled from the United States to other countries in 2007 (up from 500,000 in 2006).

In that case, I wouldn't be SO against it, I suppose.

All I know about the medical tourism thing is that it takes years to be seen by a doctor for anything major. Thats what my econ professor told me, anyhow.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:15 AM   #213
due 07
haaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3powil
All I know about the medical tourism thing is that it takes years to be seen by a doctor for anything major. Thats what my econ professor told me, anyhow.

y'r econ prof was a liar
Old 10-03-2012, 02:16 AM   #214
c3powil
on a coconut estate

Quote:
y'r econ prof was a liar

I dunno. He lived there for some odd number of years. Maybe I misquoted him, but I believe it was something like that.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:31 AM   #215
due 07
haaan

he's been brainwashed by american imperialist pigs
Old 10-03-2012, 02:59 AM   #216
fail
Custom Mandy Moore avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by garden of grey
Burn in hell, I have always been frustrated ever since super sized drinks were taken away from mcdonalds.

I drink as much soda and milk as I can every day. Without putting effort into getting a bunch of carbs into my system I will shrink down to under 160lb at six foot three. I can eat tons of pasta or bread, but I have a very fast metabolism and an overall weak appetite, if it weren't for sugary drinks I would have never been able to bulk to 195lb.

What? No
fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:13 AM   #217
devourke
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by garden of grey

Well there's your problem. If you've never broken into a sweat because of the amount of food you've ingested (AKA the meat sweats) you've never had a meal worthy of a man. If you've never been in physical pain after a meal you've not earned your testicles. If you've never thrown up because your body physically can't handle how much food is inside it then you've never lived.

You've gotta earn the appetite gog. I can put down anything and everything and still be hungry because of the hard yards I put in as a fat kid eating anything and everything and still going even though I was full.
devourke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:33 AM   #218
TunerAddict
Real Ass Nigga

Quote:
Originally Posted by devourke
Well there's your problem. If you've never broken into a sweat because of the amount of food you've ingested (AKA the meat sweats) you've never had a meal worthy of a man. If you've never been in physical pain after a meal you've not earned your testicles. If you've never thrown up because your body physically can't handle how much food is inside it then you've never lived.

You've gotta earn the appetite gog. I can put down anything and everything and still be hungry because of the hard yards I put in as a fat kid eating anything and everything and still going even though I was full.

True that.

Once I ate 8 slices of pizza, half a tray of oreos (1 and a half rows) and drank half a gallon of milk in about 10 minutes.

That is living.
TunerAddict is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: