Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Musician Talk
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 10-01-2012, 02:38 PM   #1
08L1V10N
UG Addict

E-learning environment for music learning

Hello guys, I was invited to participate in a brainstorm for a nascent official e-learning environment for music study.

What do you think could be very useful in such environment, like a good idea? I myself was thinking of:

* Wiki
* E-library/sourcematerial
* 'Serious games'
* Links to helpful music sites
* Ability to upload files (eg movies of music practice).
* Discussion forum
* Recorded results
* Of course mail application, for feedback

Thanks a real lot

Yes, its its own kind of metal, but its still metal.
08L1V10N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:04 PM   #2
Scorpyin

guitar pro (or similar programs)
Scorpyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 03:08 PM   #3
08L1V10N
UG Addict

Yeah thanks, tuxguitar or powertab would be an option

Yes, its its own kind of metal, but its still metal.
08L1V10N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:11 PM   #4
Hail
kill both bass players

the forum will be the basis of your site's culture and should be the focal point of your site. since it has the ability to tie all the features of your site together, as well as give a general focus of your community, leadership, and structure, definitely don't slack on it or cheap out on the infrastructure because that will be the main appeal of people to keep coming back and freely advertising for you, providing feedback, and actually making use of the applications you have on the site.

if you get too focused on the actual applications (though they're obviously important) and just throw the forums on as a tiny link on the home page and leave it at that, you'll really be selling yourself short the way i see it.
Hail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:26 PM   #5
links136

i'd say something that provides alot of theory, video's on theory, as well as forums and tabs. This site has alot of useful information, as well as youtube, but it's not really organized any a real good way.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:59 PM   #6
Hail
kill both bass players

Quote:
Originally Posted by links136
i'd say something that provides alot of theory, video's on theory, as well as forums and tabs. This site has alot of useful information, as well as youtube, but it's not really organized any a real good way.

most theory, especially here, is full of inconsistencies, bullshit, and arguments over what you actually need to learn and at what priority. as long as basic chord, key, and ear theory is covered, you should have a strong footing in basically any modern music. i'd rather have little knowledge and plenty of common sense in analyzing (and creating) music than the inverse.
Hail is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: