Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Metal
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-01-2012, 11:33 AM   #1
leony03
UG's Lord of Timey Wimey

So Nightwish are without a singer once again...

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.as..._medium=twitter

This is very sad news for me as I loved their most recent album and are one of my favourite bands and I'm going to see them for the first time in a few months. Anyone else here a fan of Nightwish?

People are demanding Tarja back but thats not going to happen and I'm seriously hoping she doesnt come back. Her voice gets on my nerves now

Quote:
Originally Posted by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
leony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:42 AM   #2
moody git
I bad writing

just saw this on the facebook page. a part of me hopes that they'll do similar to what kamelot did regarding touring without a permanent vocalist and bring in a load of guest singers, though i might be biased because i'm not the biggest fan of floor jansen.
i'd also be interested in an album with marco on 'lead' vocals, but have a number of guests too.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:42 AM   #3
Magero
Nothing to say, Bats?

Meh.

Floor is a great singer, but really... I wouldn't want to get involved in this band. Really does seem like the keyboardist and guitarist have full say over what happens, since they write the music, and even though Tarja being fired was because she was a bitch, I get the impression that Anette bailed because she got sick of being "the new girl" still after 5 years.

Regardless, there are so many better bands incorporating symphonic elements into their music, I don't really care too much what happens.

...that somehow...

somewhere...

...all of this makes sense!

Magero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:07 PM   #4
mulefish
UG Addict

Shiitttt. I was really looking forward to hearing her sing when they tour australia early next year.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:33 PM   #5
DukeFame

thank god anette sucked
DukeFame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:38 PM   #6
Nero Galon
Alright, Alright, Alright

Yeah I am a fan!

Really sad to hear this, I loved Anette's voice... Her voice was angelic.
Nero Galon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:44 PM   #7
Zero Substance

There's already a Nightwish thread. Take this discussion there, no need for another thread.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...ad.php?t=374699
Zero Substance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 12:52 PM   #8
Petzakecske

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeFame
thank god anette sucked

no
you suck
Petzakecske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:34 PM   #9
Scourge441
Eyes With Pride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magero
Meh.

Floor is a great singer, but really... I wouldn't want to get involved in this band. Really does seem like the keyboardist and guitarist have full say over what happens, since they write the music, and even though Tarja being fired was because she was a bitch, I get the impression that Anette bailed because she got sick of being "the new girl" still after 5 years.

Regardless, there are so many better bands incorporating symphonic elements into their music, I don't really care too much what happens.

I wouldn't be so quick to blame them. Anette had to be hospitalized before last Friday's show, so the band performed with two of Kamelot's backup singers. Anette proceeded to bitch about it.

Quote:
Writing on her official blog, Olzon voiced her displeasure over the fact that NIGHTWISH played a concert without her, stating, "I was never asked if it was OK they used Elize and Alissa in the show [Friday] night. I don't think it's a good decision they made and I'm sorry for those of you who came to see the whole band but got something else. But I was very ill and this decision wasn't mine.'

She continued in a separate posting, "This is just music. Like life, sometimes we get ill and shows do get canceled. Rihanna wouldn't ask Britney Spears to sing for her if she was ill."

She concluded, "To think a show is more important than the humans in the band is, for me, so totally not in this world."

Her reaction is unwarranted IMO. If someone in your band can't perform but a temporary replacement is readily available, you play anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Substance
There's already a Nightwish thread. Take this discussion there, no need for another thread.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...ad.php?t=374699

It's up to the mods, but traditionally it's been acceptable to create new threads for bigger news like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodster
Mega Death?

Are they like Megadeth?

Last edited by Scourge441 : 10-01-2012 at 02:36 PM.
Scourge441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:29 PM   #10
Kytokinesis
rose tint my world

Quote:
Originally Posted by leony03
People are demanding Tarja back but thats not going to happen and I'm seriously hoping she doesnt come back. Her voice gets on my nerves now

Tarja's solo stuff is better than Nightwish anyway IMO. Tarja, u rawk.
Kytokinesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:36 PM   #11
Sanitarium91
Night Dreamer

"Rihanna wouldn't ask Britney Spears to sing for her if she was ill."

Originally Posted by jkielq91
'Thrax isnt my term, I have seen it written in all sorts of places.
'pologies.

Sanitarium91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:50 PM   #12
Magero
Nothing to say, Bats?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scourge441
I wouldn't be so quick to blame them. Anette had to be hospitalized before last Friday's show, so the band performed with two of Kamelot's backup singers. Anette proceeded to bitch about it.

Her reaction is unwarranted IMO. If someone in your band can't perform but a temporary replacement is readily available, you play anyway.

Oh no, I totally read that, I just still get the impression that the band is basically going "Psh, whatever, it's just a singer". I'm not saying Annete's little bitch was justified, just that the band itself seems to be pretty "guys who write the music > everyone else" when it comes to stuff like this. As she said, they didn't even ASK her about the situation. They just went "oh, she's sick, we'll get a replacement". It doesn't matter if that's the most logical option, the fact that no one consulted her implies how little they care. See where I'm coming from?

...that somehow...

somewhere...

...all of this makes sense!

Magero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:04 PM   #13
Scourge441
Eyes With Pride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magero
Oh no, I totally read that, I just still get the impression that the band is basically going "Psh, whatever, it's just a singer". I'm not saying Annete's little bitch was justified, just that the band itself seems to be pretty "guys who write the music > everyone else" when it comes to stuff like this. As she said, they didn't even ASK her about the situation. They just went "oh, she's sick, we'll get a replacement". It doesn't matter if that's the most logical option, the fact that no one consulted her implies how little they care. See where I'm coming from?

I see where your coming from, but IMO Anette's just being whiny and unprofessional. To me, this isn't so much a songwriters vs. others issue, it's just the band wanting to be respected as a full group as opposed to being a bunch of dudes backing up a set of pipes.

It'd be one thing if it were a serious debilitating problem, I guess, but it sounds like she was just hospitalized as a precaution. And in that situation, I wouldn't be nearly as offended as she is. Her response to being replaced strikes me as one of inflated self-importance and not necessarily hurt feelings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodster
Mega Death?

Are they like Megadeth?
Scourge441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:26 PM   #14
guitgrinder
Look! Over there!!!---->

3 words:

Who freaking cares?

Seriously, Nightwish is just the most cheeseball type of metal out there. I could take a band like Psychostick more seriously than Nightwish. In all honesty, the only, and I mean ONLY reason anyone cares about this band is the nice racks that have fronted this band. Same band with a dude singer would be just some other symphonic power metal band, where most people would probably just say, "**** this, lets listen to Blind Guardian."

I'd like to point out that BG are pretty cool, and 100 million times cooler than Nightwish.
/biased against female-fronted heavy metal
guitgrinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:33 PM   #15
Sanitarium91
Night Dreamer

^^Eh, she's being a bit ridiculous with stuff like the statement I quoted before, but let's face it; it doesn't seem at all like being a part of a band when things like that go un-notified. But like ^this guy said, who cares really? Shite band anyway.

2c
Originally Posted by jkielq91
'Thrax isnt my term, I have seen it written in all sorts of places.
'pologies.

Sanitarium91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:49 PM   #16
Kytokinesis
rose tint my world

They should just get Tim "the ripper" Owens.
Kytokinesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:00 PM   #17
illuminatiano
CHAOS REIGNS

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitgrinder
3 words:

Who freaking cares?

Seriously, Nightwish is just the most cheeseball type of metal out there. I could take a band like Psychostick more seriously than Nightwish. In all honesty, the only, and I mean ONLY reason anyone cares about this band is the nice racks that have fronted this band. Same band with a dude singer would be just some other symphonic power metal band, where most people would probably just say, "**** this, lets listen to Blind Guardian."

I'd like to point out that BG are pretty cool, and 100 million times cooler than Nightwish.
/biased against female-fronted heavy metal

hahaha took the words outta my mouth
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
illuminatiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:55 AM   #18
arthur_s

Well, it's life and nothing lasts forever. We'll see what Nightwish will do without her in future. But, it's sad
arthur_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:24 AM   #19
hamza hashmi

i wish they could call sharon del adel of within temptation for a guest performance.
hamza hashmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:26 AM   #20
2thebeat89
Banned

Someone answer me here plaese! http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=30542228
Thank you!
2thebeat89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: