Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

View Poll Results: Leslie's Soda Tax
I'd vote in favor of the tax 52 37.68%
I'd vote against the tax 70 50.72%
I'm not sure 16 11.59%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
Old 09-29-2012, 11:33 PM   #21
metal4eva_22
UG Senior Member
 
metal4eva_22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Too Far Gone
Quote:
Originally Posted by whywefight
Personally, I think we should skip fat people and go straight to bronies. Wait, there isn't a difference I guess.

I agree. **** those faggot, nigger loving, man children. They preach love and tolerance because we all know that they're a buncha faggots. That just sounds like a bunch of queer talk t' me. Donating to charities and all that other gay shit. I bet they even support interracial marriage, polutin' the gene pool with all that shit. We all know that they sit around in their parents basements jerking off to cartoon horses. All of them do it at all times. Not one of them is a functional member of society, like the other good people of the internet. You and me, we've gotta put a stop to all these goddam faggots.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelfox
Oh hush you.

BTW, SJW crap belongs on tumblr.

Axel is best UGer.
metal4eva_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:36 PM   #22
ErikLensherr
Star-Splitter
 
ErikLensherr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Washington, DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal4eva_22
I agree. **** those faggot, nigger loving, man children. They preach love and tolerance because we all know that they're a buncha faggots. That just sounds like a bunch of queer talk t' me. Donating to charities and all that other gay shit. I bet they even support interracial marriage, polutin' the gene pool with all that shit. We all know that they sit around in their parents basements jerking off to cartoon horses. All of them do it at all times. Not one of them is a functional member of society, like the other good people of the internet. You and me, we've gotta put a stop to all these goddam faggots.

He mad.

Also they didn't ban big soda sizes here, they just proposed it and then there was an uproar and they've dropped it afaik.

It was a dumb tax.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadnought
No joke that's how I feel

edit: unless that's a gay thing
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysam23_Atax
I am fairly cliterate with my hands and mouth.
ErikLensherr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:37 PM   #23
whywefight
I need loooooooo-
 
whywefight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: I don't care where just far
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal4eva_22
I agree. **** those faggot, nigger loving, man children. They preach love and tolerance because we all know that they're a buncha faggots. That just sounds like a bunch of queer talk t' me. Donating to charities and all that other gay shit. I bet they even support interracial marriage, polutin' the gene pool with all that shit. We all know that they sit around in their parents basements jerking off to cartoon horses. All of them do it at all times. Not one of them is a functional member of society, like the other good people of the internet. You and me, we've gotta put a stop to all these goddam faggots.


Dam straight! Wanna go fuck close relatives with me while hunting illegally?
whywefight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:39 PM   #24
zgr0826
UG's Cowardly Bassist
 
zgr0826's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Land of Milk and Honeys
I believe that they shouldn't be available, but I'll let people put pressure on the companies, not the government.
__________________
I Like St. Anger, So What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewDayHappy
I love my gays man, but a child could be buying that whopper. It just makes for a very awkward situation in the mini van when the father is talking to his son.

ayy lmao
zgr0826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:41 PM   #25
zackk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: united states
Although I'm against a soda tax, I would certainly drink less of it if it were taxed or more expensive. I usually drink one or two cans of Coke per day, but when I was in Europe, I drank one in a two week period because it was so expensive and I couldn't bring myself to spend that much on a coke. However, I ended up drinking substantially more alcohol than I normally do.
zackk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:44 PM   #26
The Charm
King Platypus
 
The Charm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
It isn't the governments job to decide what I'm allowed to put into my body. If I want to kill myself on cigars, beer and big gulps that's my own god damn business.
__________________
The B-52 Bombers Group!
Own a B-52 amp? Join the club!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashawa
He may be a troll, but he's an incredibly successful troll. So kudos on that.
The Charm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:44 PM   #27
CodeMonk
UG's Old Fart
 
CodeMonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Masturbating in your armpit
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakinLattes
Oregon doesn't have sales tax. Do whatever.

They'll just increase your property taxes then.

Yeah, just what we all need. More damn taxes.
__________________
Programming is an art form that fights back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dementiacaptain
I'm sorry that we won't validate your decision, we give advice here, not good feelings.

My friends call me Rob.
CodeMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:45 PM   #28
crazysam23_Atax
Burning away
 
crazysam23_Atax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudmen190
This is the kind of thing that I would actually support. There are sandwiches at the convenience store here that have 119% of the daily recommended sodium intake. I think that should either be taxed, or illegal.

Why? Besides the whole "it's unhealthy" argument, I've never heard a justifiable reason why we should tax people for their unhealthy choices.
__________________
Tunes?

Bandcamp

Now working on my upcoming EP "Discarnate". See the expected track list on my bandcamp.



Terry Prachett is funnier than you! Discworld
crazysam23_Atax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:47 PM   #29
Wolfinator-x
Teeth
 
Wolfinator-x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Everywhere. Pantheism, lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Charm
It isn't the governments job to decide what I'm allowed to put into my body. If I want to kill myself on cigars, beer and big gulps that's my own god damn business.
It's a good thing people don't have pay taxes for public healthcare or something, am I right?

/the closest I'll ever come to being political here on UG. I don't even have an opinion on anything, really. But where I'm from people left and right are bitching about ever-increasing taxes so yeah
__________________
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.
Artists I'm listening to a lot lately:
Stray Cats, Gustav Holst

Mah Youtube vids.
if you truly loved me, you'd watch them (psst; it's not just glam stuff)

Mah Soundcloud

Last edited by Wolfinator-x : 09-29-2012 at 11:48 PM.
Wolfinator-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:48 PM   #30
metal4eva_22
UG Senior Member
 
metal4eva_22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Too Far Gone
Quote:
Originally Posted by whywefight
Dam straight! Wanna go fuck close relatives with me while hunting illegally?

'Course. After that we can patrol the border for illegals. Goddam illegals stealin' our jerbs.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelfox
Oh hush you.

BTW, SJW crap belongs on tumblr.

Axel is best UGer.
metal4eva_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:49 PM   #31
Hydra150
not so cowardly
 
Hydra150's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Scotland
I voted for the tax because I don't like various aspects of the food industry and it's effects on public health (particularly on poor), but I don't think taxing would be the best way to change things. It could help though.
__________________
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip_pepper
I'm not gonna post pics of my hot mom.
Hydra150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:50 PM   #32
Wolfinator-x
Teeth
 
Wolfinator-x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Everywhere. Pantheism, lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal4eva_22
'Course. After that we can patrol the border for illegals. Goddam illegals stealin' our jerbs.
And all those god-forsaken gay sand-nigger-Jews with disabilities who support women's rights.
__________________
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.
Artists I'm listening to a lot lately:
Stray Cats, Gustav Holst

Mah Youtube vids.
if you truly loved me, you'd watch them (psst; it's not just glam stuff)

Mah Soundcloud
Wolfinator-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:50 PM   #33
crazysam23_Atax
Burning away
 
crazysam23_Atax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydra150
I voted for the tax because I don't like various aspects of the food industry and it's effects on public health (particularly on poor), but I don't think taxing would be the best way to change things. It could help though.

What would help more would be to encourage people to eat healthy foods. Why not do PSAs about advocating that?
__________________
Tunes?

Bandcamp

Now working on my upcoming EP "Discarnate". See the expected track list on my bandcamp.



Terry Prachett is funnier than you! Discworld
crazysam23_Atax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:51 PM   #34
TSmitty6
In the traphouse
 
TSmitty6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: L-o-c-a-t-o-i-n. Location. *ding*
The govt isnt our mommy. Let the obesity thrive.
__________________
58-32 NFL Thread Pick Em.
TSmitty6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:51 PM   #35
Hydra150
not so cowardly
 
Hydra150's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysam23_Atax
What would help more would be to encourage people to eat healthy foods. Why not do PSAs about advocating that?

Prostate-Specific Antigen's?
__________________
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip_pepper
I'm not gonna post pics of my hot mom.
Hydra150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:53 PM   #36
Mudmen190
Galactic Bounthunterrrrrr
 
Mudmen190's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Zebes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysam23_Atax
Why? Besides the whole "it's unhealthy" argument, I've never heard a justifiable reason why we should tax people for their unhealthy choices.


Companies don't have your health as their best interest. The government should, as (if general public health isn't good enough) it could potentially cut down on obesity and diet-related hospital visits, thus reducing costs.
__________________
TIME CONSUMER

TIME CONSUMING

CONSUME ME

Mudmen190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:54 PM   #37
whywefight
I need loooooooo-
 
whywefight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: I don't care where just far
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal4eva_22
'Course. After that we can patrol the border for illegals. Goddam illegals stealin' our jerbs.


DURKA DURRR
whywefight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:56 PM   #38
The Charm
King Platypus
 
The Charm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfinator-x
It's a good thing people don't have pay taxes for public healthcare or something, am I right?

/the closest I'll ever come to being political here on UG. I don't even have an opinion on anything, really. But where I'm from people left and right are bitching about ever-increasing taxes so yeah


We don't where I live, well...at least not yet.
__________________
The B-52 Bombers Group!
Own a B-52 amp? Join the club!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashawa
He may be a troll, but he's an incredibly successful troll. So kudos on that.
The Charm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:56 PM   #39
Gibson_SG_uzr55
DJ SNAAAAKKEEE
 
Gibson_SG_uzr55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Grand Valley State University, Michigan
Against. The only way I would support a tax on junk food is if food companies got a tax incentive or something of the like to lower the price of healthy food. That way the poor aren't practically forced to buy junk food.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!


Quote:
Originally Posted by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers
Gibson_SG_uzr55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 11:56 PM   #40
captaincrunk
See, I Got News for You.
 
captaincrunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by zgr0826
I believe that they shouldn't be available, but I'll let people put pressure on the companies, not the government.

no one is making you buy them
__________________
#15 in the 2012 top 100
#23 in the 2010 top 100

NEW UG ALBUM! GET UG ELECTRONIC ALBUM: DISC THREE TODAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by element4433
I respect crunk.
captaincrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:09 AM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.