Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Original Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-01-2012, 11:33 AM   #1
tottsk1

King for Nothing WIP (MetalCore, maybe techincal) C4C!

This version is without VOX and work in progress but i have recorded some vocals and will put another version up when it's finished. Do u guys think the snare is too loud?
Let me know what u think! C4C!

http://soundcloud.com/gujukal/king-...ing-original-no
tottsk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:22 PM   #2
EpiExplorer
Pulling straws at random

Its got a little too much reverb. Good drum sound overall actually. A key tip to remember is that the loudest things in the mix should be the kick and snare.

Shame the music isn't that amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ometh
Eip pls
EpiExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:50 PM   #3
tottsk1

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpiExplorer
Its got a little too much reverb. Good drum sound overall actually. A key tip to remember is that the loudest things in the mix should be the kick and snare.

Shame the music isn't that amazing.

The reverb bus on the snare is too loud i think, there is not very much reverb on the rest of the drums.

We have different taste in music i guess
Old 10-01-2012, 02:25 PM   #4
Sleepy__Head
A cornucopia of trivia

I'm not a massive metalcore fan, but the drums & guitars sound good to me.

Levels-wise I agree on the advice that the kick & snare should be loud but my view is that the vocals should be the loudest bit of the track with the kick & snare supporting them. (That view'll probably get me into an argument, but what the hell).

Personally I would say that the kick could come down a tad and there might be a smidgin too much reverb on the snare depending on your taste in these things - the reverb doesn't sound ridiculous but it's definitely there. Also the bass should come up because I can't hear it at all. You're going to tell me you've not recorded the bass now aren't you?

If you want to C4C: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1565583
Sleepy__Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:45 PM   #5
tottsk1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy__Head
Also the bass should come up because I can't hear it at all. You're going to tell me you've not recorded the bass now aren't you?

If you want to C4C: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1565583

I use Trilian for bass, but i think it sounds really good for being MIDI. The bass is really noticeable for me, maybe i should raise a couple of dB. You would hear a massive difference if there were no bass though :P

I will crit on your song asap
Old 10-03-2012, 09:56 AM   #6
Drummerrrrr?
Howdy, howdy, howdy

Sounds good, riffage is great! Snare verb could come down, rhythms could stand to come down a tad to fit into the mix a bit more. Also, guitar needs a bit more chugg rather than scratchyness but other than I like alot, playing is super freaking tight! What'd you use for guitar tones? Drums are Slate?

www.lachlancresswell.com
Drummerrrrr? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:19 PM   #7
tottsk1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummerrrrr?
Sounds good, riffage is great! Snare verb could come down, rhythms could stand to come down a tad to fit into the mix a bit more. Also, guitar needs a bit more chugg rather than scratchyness but other than I like alot, playing is super freaking tight! What'd you use for guitar tones? Drums are Slate?

I kinda like the scrathy and sharp guitar tone though, i was going a bit after I The Breather's guitar tone if u heard of them. It's TSE X30 (ENGL 530 preamp sim) i believe with a TSE 808 and a lot of eqing and noise gates. All free amp sims. The drums are joey sturgis samples and steven slate kit with Erkan's free cymbal samples.

Rate This Thread: