Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Acoustic & Classical Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-21-2012, 09:16 AM   #1
Grobi93

Which guitar should I get?

Hey!
I can choose from these:

Fender CD-60
Cort Earth 70NS
Takamine D-50

Thanks in advance!
Grobi93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:22 PM   #2
patticake
Acoustic Goddess

i'd remove the fender from your list - it's got a laminate top. pretty sure the cort earth series all has solid tops, and while they don't blow me away, they tend to be well made and pretty good sounding. the tak i can't find much about, but the NEX shape has interested me. ultimately i'd probably go with the cort 'cause it's a dread and you know what to expect.

can you try these in person?

at this price range, can you not find a yamaha fg700?
patticake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 03:17 PM   #3
Grobi93

I have just these options for now, because I would give my Maxtone guitar and would pay the difference.
Old 10-21-2012, 03:17 PM   #4
Grobi93

Oh and Thanks for the answer!
Old 10-23-2012, 07:19 AM   #5
Grobi93

Hey!
I could get an Ovation Applause AE127 guitar. Should I get this one?
Old 10-23-2012, 11:21 AM   #6
patticake
Acoustic Goddess

not sure i've played that model, but the mid bowl ovations have good bass. sometimes they need the right strings or they sound a bit muddy, but they sound good with DR rares, among others.

if you sit when you play, you may find the round back of the guitar makes it roll off your lap a lot.

Last edited by patticake : 10-23-2012 at 11:23 AM.
patticake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:35 AM   #7
FenderBender72
The Bearded Warrior

the only acoustic i have is the cd-60. i love that guitar. throw some D'addario bronze mediums on it and it sounds amazing. only thing i would have done differently is buy the cut away for easier access to higher frets, but thats no big deal as i love my guitar. and it practically never falls out of tune. i cant speak for the others you mention, but i can give you my opinion the the fender.

FenderBender72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:39 PM   #8
stepchildusmc

i'd have to agree with Patticake on this one. she pretty muched nailed it. of the 3, the Cort. your 4th of the applause....ehh.. i'm a huge fan of Ovations and Adamas guitars( still dont understand the whole slipping off my lap thing, never came close to happening to me but i am built physically differently than the average person - need to lay off the hoho's ) but i'm not quite sure of the applause line. only played a few of them but they sounded really bad.. keeping in mind that i played them oustide in Ballston Spa NY on a very humid NY summer day( the Ovations didnt seem to fair as bad as the applauses).
stepchildusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:53 PM   #9
dannyalcatraz
Black Cherry Jello

I'm a lardass with a deep-bowl Ovation. I use a strap, standing or sitting. No problems losing control.

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!
dannyalcatraz is online now   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: