Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Original Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 09-28-2012, 07:37 PM   #1
awesomo41894

Atlantean Sands (Original song demo C4C)

Over the past week or so, Ive worked on writing my newest song, that Ive called atlantean sands. Its just a working title, it will prolly change to fit whatever lyrics go over it.

The song, stylistically is very hard to describe. Its mostly metalcore, but goes from melodeath elements to very cliche metalcore, to a unique solo section (The riff under the solo is cooler than the solo imo) and then a very hardcore ending riff (My fav. riff in the song, other than maybe the intro/main riff)

Anyways, Id love some crit/advice on it. The solo needs to be much louder, BUT I think its neat otherwise. Lemme know what u think, thanks.

As always, Ill C4C.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmrl...=1&feature=plcp

Thanks again,

Jake P
awesomo41894 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:44 AM   #2
Waff
UG's Waffle

Some of the riffs aren't too bad. Here's the thing though, if you know the solo needs to be boosted (which, it does) ... why not just... boost it? Then you wouldn't need to say that in your description.
Waff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:49 AM   #3
awesomo41894

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waff
Some of the riffs aren't too bad. Here's the thing though, if you know the solo needs to be boosted (which, it does) ... why not just... boost it? Then you wouldn't need to say that in your description.

Thats because of the way I record. My computer is barely powerful enough to run reaper, and record with it. I can at max, only work with 2 tracks at a time in reaper, so for me to record, I usually program the drums, record guitar l, render, and honestly, the volume is a lot of the time a guess, and then Add that new track and record guitar r, render, then I record the lead, render, and bass, and render. So, I cant just go in and up the volume on the solo, I would basically have to rerecord it (Which im planning on doing soon)
awesomo41894 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 01:12 PM   #4
Michael87

Nice song You've got really good riffs there. The solo is also awesome, but as you've already written it needs to be louder. I would also add some bass and turn down rhythm guitar tracks a bit. The drums will be better hearable, but it's not so bad. Keep it up I've also noticed you're of Polish descent, great

And if you have some time you can check my song:
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1564892
Old 09-29-2012, 01:55 PM   #5
aaron aardvark

awesomo41894,
Most of the playing is tight, though sometimes the rhythm guitar could be tighter. Yes, turn up the lead guitar at times, it sounds good otherwise. The drums are good (glad there is not a bunch of machine gun kick). The song itself is rather good. Fairly heavy though not too heavy for me, which is good. Overall it is a good recording. Please review my music at this link:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1565363
aaron aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:32 AM   #6
Waff
UG's Waffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomo41894
Thats because of the way I record. My computer is barely powerful enough to run reaper, and record with it. I can at max, only work with 2 tracks at a time in reaper, so for me to record, I usually program the drums, record guitar l, render, and honestly, the volume is a lot of the time a guess, and then Add that new track and record guitar r, render, then I record the lead, render, and bass, and render. So, I cant just go in and up the volume on the solo, I would basically have to rerecord it (Which im planning on doing soon)

Can't you just use a fader? Even if it's all on one track, just adjust the volume levels as necessary.
Waff is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: